Hacking 001 Error DVD5 and DVD9 Release Brawl JPN Wiikey

LordKefka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've burned the DVD5 and DVD9 versions at multiple low speeds (X4 and below) On multiple media types. I've flashed back to 1.9b and back to 1.9g (tried setup disc with region free on and off and disc speed at x3 or x6) multiple times and tried regionfrii and brickblocker (also tried discs without). I allowed the update to run to 100% as I was running 3.1 E and don't mind the dual channels, on both version I get the 001 error, and I'm really running out of ideas, any ideas that people could shoot my way I would REALLY appreciate. I tried several burners as well, I've bought a new sony burner, and a Pioneer 112D (updated to most recent firmware), tried both of them on multiple DL media types, (Verbatim, Sony, and HP) and still no success. I get the 001 error at every avenue. I've gone through about 15 DL discs burning to the DVD9 with various combinations, and about 20 for the DVD five single layer.Nnow and am really wondering if there is anyone out there that can help, or if I'm basically up the creek without a paddle. Once again I would appreciate any help anyone could offer. Thanks again. -Lord Kefka

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd lean more towards your media than anything else. honestly i've heard bad things about all those brands of media you listed (verbatim, sony and HP) but i've also heard decent things depending on the country they were produced in.

i'd say keep trying other media, also reboot before burning and make sure as little is running as possible during the burn just for safety if you will. also head on over to the MD5 thread and verify your iso's have the same md5 as the majority there just to make sure you didn't get a bad or fake dump (im betting you didnt but still worth checking out)

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been using TDK since day 1 with the wii.. never had any problems in my wii or my brother's wii's..

assuming your wii still reads other backups no questions i'd have to only guess that its not your wiikey and if its 1.9g then you SHOULD be able to play no problems.

some people are reporting error 001 can happen with bad media. recommendations? TDK and verbatim (from singapore i think are the good ones? search arround for sure) are the only two i've ever used. so i dont have much for recommending
smile.gif
you'll just have to find the media that works best with your wii they seem to be picky. also don't use OLD media, very bad success rates with old media

LordKefka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Hog and Apa, I'm going to try to find some better Verbatim and some Fujifilm. If anyone has any other advice I would appreciate it! :-)

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks Hog and Apa, I'm going to try to find some better Verbatim and some Fujifilm. If anyone has any other advice I would appreciate it! :-)

Try burning those discs on a different burner. Many times there are burners, specially many older than about 1 year, that produce bad results on even top quality media. Also, make sure the Verbatims you get are not made in india, but made in singapore instead. A new burner would only cost $27-$45, so you may just want to just buy a new one and it won't set you back much even if it still doesn't work for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr