Curley5959

CCC Member!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
I was wondering if my R4 is fake or not.. Im 99% sure its a genuine product.. I bought it from Gameyeeeah and I have had no problems with it.. I have just getting a bit worried with all the rumours that the R4 will be releasing firmware that will brick the DS if you use a fake R4, So post pics of your R4 if you are afraid or concerned, Like me or just want to find out.. Here are pics of my ds..

So FAKE or REAL!! I think mine is Real.. I hope..
smile.gif

I hope the images are clear enough to determine if its fake or real..

p1000682smallvn2.jpg

p1000685smalldh2.jpg

p1000688smallzn6.jpg

p1000693smalldg6.jpg

p1000691smallsx0.jpg

p1000684smallrp7.jpg

Curley5959

CCC Member!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
anyone else???

I had thought that mine be a fake because these pics here have a curve at the top where the microsd goes.. and the sides dont have the curve like mine??

r4ds.jpg
This was on google, an article about the R4 bricking the ds, and the source is GBATemp.. coincidence?? I think so..

Fake-R4DS-flash-cartridges-1.jpg

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Curley5959 said:
anyone else???

I had thought that mine be a fake because these pics here have a curve at the top where the microsd goes.. and the sides dont have the curve like mine??

r4ds.jpg
This was on google, an article about the R4 bricking the ds, and the source is GBATemp.. coincidence?? I think so..

first image above looks like VERSION 1 R4DS which I have
smile.gif

....sticker looks right as does the casing .. Fakes ive seen are BLACK (jet black) not GREY BLACK like the mark 1 R4DS (version/build just before the V2 came out! )

the obvious signs are official R4DS loader will not work on your card if your using a fake only the loader that came on the disk will work!

.....and the lumpy SQUARE chip under the sticker real R4 cards dont have the sticker issue they are a solid unit flush /smooth front and back
smile.gif

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately I can't take a pic, but I was wondering if mine was real or not. Mine looks exactly like yours (original posters), but seems to have a chip sticking up. In the center of the cart underneath the sticker. It still fits flush into my DS however.

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, no legitimate R4 has any chips on the back of the PCB (The side under the sticker), though I can't confirm if this is true with the earliest batches. The scary part? Guess what has a chip on the back side, something that tends to be re-badged into a fake R4:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=82202

CPhantom, I suggest that you play it safe and look for a new flash cart ASAP (AceKard 2, DSTT, Edge, Supercard DSONE, CycloDS, et al).

superdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i would recommed buying something else. becuse of the "rumor" of the fake R4's bricking the DS plus you can buy i flashcart with more features for less price. just say i have a Supercard ds one V3 (sdhc)

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I intend on getting a CycloDS ASAP. Though it doesn't seem that (even if this is a fake) R4 has given any problems in the time I have used it. I've had it for a couple months now, played through many games, and listened to music and watched videos. So, everything seems to work. But just on the safe (and better) side, I'm going Cyclo.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
My R4 (also not sure about it's reality)
img0001tk3.jpg

img0002te9.jpg

img0004ow6.jpg

img0005gt9.jpg

Oh, and inside number on processor-thingy is 0733
img00012zi8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu