FrEEz902

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I wanna buy a phone, which has a decent camera (at least 3MP), and is mainly for media (i.e. music/movies). Price range is about $300-$400. I would want it with wifi, but as long as it's in the price range and still has a good camera. Anyhow, first, i thought the iPhone. Then i heard it sucked, with a phail camera, and it was too expensive for no good reason. Then my eyes were turned to the Nokia N95 8GB. It's a pretty sweet phone, with a 5MP camera, 8GB HDD, free movie (spiderman 3), and has wifi. Problem with that is, it costs $600+, which is pretty steep.

So then i thought the Nokia Xpress Music:
5610-XpressMusic_3_270x552.jpg

It's decent, good for music, has a 3.2MP camera, and to top it off, it's about $400 (correct me if i'm wrong). It's decent, and in the price range.

I'm still not completely sure, as there are some Sony Ericsson walkman phones, the ones for music, and they have wifi. The W960 looks good, but i think it's freakishly expensive, not sure...

So help me decide. I kinda have to wake up in 3 hours x.X, so i'll leave this thread and check on it tomorrow afternoon.

EDIT: OH yeah, and i can't buy it online (through ebay or whatever) so, yeah, i need a 300-400 dollar retail price

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never been a big fan of slider phones.. the phone I am looking at for upgrading my phone is the LG Shine (the flip version), but I don't know if its available in your country or not

FrEEz902

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
science said:
I've never been a big fan of slider phones.. the phone I am looking at for upgrading my phone is the LG Shine (the flip version), but I don't know if its available in your country or not

Err, well i'm looking to get it from Dubai... Also, not sure if that phone is any good *checked it out*

BTW, yeah i need to go to bed now, i'll check the rest of the replies tmr

EDIT: At ursa say wha? SPAM >:O?

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
science said:

LG Shine, the one exclusively locked to Telus I think? (no sim card slot...not sure). My girlfriend has it, but man, that thing heats up like mad. Battery life is decent, gets around 2-3 hours talk. I don't like the keypad too much either...
She likes using it as a mirror though....heh.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FrEEz902 said:
EDIT: At ursa say wha? SPAM >:O?
If you're capable of reading, then its not spam.

QUOTEblackberry curve (8320) or if that's too bulky > blackberry pearl (8120)
The Bold (9000) should be out relatively soon. I would wait for that if going the crackberry route.

DonLeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i think
your only choice is the newest Nokia N78
i wanted to buy this phone too
but nokia hasn't announced the official release
it has 3,2 MP
the sound quality is same with N91
has Wi-Fi
around 400 $

and it's better than nokia N81

maybe you can see the trailer in YouTube with "N82" Keyword

FrEEz902

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
DonLeon said:
i think
your only choice is the newest Nokia N78
i wanted to buy this phone too
but nokia hasn't announced the official release
it has 3,2 MP
the sound quality is same with N91
has Wi-Fi
around 400 $

and it's better than nokia N81

maybe you can see the trailer in YouTube with "N82" Keyword

Yeah, i'm getting the phone early to mid june...so i'm not sure if the N78 will be out yet

SchuchWun said:
Nokia N95 you won't be disappointed.

lets just say you can backup full dvd's on your phone and watchem and even broadcast it to your tv with the right cable

Yes but keep in mind, the N95 AFAIK is about $500+ (the 8GB version), and i want at least 4 GB (i.e. for music and a movie or something).

blackberry curve (8320) or if that's too bulky > blackberry pearl (8120)

I don't like blackberries. They're too....'formal'. I want something pretty :3, and w/o 50 buttons (which i will only be using what, 20 of them?)
Also, the camera is 2MP, i.e. it's crap. I want at least 3.2, so that i can take pictures whenever i want, and for them to be clear.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FrEEz902 said:
I don't like blackberries. They're too....'formal'. I want something pretty :3, and w/o 50 buttons (which i will only be using what, 20 of them?)
You are aware that most of the keys are part of a qwerty keyboard, right? I imagine most of the letters find use in your daily regime.

Although if you're just planning on buying a phone based on physical appearance, then why did you ask us to waste our time trying to help you? Just go to Google Images, type in "cell phone", and buy the first "pretty :3" phone that catches your eye.

FrEEz902

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Urza said:
FrEEz902 said:
You are aware that most of the keys are part of a qwerty keyboard, right? I imagine most of the letters find use in your daily regime.

Although if you're just planning on buying a phone based on physical appearance, then why did you ask us to waste our time trying to help you? Just go to Google Images, type in "cell phone", and buy the first "pretty :3" phone that catches your eye.

No no no. Things like the Nokia N95, or the XPress music look good. So do the walkman phones. Just because i said i want it to look good, doesn't mean that's all i care about.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you taking appearance into consideration at all? It will just interfere with you getting the optimal choice.

Concerning the N95, you could always get the MicroSD version, which will save a bit of cash.

And the N-Xpress is shit.

FrEEz902

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Urza said:
Why are you taking appearance into consideration at all? It will just interfere with you getting the optimal choice.

Concerning the N95, you could always get the MicroSD version, which will save a bit of cash.

Yes but, 1GB is useless, i'll barely be able to put anything on it. I want 4GB (as i said before) mainly for music, and a movie or something when say, i'm travelling a long distance or something...

QUOTEI'd recommended one of the HTC phones Some of the HTC smartphones
from the "simpler" standard smartphones to the "mobile computers" depending on how much you want to spend.
they also look rather nice ;P

Never heard of those o.O, i'll check them out right now. Anyhow, i want a SPECIFIC model, don't just link me to a site or something, I want a specific model, with at least 4GB memory (or maybe 2GB upgradable), 3.2 MP camera, and wifi. And the price range from $300-$400.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
FrEEz902 said:
Urza said:

Yes but, 1GB is useless, i'll barely be able to put anything on it. I want 4GB (as i said before) mainly for music, and a movie or something when say, i'm travelling a long distance or something...

SDHC?
I'm sure the N95 has HC slots.
I'm pretty sure 4-6 gig cards are available.

+1 for the N95 though, its really nice.
The menu isn't as laggy as other N-phones I've had either.

Maybe you could wait a bit and get an N96?

FrEEz902

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
hankchill said:
Nobody said it yet?

iPhone
tongue.gif
Yeah i said it. I don't WANT the iPhone. Plus it needs to be unlocked and shit, and i don't wanna buy a 'hacked' phone, cuz it might be buggy or something... Also it's a bit too expensive imo...

m_kha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Xcalibur said:
FrEEz902 said:
Urza said:

SDHC?
I'm sure the N95 has HC slots.
I'm pretty sure 4-6 gig cards are available.

+1 for the N95 though, its really nice.
The menu isn't as laggy as other N-phones I've had either.

Maybe you could wait a bit and get an N96?

The N96 is the same as N95 except the N95 has a faster CPU and a 3D graphics accelerator.
But, the N96 is better than N95 in one thing; it's the maximum memory capacity (microSD) for N95 (4GB) which is lower than N96 (8GB).

References:

www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N96

www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N95

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have said iPhone as well, but as soon as I do people start posting like I insulted their religion or something.

QUOTE said:
Yeah i said it. I don't WANT the iPhone. Plus it needs to be unlocked and shit, and i don't wanna buy a 'hacked' phone, cuz it might be buggy or something... Also it's a bit too expensive imo...
Unlocking an iPhone is ridiculousy easy. Anyone can do it in 5 minutes with easy steps. And there aren't really any "side effects" to it.

QUOTEYes but, 1GB is useless, i'll barely be able to put anything on it. I want 4GB (as i said before) mainly for music, and a movie or something when say, i'm travelling a long distance or something...

Are you completely unaware of the state of today's electronics?
20-211-196-01.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended