[04/2016] Wii U 5.5.X scene explanation.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Meme Run (it got DMCA'd by the troll face creator). It's playable if you still have it on your Wii U, but if you never bought the 'game' (i don't have better examples) or deleted it off your system then the only way to obtain it is pirate it and play /w loadiine.
I did not think of that, I think that like many of the weird low budget indies came out only in america, again that licencing issue, I think those (like few of those slender clones or whatever for Wii U) are America only, so that is double plus good.

But yeah like I said this is not like even 5% of the usage you can have with it, but it still is good for preservation in this day and age digital only reigns.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Even if piracy is inevitable a free solution is still better than a pay one. If you don't release anything some Chinese profiteers will eventually take the spotlight (remember brickway and DRM dongles?) as long as people demand for piracy. In that case a public CFW that can be abused for piracy is still better than someone making huge profits by allowing people to pirate.

I wish the developers can get that somehow and ignore the dark side of the homebrew scene.

this will not be the case.

The wiiu have such a small user base than even chineses see no profit on pirating the thing.
too few buyers, too much late in console life...

"pirate problem" on wiiu is "non-problem" ... even in the case with NX to be revelaed nintendo could not even give a fuck if ever the pirating thing happens now ...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Homebrew is hard business.

I see on your profile that you are from Finland...
I can imagine why iosu is important for you ... with that prices in nordic countries ...

Sorry but I want to make you come to reality:
There is no interest in wiiu homebrew.
the console would have been the best homebrew thing on the planet, all the potential was there.
1)
off screen play for everything.
2)
running 2 instances of a media center on tv and gamepad would have been godly.
3)
game mods (imagine a mario maker mod with private servers...)
4)
all emus rewritten to take the full power of wiiu.
5)
real async gameplay homebrew games (imagine a doungeoun master kind of game , or a tank smiluator , or a helicopter simulator, one driving and other firing,now imagine that on online ala ArmA ...do not care about grpahics the concept alone would have been godly!!!)
ect ect

but reality is there is no time left for the poor wiiu, NX is approaching, and scene guuys here have no intention to open it...

so do not get upset but majority of people here is ok with what we got ...

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Eeek it's the half-***ed half-sarcastic thread "trying" to show the situation to all the people who didn't ask for it, Gee-THX, OP, i just needed this.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
this will not be the case.

The wiiu have such a small user base than even chineses see no profit on pirating the thing.
too few buyers, too much late in console life...

"pirate problem" on wiiu is "non-problem" ... even in the case with NX to be revelaed nintendo could not even give a fuck if ever the pirating thing happens now ...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I see on your profile that you are from Finland...
I can imagine why iosu is important for you ... with that prices in nordic countries ...

Nah, I buy my games, or what I can. My modded PS3 currently hosts almost mainly tons of fighting games I already own just for ease of having them all on HDD or whatnot, I have TPHD, SMM, Smash, yoshi, whatever on the disc. Heck my problem is not to keep up with Wii U releases I want but 3DS is the bigger problem... Was...

Also since never releasing new system meant the need of doom for old one. This is homebrew and not actual game devs we talk about. Heck PS2 got it's last official game releases back in 2013 or something still. Xbox homebrew scene STILL goes on, almost dead but not quite, XMBC4xbox goes on, and so on. There was new softmod installation methods coming out even in 2007 which was year after 360 was already out and so on. Like in which reality was it that a release of new system meant old one is being just thrown out with the bathwater? Like never, all brewers just wiped the work they worked on, threw it out and started to watch the new system IMMEDIATELY. This ALWAYS happened yeah?

But no, I can buy my games if I need to, and if I want to. No problems there. No need to make profiling assumptions when they can miss the mark quite badly.
not_even_all.jpg

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GEEEEET EOF'D ON

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄░░░░
░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░▄▄██████▄░░░░░░▄██████▄▄░░░█
█░░███▀▀█████░░░░░░██▀▀██████░░█
▀▄░███▄▄█████░░▄▄░░██▄▄██████░▄▀
░▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░▄██▄░░▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀░
░▄▀░░░▄░▀▀░░░░████░░░░▀▀░▄░░░▀▄░
░█░░▄▄█▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄░░█░
░▀▄░░░▀▄█░▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀█░█▀░░░▄▀░
░░▀▄░░░░▀▀▄▄█░░█░░░█░▄█▀░░░░▄▀░░
░░░░▀▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄▀░░░░
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
GEEEEET EOF'D ON

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄░░░░
░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░▄▄██████▄░░░░░░▄██████▄▄░░░█
█░░███▀▀█████░░░░░░██▀▀██████░░█
▀▄░███▄▄█████░░▄▄░░██▄▄██████░▄▀
░▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░▄██▄░░▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀░
░▄▀░░░▄░▀▀░░░░████░░░░▀▀░▄░░░▀▄░
░█░░▄▄█▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄░░█░
░▀▄░░░▀▄█░▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀█░█▀░░░▄▀░
░░▀▄░░░░▀▀▄▄█░░█░░░█░▄█▀░░░░▄▀░░
░░░░▀▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄▀░░░░
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░

Reactions: raulpica

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, I buy my games, or what I can. My modded PS3 currently hosts almost mainly tons of fighting games I already own just for ease of having them all on HDD or whatnot, I have TPHD, SMM, Smash, yoshi, whatever on the disc. Heck my problem is not to keep up with Wii U releases I want but 3DS is the bigger problem... Was...

Also since never releasing new system meant the need of doom for old one. This is homebrew and not actual game devs we talk about. Heck PS2 got it's last official game releases back in 2013 or something still. Xbox homebrew scene STILL goes on, almost dead but not quite, XMBC4xbox goes on, and so on. There was new softmod installation methods coming out even in 2007 which was year after 360 was already out and so on. Like in which reality was it that a release of new system meant old one is being just thrown out with the bathwater? Like never, all brewers just wiped the work they worked on, threw it out and started to watch the new system IMMEDIATELY. This ALWAYS happened yeah?

But no, I can buy my games if I need to, and if I want to. No problems there. No need to make profiling assumptions when they can miss the mark quite badly.
View attachment 47036

nice collection...!!!
it's rare find a nordic with so much games!!!
most of them are turned away from high prices usually...or retro go after some years...
latest years online deals get the situation a bit less pricer...good for vikings...
ps:
few wii games... you need retro go some of them as soon you can ...

anyway ...
it's not a problem if in 10 years someone will come out with a IOSU... problem is that what we see now with wiiu is what is going to happen for all future consoles...in 2/3 years cycles with incremental consoles, mandatory online ect ect there is a lot of effort from guys on the scene to get on par with console makers,
cannot blame theme for not willing to spend so much time on getting a point console maker can patch in few days ...
on wiiu even with IOSU the scene lost ...c'mon let's accept this guys...!!

ps:
that shelf is HORRIBLE ...LOL!!! ;)
Ikea on the force!!!LOL

Last edited by nintendarium,

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
nice collection...!!!
it's rare find a nordic with so much games!!!
most of them are turned away from high prices usually...or retro go after some years...
latest years online deals get the situation a bit less pricer...good for vikings...
ps:
few wii games... you need retro go some of them as soon you can ...

anyway ...
it's not a problem if in 10 years someone will come out with a IOSU... problem is that what we see now with wiiu is what is going to happen for all future consoles...in 2/3 years cycles with incremental consoles, mandatory online ect ect there is a lot of effort from guys on the scene to get on par with console makers,
cannot blame theme for not willing to spend so much time on getting a point console maker can patch in few days ...
on wiiu even with IOSU the scene lost ...c'mon let's accept this guys...!!

I dunno, it only depends on what the system can do and what the makers of exploits want it to do. There is no set rules or boundaries and it really follows the same rules as music:
Once you set your mind free of concepts like harmony or the music being "correct" you can really set yourself free and really do anything. The point currently for Wii U is with a redNAND you could not patch the exploits out that way, like with 3DS now emuNAND/redNAND cannot be patched out in any tangible way, as cannot A9LH which was last spike for boot time exploit for 3DS. PS3, once set to exploited firmware will never leave it unless user makes it so in some way, and currently possibilities for such happen.

