Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Well Darkfader has done it again
smile.gif

Finally he has released the second nds rom but seeing as metroid was a demo this is really 0001
Now for some info:Game Info:
System: Nintendo DS
Publisher: Nintendo
Language: English
Genre: Platform
Date: 2004-11-20

Dump Info:
Group: DarkFader
Dirname: Super.Mario.64.DS.v2-DF
Filename: Super.Mario.64.DS.(DF-v2).nds
Date: 2005-03-08

Internal Info:
Internal Name: S.MARIO64DS
Serial: NTR-ASME-USA
Version: 1.0
Checksum: n/a
Complement: n/a
CRC32: 8F076516h
Size: 128 Mbit
Save Type: EPPROMplease do NOT ask where you can download this
smile.gif

details "borrowed" from ph

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
128mbit for a full game like mario 64 ds?!

That's errr...weird. I always imagined ds roms to be bigger than that, I mean look at some of the gba roms that are 128mbit in size then look at Mario 64 DS. Quite a difference. Oh well nevertheless, it's a good thing for ds emulation if eventually commercial roms are emulatable.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Well we've already got the GBA Flashcart + Passme Combo that allows us to play DS ROMs. Has any-one tried dumping a DS ROM onto a FlashCard via a Digital Camera, and then putting it into a DS?

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
that won't work, as it doesn't even fit into the DS card slot

is there really a way to play DS games using a GBA Flashcard yet?
I thought there was just that weird device darkfader was using when playing the hacked MPH Demo

zatelli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Great!

Now it's time to bring on the Emulators and Backup Kits ;-)
Not that fast there're still lots of things to be achieved maybe in the the next 9 months if we're very lucky (passme is struggling) most emus till now are still at early stages of dev (though that the knowledge of the ARM 7 & ARM 9 processors would have eased the task but I was wrong.
BTW how can we be sure this ROM DF is releasin' ain't be an underdump?
I think correct me if I'm wrong that DS ROMS 'would be around 512 Mbits in average or 64 MB.. how come this ROM would be 128 Mbits?maybe cause it's a Mario game.
I think I'll grab this ROM in case it's a good dump.
DS is about to begin yeehaw!
rofl2.gif
wink.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is good news, nice to see DarkFader is still truckin'.

I'm not surprised at all by the size of the ROM - it's double the size of Super Mario 64.
tongue.gif

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's an underdump???
An underdump is when the size reported by the file is actually less than how big it is. Its usually half under what it is, and an overdump is usuall half over what it is. So if this rom is an underdump it could be a 256mbit ROM. But i doubt it, 128mbit is 64MB, and since the screens and such are smaller, resolutions didnt have to be as high... But it still is quite small for how big the game is o.0

Eruonen

Trophies
Website
autotox.in
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's an underdump???

An underdump is when the size reported by the file is actually less than how big it is. Its usually half under what it is, and an overdump is usuall half over what it is. So if this rom is an underdump it could be a 256mbit ROM. But i doubt it, 128mbit is 64MB, and since the screens and such are smaller, resolutions didnt have to be as high... But it still is quite small for how big the game is o.0
Oh... I see, tnx!

Pyrrho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's an underdump???

Since when is 128 Mbit 64 MB? A MegaByte is 8x smaller than Mbit. Super Mario 64 DS seems to be 16 MB, then.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Super Mario 64 on the N64 was only 64Mbit (8MB), so it's reasonable to assume that the DS version would be twice the size, with the added features and likely bits of dummy information.

It's not rocket science - just because the games CAN be big in size, doesn't necessarily mean they WILL be big in size. There's something to be said for a little code optimization now and again.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh this is cool. Since I was late in Emulation, about how long did it take to be able to play comercial roms for GBA?
I remember being able to get to the title screen of Tony Hawk 2 when that was just released, and that was right at the beginning. it did freeze when you went past it though. Don't know when a game could be played fully though, I didnt get back to emulation until VBA 1.4 was released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?