Review 0ddity's IE 9 Beta review

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice review, I'm really glad they didn't do tabs on top, which the number one reason, I refuse to use chrome, I absolute hate it. with firefox im using a theme that makes it look like office 2010, it's gonna be hard to change though....

0ddity

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Murkurie.

RoMee, I tried it, and it's working fine for me. If I click on an email from IE9, without windows live mail open, it opens the program minimally, and creates a new email with that address. By that I mean it creates only the new email window, it doesn't bring up my inbox and everything. If its already open, it just creates the new email. No crashing. It's possible they might have updated WL Mail to work with IE9 and you're using an outdated version. Then again maybe not, check what version you have from Help>About. Mine is version 14.0.8117.0416. If thats your version, I dunno why its not working for you. Maybe try reinstalling Mail. It could also be a bug thats different between 64 and 32 bit versions, if you're using 32 bit.

Edit:

Another thing you might want to check, in Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs, make sure all 4 default options for WL Mail are checked.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mine is a little different from your
mine is like 2009 (14XXX)
and I'm using 64 bit

QUOTE said:
By that I mean it creates only the new email window, it doesn't bring up my inbox and everything
after the update mine don't do that anymore, I mean it does but than it says it stop working..

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
0ddity said:
Sucks, maybe for now your only solution is to copy/paste the emails, or switch back browsers until the release is final.

yeah, thanks for trying man

EDIT

I fix that email issue, it was a registry error, after a scan and fix, email is working again

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Time to load Gbatemp;
Chrome canary: 5 seconds from start page, 2 seconds to refresh
IE9 Beta: 5 seconds from MSN home page, 4 seconds to refresh
Meh, Chrome starts a lot quicker, but once IE9 gets going it becomes very fast.
Personally I'll stick with chrome 'cause it's from google
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte