Hacking 002-0119 cant acces friendsoptions

gbajuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm on the "get started" step from 3dshacksguide and I have to deactivate this option which friends can see me playing. But I can't acces, have no online-acces. it says I have to update the system software. But the problem is the newest verisons (i though version from 11.3.0) needs a specific flash-card to hack which I don't have (and I have already bought a 64GB normal flash-card).

So my question is: will I be able to play online without buying this specific flash-card? Can I hack the new 3ds with the method for my Version (10.2.0-28E) and it will work? Work for online acces ( basically need only acces for saving items and pokemons in new pokemon games, but that's very important for me).

Because it would be really shitty to buy now such a flash-card when i already bought a normal samung Evo+ 64GB. What is btw. so special about such flash-cards? Is the microcontroller reprogrammed?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the "get started" step from 3dshacksguide and I have to deactivate this option which friends can see me playing. But I can't acces, have no online-acces. it says I have to update the system software. But the problem is the newest verisons (i though version from 11.3.0) needs a specific flash-card to hack which I don't have (and I have already bought a 64GB normal flash-card).

So my question is: will I be able to play online without buying this specific flash-card? Can I hack the new 3ds with the method for my Version (10.2.0-28E) and it will work? Work for online acces ( basically need only acces for saving items and pokemons in new pokemon games, but that's very important for me).

Because it would be really shitty to buy now such a flash-card when i already bought a normal samung Evo+ 64GB. What is btw. so special about such flash-cards? Is the microcontroller reprogrammed?
11.10 is current fw version

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Follow the "Soundhax" path of the guide.

Once B9S is installed, you will be prompted to update the 3DS to the latest official firmware (in the finalizing setup). Deactivating the friend options should be possible after the update.

You do not have to buy a flashcart if you do not want one. Having a ntrboot compatible flashcart is a nice thing as it allows installing B9S regardless of the installed firmware version – very easy and fast. Plus: In case anything goes really terribly wrong you can unbrick any software damage using ntrboot.
These flashcartridges are not the same as (micro-)SD cards – a micro-SD goes into the flashcart. Their normal purpose is playing DS (non-3DS) games. On many of the “R4-clones” the normal firmware can be replaced by ntrboothax (this can be reversed).

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

gbajuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks for the fast answers!

So I can ignore the step with deactivate this option which friends can see what I play?

And you mean the "homebrew launcher (soundhax)" step? Because in the table on the "get started" step stays I have to take the "homebrew launcher (soundhax)" step for my system version. Not the "Installing Boot9strap (soundhax)" step.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the fast answers!

So I can ignore the step with deactivate this option which friends can see what I play?

And you mean the "homebrew launcher (soundhax)" step? Because in the table on the "get started" step stays I have to take the "homebrew launcher (soundhax)" step for my system version. Not the "Installing Boot9strap (soundhax)" step.
For lower firmware versions there is a direct ARM9 kernel exploit (highest privileges). For your firmware an exploit chain is needed – started from within the Homebrew Launcher. No matter what path of the guide you follow, the goal and result are always the same. Just follow the guide for your firmware version.

gbajuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ok, I will just follow the guide normally for my version. Thank you very much!

Ah, du bist ja Deutsch ;)

Last edited by gbajuser,

gbajuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have an other question:

I'm following the 3ds hack guide and i have to download the latest release of soundhax but when i chose region, device and version, click on Download 4A it says me, it doesnt support this type of file. I tried it with Firefox and Edge and with an other computer. But it doesnt work.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have an other question:

I'm following the 3ds hack guide and i have to download the latest release of soundhax but when i chose region, device and version, click on Download 4A it says me, it doesnt support this type of file. I tried it with Firefox and Edge and with an other computer. But it doesnt work.
Did the browsers change something?! A lot of complaints about this lately… The browsers try to play the "audio file" but it is no real audio – just the exploit for the 3DS Soundapp. Why can't the browsers just offer the download option by default? Can't play? So just download the file! Grrr!

You did not mention if you have a new or old model. Here are both links. Hopefully right-click+ "save as" will work.

Old models:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nedwill/soundhax/master/soundhax-eur-o3ds-post5.0.m4a

New models:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nedwill/soundhax/master/soundhax-eur-n3ds.m4a

gbajuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ah ok, yes it worked. i could download it with rigth click and save as. I have the new one.

Thanks again :)

And no, it doesn't change anything. The Browsers gave me the same failure-message. But it works with the rigth-click (in both ways: rigth-click on the link or right click on the page and save "mediafile" as)

Last edited by gbajuser,

gbajuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
question again sry

i stuck on launching godmode9. i can't launch it by pressing start on startup.

Edit: No Problem anymore. I copy the gomode.firm into sd/luma instead of sd/luma/payloads haha

Last edited by gbajuser,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16