Currenly it is more about; current lesser exploits based on running them from the only hole you have every time you boot; The browser - that CAN be indeed patched out and if you go with it, you loose your hole, vs. exploits such as having IOSU exploited and in boot time somehow.

The culture war, kinda sorta, is around piracy vs. homebrew. The clever people doing these want it for homebrew. Smea got this with 3DS as his exploits for 3DS are userland and thus, more or less homebrew only. His tools lets you do all the homebrew-ey stuff without enabling piracy in any way, until downgrading through a kernel exploit in his homebrew became possible.

Fail0verflow touched on this matter with their Wii U hack; They had hacked Wii U a long while ago, but they did not find interest in releasing their work since they are interested enabling homebrew only, but not piracy; and they said the scene moves more from homebrews to piracy. This is why they on PS4 are now building a Linux for it specifically so a linux community would grow around PS4 rather than one exploiting the main OS and enabling piracy in some fast manner.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno, it only depends on what the system can do and what the makers of exploits want it to do. There is no set rules or boundaries and it really follows the same rules as music:
Once you set your mind free of concepts like harmony or the music being "correct" you can really set yourself free and really do anything. The point currently for Wii U is with a redNAND you could not patch the exploits out that way, like with 3DS now emuNAND/redNAND cannot be patched out in any tangible way, as cannot A9LH which was last spike for boot time exploit for 3DS. PS3, once set to exploited firmware will never leave it unless user makes it so in some way, and currently possibilities for such happen.

Currenly it is more about; current lesser exploits based on running them from the only hole you have every time you boot; The browser - that CAN be indeed patched out and if you go with it, you loose your hole, vs. exploits such as having IOSU exploited and in boot time somehow.

The culture war, kinda sorta, is around piracy vs. homebrew. The clever people doing these want it for homebrew. Smea got this with 3DS as his exploits for 3DS are userland and thus, more or less homebrew only. His tools lets you do all the homebrew-ey stuff without enabling piracy in any way, until downgrading through a kernel exploit in his homebrew became possible.

Fail0verflow touched on this matter with their Wii U hack; They had hacked Wii U a long while ago, but they did not find interest in releasing their work since they are interested enabling homebrew only, but not piracy; and they said the scene moves more from homebrews to piracy. This is why they on PS4 are now building a Linux for it specifically so a linux community would grow around PS4 rather than one exploiting the main OS and enabling piracy in some fast manner.

Naaaahh ...piracy on wiiu is a "non-problem" ... as drama went out there are other problems on the wiiu scene ...
that returning to my meme modification divided in 2...who is waiting really for IOSU? pirates...and then?
in 10 years who will care about iosu for wiiu?
we bastards and few others...
the time for wiiu was now not in 10 years from now...
all is gone all is lost...
only nice thing about wiiu is that Nintendo cannot blame Piracy this time...LOL

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Naaaahh ...piracy on wiiu is a "non-problem" ... as drama went out there are other problems on the wiiu scene ...
that returning to my meme modification divided in 2...who is waiting really for IOSU? pirates...and then?
in 10 years who will care about iosu for wiiu?
we bastards and few others...
the time for wiiu was now not in 10 years from now...
all is gone all is lost...
only nice thing about wiiu is that Nintendo cannot blame Piracy this time...LOL
Someone who has iosu said they will be releasing their work anyway in a few years (when big N and publishers aren't making $$$ from Wii u anymore) if there's no progress in the scene, but who still cares by then?

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You ask yourself if you're a 5.5.X peasant ? check if some of those symptoms goes for you:
  • You're addicted to the Wii U - Hacking & Homebrew section
  • It may be the first time you logged to a forum in your life
  • Other peasants in this section become familiar, some of them feel like brothers
  • You feel enjoyement once you see one of those peasants rulers avatar in a 5.5.X hacking thread : Marionumber1, NWPlayer123, Hykem, Smea...
  • For you, any thread without 5.5.X on it is a useless thread
  • Sometimes you love hackers, sometimes you hate them...
  • You read this reply with a smile on your face
If you got at least three of those symptoms, than you are a dirty little peasant.
OH GOD!!!! I'M A PEASANT!!!!

Reactions: Droyd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?