1-10 How would you rate Current Gen Consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I Like defending the PS3. Like I said before it's just not fair hating on the console because of the company. What if I hated The Xbox 360 because I hate Microsoft making crappy Windows. It wouldn't be fair to the 360. Your right everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it's kinda of stupid hating on a console for no reason.

Your right though Ace I'll stop. :S Still when I see a stupid fanboy comment I couldn't help but argue
tongue.gif
I'll try to hold my self back now haha

It's perfectly within a person's rights to dislike a product because they dislike a company. It might be stupid, but it's their call. Now stop derailing any topic that even mentions the PS3. If you want to defend the console, then start a new topic where you go through the pros of the system.
smile.gif
You may like defending the PS3 in every topic, but the other members don't necessarily like you doing it. And I certainly don't like closing every topic due to it devolving into a PS3-related off-topic flame war.
lecture.gif
Don't worry about it. He just realized that Sony suckered him out of $600...

[EDIT]
I also hope that, that Foxconn in his sig isn't that horrible mfg of motherboards either...

As to the PC build:
There are many good mfgs of mbs that run in the $50 - $100 range, even some SLI boards if you're so inclined.

Beyond that why would you bother with an 8800GT? Even a 6800 is able to at least match consoles, and your other prices are on the high side, especially the PSU. You can get OEM makes of Antec/etc. for less $50 for 600W, but hey, if you want to buy the name... DRAM should be considerably less than $80 for 2G

Or IOW a year ago, I built a machine with the top of the line x2 4800+($200), 2G($45), ASUS mb($75), 250G hd($50), 7800($150), 550W PSU($30) for c. $505. (re-used an Antec case that I liked, had another 250G drive, DVD-ROM, and NEC DVD+/-RW from old machine. More than PS3 overkill. Oh, and the games are moddable as a bonus.

So, I guess
10/10 PC
[/EDIT]

Railgun

( ' _ ' )
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
PS3 6/10 - Overpriced, and nothing special ...
x360 9/10 - nice games, very good online support
wii - 8/10 - some great games (SMG, love it
biggrin.gif
), nice controlling

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
PS3 8/10 - Abit overprised - POWERFULL LIKE HELL! - Funny games
xbox360 3/10 - Sucks cheap hardware - not so powerfull - should be called the 270.
Wii 7/10 - Cheap - Fun - New controls - Not so powerfull but it has it charm.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
PS3 7/10 - Powerful hardware, horrible game collection (currently, until FFXIII and MGS4 comes out).
Xbox360 7/10 - Bad hardware (not in terms of power, but in terms of reliability), Very good game collection.
Wii 6/10 - What happened to cheap console promise? For the crap hardware it delivers, it should not be this expensive at all. However, the games are outstanding. (except for most of the 3rd party crap, Horsez...:shivers:)

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS3 - 0/10 (To make Playstation fanboys mad and I know it will
smile.gif
)
xbox360 - 7.5/10 (For game collection)
Wii - 6/10 (Just because it is not the same as any other system out on the market)

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
But I Like defending the PS3. Like I said before it's just not fair hating on the console because of the company. What if I hated The Xbox 360 because I hate Microsoft making crappy Windows. It wouldn't be fair to the 360. Your right everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it's kinda of stupid hating on a console for no reason.

Your right though Ace I'll stop. :S Still when I see a stupid fanboy comment I couldn't help but argue
tongue.gif
I'll try to hold my self back now haha

It's perfectly within a person's rights to dislike a product because they dislike a company. It might be stupid, but it's their call. Now stop derailing any topic that even mentions the PS3. If you want to defend the console, then start a new topic where you go through the pros of the system.
smile.gif
You may like defending the PS3 in every topic, but the other members don't necessarily like you doing it. And I certainly don't like closing every topic due to it devolving into a PS3-related off-topic flame war.
lecture.gif
Don't worry about it. He just realized that Sony suckered him out of $600...

[EDIT]
I also hope that, that Foxconn in his sig isn't that horrible mfg of motherboards either...

As to the PC build:
There are many good mfgs of mbs that run in the $50 - $100 range, even some SLI boards if you're so inclined.

Beyond that why would you bother with an 8800GT? Even a 6800 is able to at least match consoles, and your other prices are on the high side, especially the PSU. You can get OEM makes of Antec/etc. for less $50 for 600W, but hey, if you want to buy the name... DRAM should be considerably less than $80 for 2G

Or IOW a year ago, I built a machine with the top of the line x2 4800+($200), 2G($45), ASUS mb($75), 250G hd($50), 7800($150), 550W PSU($30) for c. $505. (re-used an Antec case that I liked, had another 250G drive, DVD-ROM, and NEC DVD+/-RW from old machine. More than PS3 overkill. Oh, and the games are moddable as a bonus.

So, I guess
10/10 PC
[/EDIT]

**** you I don't even have a PS3 yet. And you retard the PS3 is 500$. Sorry Ace but this guy is a ****er
sleep.gif
. The Foxconn sig is a video card company not only a motherboard maker and they make great video cards... 6800 Match consoles? No. 7600GT Maybe. Lol top of the like X2 = 4800? YOu really don't know what your talking about. An E6750 is miles better and is only 190$. You would spend 30$ on a PSU? Your really are stupid. If you have a bad PSU if you didn't know it won't run your ''7800'' . And your supposed to rate consoles not a PC. Those are computerz you know the thing that has the interwebz.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually 'retard' you can get a PS3 for $400 if you want some of the features including backwards compatibility stripped from it.
biggrin.gif
Still you are right to get the correctly and fully working unit it is $500.

Still finding these misinformed posts about the Wii being overpriced hilarious, especially seeing there was a post I think in this forum which showed that it costs them $199 to put one together (sans Wii Sports), pack, mail and ship it. So I fail to see why it's overpriced.
smile.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Actually 'retard' you can get a PS3 for $400 if you want some of the features including backwards compatibility stripped from it.
biggrin.gif
 Still you are right to get the correctly and fully working unit it is $500.

Still finding these misinformed posts about the Wii being overpriced hilarious, especially seeing there was a post I think in this forum which showed that it costs them $199 to put one together (sans Wii Sports), pack, mail and ship it. So I fail to see why it's overpriced.
smile.gif
Well, that maybe because of where they're from. The cheapest I can get Wii in a store around here is $269.99 For some F!@#$ed up reason 360 is ONLY $299.99. I fail to see any reason why I would be even paying a similar price for the two consoles. I can care less if it has crap graphix, but if it burns the same sized hole in my wallet, I'm better off with 360. The whole point of Wii having bad hardware is that it will be cheap. Guess not.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Wii 6/10 - What happened to cheap console promise? For the crap hardware it delivers, it should not be this expensive at all. However, the games are outstanding. (except for most of the 3rd party crap, Horsez...:shivers:)
The Wii was the cheap console, until the prices dropped for other consoles. But look at it this way. The DS used to be half the price of a PSP, now the prices are pretty much the same. The DS costs as much as a PSP, but has a slower CPU, less RAM, smaller screen(s), inferior graphics, lower sound quality... as you say, it delivers crap hardware. However, the games are outstanding. Except for most of the 3rd party crap (Horsez DS...)
wink.gif

See?

I'll admit that the Wii doesn't have enough (good) games yet to justify a price tag almost identical to the X360 (*), but things are looking up
happy.gif

(*) (Justify it to gamers who are weighing the options and bang-per-buck between consoles, because the Wii's target audience isn't interested in other consoles at all, and take the price of the Wii as is. The choice you are making as a gamer is Wii versus X360, but the choice your mother (for example) is making is "Wii" versus "no Wii.")

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii = 9.0

Xbox 360 = 9.0

PC = 8.5

PS3 = 0.0

PS2 = 8.5 (best console of the last gen)

PSP = 2.5

Nintendo DS = 9.7

Nintendo DS Lite = 10.0

GP2X F200 = 8.9

What. The. Fuck.? You just hate everything Sony other than the PS2 right? PS3 0.0? Why? PSP 2.5? Why? Give me 5 good reasons, not crap like it doesn't have any games.

I don't have to give you anything. Nor do I have to justify my opinions to a fanboy.

You behave like a Sony Viral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/