.0 to .sav

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Parsaw, Jul 30, 2008.

Jul 30, 2008

.0 to .sav by Parsaw at 6:03 PM (2,013 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Parsaw
    OP

Member Parsaw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I had a g6 lite, and i backed up my saves, and sold the g6 lite to a friend. I bought an M3DSreal, and now I want to have the g6 lite saves on my M3dsreal. the problem is the g6 lite saves are .0 format, and the m3dsreal saves are .sav format. Is there a way to convert them? [​IMG]

2. JPdensetsu

Member JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Taiwan
    rename .0 to .sav [​IMG]
    Or use Shunywebs coverter [​IMG]

3. chrisruls00

Newcomer chrisruls00 Advanced Member

United States
    If you use Sakura firmware you don't even have to change them at all. Sakura will detect .0 saves and use them instead if they are there.

4. Parsaw
    OP

United States
    Oh, I don't think I have sakura.

What's so good about Sakura? I've been hearing alot about it. haha

5. chrisruls00

Newcomer chrisruls00 Advanced Member

United States
    I has a very nice looking interface with built in Moonshell (Media Player) and much nicer touch screen features. If you have an M3 real I suggest looking at the triple loader. It has 3 firmwares in it! (Sakura and Original, it also has iTouchDS but I've never found a use for it) The only problem with Sakura is that the homebrew support is really low so I use the original firmware for that. Once you install triple boot selecting your firmware is easy.

For Original: Hold X as it boots up
    For ItouchDS : Hold Y as it boots up
    For Sakura : Do nothing till it boots up

Sakura has a system where an NDS file called defaultx or defaulty will boot if you hold the correct button. Someone exploited this and make NDS files that load the other firmwares. Because of this if you boot into the Original or ITouchDS Firmwares, Sakura will begin to load, however it will notice you are holding a button and then load the right firmware, so make sure you keep it pressed down till you see the firmware you want starting to load. Personally the only time I don't use Sakura is for Homebrew and for Band Bros. DX (Because of it 8MB save file that Sakura does not yet support)

6. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    oh shoot parsaw, you got a m3real?! I'm bout to get one too. I guess i'm the copycat now...

But we know the good flashcarts when we see 'em. Sakura is GREAT I suggest you get that triple loader!

See ya

7. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    just rename them... if you have a folder full of saves, and don't want to rename them one by one, open a command prompt, navigate to your saves directory, and type 'rename *.0 *.sav'

eg.

C:\G6\Saves\> rename *.0 *.sav

8. Parsaw
    OP

United States

Oh yeah man! M3real is really cool. I remember back in the day when you showed me the g6 lite and i got one. Oh man, those were the days.

But yeah, I think I'll look more into this Sakura stuff.

9. AXYPB

Member AXYPB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I just use a program called ReNamer to change the extensions of files en masse.