Gaming µtorrent problems!

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I am downloading something at µtorrent and the download-speed is very slow!(bout 66 kb/s) but how can I make it faster?

- firewall is open for µtorrent
- port is open
- trackers are oke

oh and it gives a ! sign at the bottom!

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Double check that uTorrent knows the port is open. Go to Options --> Speed Guide --> Click on "Test if port is forwardly properly" Your default web browser will open to uTorrent's port checker and state whether its open or closed for Bittorent connections.

Go here to learn how to open a port for uTorrent. Find your manufacturer then click on your model number. You'll get a list of apps. Click on uTorrent under "U".

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure you're forwarding the port to the correct internal ip address. You may have to assign your computer a static ip also.

Also try testing some popular well seeded torrent such as a linux distro. Slow speeds may just be due to low seeders.

mew512

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stopped using utorrent as it suddenly got slow even afetr i did all i could to speed it up try bitcomet its good and im now using the internet browser you can download with it good combo

Or try port fowarding your router

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Something to bear in mind, a lot of ISPs actually restrict torrent traffic - check to see if yours does. I know mine does.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XWolf said:
Something to bear in mind, a lot of ISPs actually restrict torrent traffic - check to see if yours does. I know mine does.
Woah that's interesting..... I have Comcast (major cable, phone & internet trio corporation). I get torrent connections so I guess they don't block it... Didn't know ISPs could do that

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have the same problem. To make things worse, my internet would randomly start to crash when I downloaded torrents. I remedied the problem by capping my Upload Rate at 30 kbs.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter what torrent client your using if the torrent you are downloading has a low seed count, or if the seeders have slow upload rates. If your downloading old obscure stuff expect a wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.