Hacking 003 Error on Korean Wii (Region Changed)

mrfraser89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, for some reason, decided to use Waninkoko's 4.3U updater to get my Korean Wii from 4.1U to 4.3U.

Anyway, it didn't like that, and I now have Error 003 Unauthorized Hardware.

I had priiloader installed, and holding reset down would boot into the priiloader menu. With the error displayed now though, I can not seem to get into priiloader?

Further to this, I am not sure what the next approach is to get this system working again. I have a Wasabi DX chip installed and working, however I am not sure if it is autoboot enabled.

What's my best bet for saving this puppy?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It uninstalled priiloader. You have bricked the wii. unless you have bootmii boot2 or a mod chip to run games through the recovery menu you are F***ed.

mrfraser89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As I have a modchip, what can I do from here?

Further to this, if the chip isn't set to autoboot, can I whack it into my PAL device, set autoboot, then set the chip back to Korean (will it retain the autoboot setting?)

It is a wasabi DX chip...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm not sure how to fix it using your modchip, but if u can't figure it out after exploring all your options, you should know that you can contact my good friend [email protected] and as long as u have a nand backup, he will be able to repair your Wii. Heck, I think he can even fix it if u don't have a nand backup.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say for sure what you will need to do but I believe a member created a downgrade disc that might solve the problem.... though if you can get it to boot Super Smash bros brawl you should be able to load a homebrew tool to fix it but I remember hearing that the NTSC version of the the game won't autoboot....

mrfraser89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will give this a go...

The guide mentions you need a game of your region. Does this mean a Korean game or a US game? (As it has a US system menu installed).

Further to this, do scrubbed versions count? If I have a modchip, a game from another region will not work?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scrubbed game will only work if you have a patched ios80. If you have a patched ios80 you can simply boot a MMM disc and fix it with that. 4.2/4.3 will only boot game in the region of the system menu that is installed, so 4.3u would need ntsc-u, etc.

mrfraser89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thankyou for all your advice guys, especially mauifrog!

I have found Mario Kart NTSC it is 4.7GB. Is this a scrubbed copy, or a 1:1 do you think? As I am in Australia it is hard to find an NTSC disc, however I can easily go out and hire a PAL SSBB...

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You are really lucky that the PAL Smash Stack was released recently. Otherwise this would be really bad.

If you want to use 4.3 in the future (really no reason you would as it has no new features compared to 4.1) install IOS60 to Slot80. Shameless Plug: My guide does this (sig). (since you updated you'll probably have to reinstall homebrew anyway) Oh and since you are in a PAL region maybe region change your Wii to "E". It's always a good idea to have it the region you are in.

Btw. where did you get that korean Wii? I'm always curious where people get these...

mrfraser89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys, I will hire out SSBB today, and get some DVD-DL as well.

I will also swap the chip into my PAL wii, and enable autobooting. Does anyone know if it will retain this setting regardless of console? I'm assuming it would... but I'd like to be sure :/

EDIT - I bought the Wii off ebay as a system with faulty disc drive (and subsequently swapped my own working one in). The listing didn't actually specify it as Korean, otherwise I may have avoided it
tongue.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah the setting is stored on the chip. Btw. I don't think you need DVD-DL blanks if you have a real copy of SSBB. But I would have to read the guide again...

Edit: Whoops yes you do, since your Wii isn't E.

Btw. you don't have to set your chip to autoboot, you can just patch the iso. Should be easier than swapping drives.

mrfraser89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thankyou again for all the info, quite funny I was reading your guide before speaking to you maui, so you'd be the best person for the advice
tongue.gif

Slowking, I will definitely try that first up, as I'd love to be able to avoid having to open two Wiis up yet again...

Is it safe to test both these discs on my PAL unit to confirm they're working prior to trying to get it to load on the Korean Wii? I just loaded it up with my Gamecube controller to confirm the Safemiifrii method is working (and it is displaying 4.3U) so fingers crossed the next few steps will work.

I only have 256mb SD cards lying around and then SDHC cards. Is a 256mb card going to be sufficient, or is 1-2gb required (presumably for NAND backup?)

mrfraser89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Should be my final question for a little while now...

Which Smash Stack file should I download?

At this step -

For 4.2/4.3u error 003- download error 003-usa.zip
Download Smash Stack PAL
For USA You need to install Smash Stack to SD:/private/wii/app/0SBE/st
For JAP You need to install Smash Stack to SD:/private/wii/app/0SBJ/st
For PAL You need to install Smash Stack to SD:/private/wii/app/0SBP/st

However, the 'download error 003-usa.zip is a megaupload link and does not work/expired. The Smash Stack PAL link leads to GiantPune's website and seems to be for Korean or PAL. Do I download from GiantPune's link and then put it in the appropriate folder?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For USA You need to install Smash Stack to SD:/private/wii/app/0SBE/st

As I understand it WIT will patch the game ID of SSBB to be the same as Mario Karts. That's why you have to put the exploit in the folder corresponding to Mario Karts region.
(btw. I also think WIT already patches the autoboot in there, so you'll probably don't have to patch it again, so ignore what I said before)

Edit: The link to the zip is there twice. The second one works: http://www.mediafire.com/?w5unprk99xw1wuo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning