Gaming 0929 Front Mission 1st

brn

Trophies
XP
Country
So is it playable or should we wait for English release? Since it's a Square game I bet it should have a pretty neat story one might missout on if you play it in japanese.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So is it playable or should we wait for English release? Since it's a Square game I bet it should have a pretty neat story one might missout on if you play it in japanese.

The story line is in Japanese, so won't be able understand what they are saying. But, if you want to try it out and see if it's any good, at least the main menu and battle menu is in english. I would say, wait for the english release, so that you can fully enjoy the game and the story.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried writing with loads of methods on M3 CF but crashes after the title screen.

If its like the other game (DS version is a remake) on PSX and SNES its fairly easy to play it but after say half hour you will need to know what to do.

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking about trying this when the english version comes out (or right now if it's really that good). I played Front Mission 4 (not technically sure it was 4, but there was a guy called Daryl as a main character), but it wasn't that interesting to me. Then again, I didn't really give it a chance.

So, What is it about Front Mission that has alot of people hooked?

nick.post

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking about trying this when the english version comes out (or right now if it's really that good). I played Front Mission 4 (not technically sure it was 4, but there was a guy called Daryl as a main character), but it wasn't that interesting to me. Then again, I didn't really give it a chance.

So, What is it about Front Mission that has alot of people hooked?

Yeah, the one with Daryl in Venezuela and the Durandal in the EU is FM4. It's good, if you hit X when you see dialog. The link system in 4 is pretty fun, but you can't salvage parts or eject like you could in 3. Which brings us to the answer to your question of what has most english speakers hooked on FM, it's FM3. It totally rocks if you like turn based strategy.

So, if you like Fire Emblem, Ring of Red, Front Mission 3 and/or4, FFTA, or Gladius (which is my favorite TBS) then you will like this rehash of the SNES game with some addons. I've played about 1/3 through the SNES tranlated rom using an emulator on the PC. TBS really doesn't need great graphics. Sure does help though, but not in this case.

celentt

Trophies
XP
Country
one of the more interesting things about this game is how you can customise all your mechs... but at each shop upgrade, usually there's really only 1 type of mech u'd use cos it's simply the best

hirusho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I beat this game and this is what i think

We get to choose 2 different characters (or 2 different stories/nations) to start with. I chose the opposite nation (the nation main character fight against in SNES version). I don't understand a japanese word so no story spoiler from me XD

I would rate this game on easy side. Enemies really too easy to fight, need not much of strategy ....
Good thing is if you managed to beat this game once, you can choose to play higher difficulty (3 difficulty mode which will affect enemies hp and the damage they inflict). Everything else is pretty much the same like SNES version, which is a good thing cuz I liked SNES version alot. I watched my friend played front mission 4 on his PS2, but that thing isn't comparable to first one. I don't like the sluggish fighting style, let alone the loading time. The 3D model and animation are cool but that's about it. The first front mission is truly the gem of all series.

nick.post

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
one of the more interesting things about this game is how you can customise all your mechs... but at each shop upgrade, usually there's really only 1 type of mech u'd use cos it's simply the best

Not true. It depends on what you're looking for. (And I'm using memory that's polluted from recent FM4) I like my mechs to be able to evade. Evade is better than armor, my friend. I've had a mech with 1400 up top with 290 hp chicken legs, but you couldn't hit him. Just keep a ready heal if he gets a strike from missiles, or restore the legs, because without his magic chicken legs he'd be toast.

Has anyone tried the SNES emu for NDS with FM1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.