Hacking 1.4.2e firmware and acekard

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Just out of curiosity, where did you find this video? Could you link it to me please?
I looked around but could not find anything as substantial as that.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
That...didn't mention any release date. While Davey87 mentioned a video about the update "being due to release today". The latter was the sort of video I was looking for, I'm afraid.

icet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi got this today for acekard

We have finished the update patch for 1.4.2 system. You can find the video on http://youtu.be/sVvsShAX81c .
We just need more test to make sure that it will be 100% stable and valid.So please be patient.
We'll release this update patch on the official website at the begaining of June.

Thank you for your attention and being with Acekard.
We won't let any Acekard user down.

Kind regards

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Acekard TEAM, play with their customers or what?

They release firmware for two R4i, but not for their AK2i???

What they are doing???

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bitonio6 said:
Acekard team have too many problems with all their
different hardware

The 3DS firmware not working on all AK2i hardware, no?
Tell me about it. Currently boned with my HW44 one, even though it is legit. Thanks to a sale, broke down and bought a SCDS2 today. Hoping to get it soon, now that my current DS lite is broken.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
bitonio6 said:
No... Because you need the code for the hardware signature!
Usually you have alternative menus/loaders/kernels, but you never really have alternative firmwares. That's usually left to the hardware manufacturers to make!

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
codezer0 said:
bitonio6 said:
Acekard team have too many problems with all their
different hardware

The 3DS firmware not working on all AK2i hardware, no?
Tell me about it. Currently boned with my HW44 one, even though it is legit. Thanks to a sale, broke down and bought a SCDS2 today. Hoping to get it soon, now that my current DS lite is broken.
You can contact Acekard.com and ask for an exchange !

wink.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nollog said:
Haven't they released it yet?
Why so slow?
Because unlike every other team, they take their time to test their products, then try and not use all their exploits.
I think another world explains this better than I can; here

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna put this here in case ya'll missed it

Another World said:
kenpachi said:
they could do it a thousand times over. they are just being LAZY by waiting for the 3ds update to kill 2 birds.

this is incorrect speculation and its obvious that you do not understand how most flash kits get around the dsi blocks. by spreading false information you accomplish nothing but to instill fear and panic into the end-users that their chosen team will not support their product.

there are, in fact, a limited number of roms which can be used for the exploit that the acekard and MANY other flash kits use. their exploit works (in basic terms) by flashing the majority of an actual rom into the first layer. the dsi checks to see if the icon is in the known white list, it then asks the cart to respond with data from a certain location, it then boots the game. flash kits respond with the data and then boot their firmware instead. however, the acekard (and MANY other flash kits) are limited (because of hardware) to respond with the data from the rom which has been flashed. where other kits can be updated just for the data response. these are the kits that when updated do not have their icon changed, this is because even though that game is now blocked on the dsi the data the game responds with is spoofed via the newer method.

one day nintendo will block all known exploited roms and on that day the ackeard 2i (and other flash kits that use the exact same exploit) will cease to function on the updated dsi firmware. this may not be an issue for users who understand how bad the current offerings for dsi-ware are, but it is a concern if nintendo offers an update the firmware needs. much like the next update which will allow dsi-ware to be transferred to the 3ds (a stupid method, yes, but that is a topic for another discussion)

team acekard is not lazy, i know because i am in contact with them, normmatt, and smiths, on a daily basis in real time. they have, in fact, cracked the problem but are waiting to update because they are smart enough to know that every team who has just updated has wasted one of the precious few exploitable roms. it makes more sense, from a business standpoint and from a longevity standpoint to wait to release your update if you know, for a fact, that another dsi firmware is a month away.

please consider such facts before you make aggravated assumptions and then formulate your emotions into words that do nothing but confuse and cause dismay to our community.

-another world

credit goes to Another World

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
I'm gonna put this here in case ya'll missed it

Another World said:
kenpachi said:
they could do it a thousand times over. they are just being LAZY by waiting for the 3ds update to kill 2 birds.

there are, in fact, a limited number of roms which can be used for the exploit that the acekard and MANY other flash kits use. their exploit works (in basic terms) by flashing the majority of an actual rom into the first layer. the dsi checks to see if the icon is in the known white list, it then asks the cart to respond with data from a certain location, it then boots the game. flash kits respond with the data and then boot their firmware instead. however, the acekard (and MANY other flash kits) are limited (because of hardware) to respond with the data from the rom which has been flashed. where other kits can be updated just for the data response. these are the kits that when updated do not have their icon changed, this is because even though that game is now blocked on the dsi the data the game responds with is spoofed via the newer method.

-another world

credit goes to Another World

I'm also not understanding the 'vitriol' behind the lack of update. It's not even like having this new firmware gives you any real beneficial feature set. And I think most people are in a good regement of NOT updating for the sake of updating considering the first firmware fiasco. It certainly makes more sense to release an update once the new firmware comes out that actually has some usable features that would make you want the new firmware rather than being behind.

The basic exploit he described is pretty well described on the Hackmii blog site awhile back so I understand the reasoning behind not wanting to 'waste' an exploit. Just like how the iPhone jailbreak crew did the same when they were close to releasing their hack, but backed off due to another one being released in the wild. No sense burning an exploit on some silly firmware update that no one really needs.

I'm actually a bit curious of the 'newer method' he talks about though. I figure the iEvo uses the savegame exploits in order to do it's hack which is why it has been impervious to blocking by Nintendo. Would the SCDS2 fall into this newer category? If so how does it work on a technical level? Mostly just curious!

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Nollog said:
Haven't they released it yet?
Why so slow?
Because unlike every other team, they take their time to test their products, then try and not use all their exploits.
I think another world explains this better than I can; here
Two weeks since they showed it off on youtube and proclaimed they had an update on their website and they haven't finished testing yet?

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
NDS firmware been live for 14 days.

Acekard averages $12

Y'all need to do two things:

a) Be patient you're getting more than your money's worth since ACEKARD NEVER ADVERTISED THEIR CARD AS UPGRADABLE
b) kill yourself if you're the kind of moron who updates to a new firmware the second it's released then bitches at a company to hurry up and support your bonehead decision

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s