Hacking 003 error after updating NTSC U Wii

familyguybob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just received the dreaded 003 error after updating my Wii. I did some research and from what I can tell, this means system menu 4.2 or higher from a different region gets installed onto a Korean Wii. I bought my Wii brand new from a walmart in canada about 5 years ago so it's definatly not korean. Why am I getting this error?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it is not korean it means that you probably updated you ios 70/80 with the korean key.

The good news is you probably also patched the ios with the trucha bug. So you can simply load custom recovey disc to fix it.

The bad news is you most likely do not have dip patch on the system ios, so you likely need a modchip.

Bad news number two is your wii is new and does not support modchips, so you need to replace the dvd drive or buy a wode.

Possibly bad news number three, you wii is new and you may or may not have game cube ports. No gamecube ports, no savemii/savemiifree. No savemiifrii, no recovery menu, no recovery menu, no modchip boot disc fix.

I don't know what you did, so possibly cross your fingers and see if priiloader is installed. Just hold reset and power on the wii.

The wii is 100% fixable, it may or may not be a pain in the ass.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Thanks for simplifying the process, mauifrog. I've read a couple of guides I googled and all that wall of text has bamboozled me.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I just received the dreaded 003 error after updating my Wii. I did some research and from what I can tell, this means system menu 4.2 or higher from a different region gets installed onto a Korean Wii. I bought my Wii brand new from a walmart in canada about 5 years ago so it's definatly not korean. Why am I getting this error?
Did you ever mod your Wii in any way? Or is this some freak occurence on an unmodded console? If you modded it yourself, do you happen to have a nand backup? If so, you can send your nand backup with your wii to DeadlyFoez and he'll be able to fix your Wii for sure.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you start the wii does the slot light blink twice quickly?

edit: just checked it should flash when you power on, then possibly flash again. if it does the 2nd flash you are in luck. if not, then you have a tough fight ahead of you.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry then you don't have bootmii any longer. refer back to mauifrogs post or follow xflaks advice and get in contact with deadlyfoez

familyguybob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it is not korean it means that you probably updated you ios 70/80 with the korean key.

The good news is you probably also patched the ios with the trucha bug. So you can simply load custom recovey disc to fix it.

The bad news is you most likely do not have dip patch on the system ios, so you likely need a modchip.

Bad news number two is your wii is new and does not support modchips, so you need to replace the dvd drive or buy a wode.

Possibly bad news number three, you wii is new and you may or may not have game cube ports. No gamecube ports, no savemii/savemiifree. No savemiifrii, no recovery menu, no recovery menu, no modchip boot disc fix.

I don't know what you did, so possibly cross your fingers and see if priiloader is installed. Just hold reset and power on the wii.

The wii is 100% fixable, it may or may not be a pain in the ass.

My Wii was softmoded with cioscorp to play backups from the disk channel so does that mean I can use a gamecube controller with a recovery disk to fix my Wii or will I still need a modchip/wode?

familyguybob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, this blows but I was looking to get a wode anyways so I guess now would be a good time to do so. Thanks for the replies everyone.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why would you think the patched DIP module is gone? The problem is caused by cioscrap patching the korean key into the IOS and setting the version number high so it won' t be overwritten. Unfortunately the person who made it didn't also remove the korean key check...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Why would you think the patched DIP module is gone? The problem is caused by cioscrap patching the korean key into the IOS and setting the version number high so it won' t be overwritten. Unfortunately the person who made it didn't also remove the korean key check...
Because 'Corp uses IOS60 as the base, which works fine with 4.2+ even with the Korean key patch. He must have an old version of 'Corp that didn't include slots 70/80.

familyguybob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure I had the latest version of darkcorp. The problem is that I hadn't used my Wii in a long time and recently decided to dust it off to update my usbloader. It was giving me trouble and since my wii hacking knowledge was a little rusty from not having done it in a long time I decided it was best to start from scratch so I updated my Wii thinking it would do nothing except erase my softmod. I guess I was painfully wrong..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: