Hacking Best slot 2 cart for my particular situation

SleepingDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently run a Cyclo DS and 8gb microsdhc in slot 1 for homebrew and back-up roms, and I love it. All I am looking for is the best slot 2 cart to run gba back-up roms on. I will probably have only 20-30 gba roms, so a ton of storage isn't a big issue. Price isn't a big issue either, but I'd prefer not to throw money away on extra, fancy functionality that I don't need.

I have read a lot of posts and reviews, but haven't had the answer jump out at me yet, so any personal experience with a great slot 2 cart would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you don't need UBER storage space such as a EZ-IV (mini/micro)

166 Roms on my (2Gig/2,000,000Byte) Kingston (with 425 Meg's left and roms all varying in size)

You should look for a on board storage card

a (1Gbit/256 Megabyte) card would be more than enough

If you wan't a real time clock (only really used in Pokemon and a few other games)

Ez-Flash-III would be your best bet (hard to find though) About $40-$50
M3 Perfect (sd based and expensive) $70-$80

Or non rtc you haven plenty of cheap choices but not many go up to 1Gbit (site i use only has 1)

Link to GBA cart's

Elink Flash Card Set for NDS Lite (1G)
Rating: 2 out of 5
$24.50
free shipping

Extreme Flash Advance EFA-Linker for GBA/GBA SP (512M)
Rating: 3 out of 5 (7 reviews)
$21.35
free shipping

Elink GBA Flash Card Set for GBA/GBASP/ GBM/NDS/NDSL/ iDS/iDSL (512M)
Rating: 4 out of 5 (8 reviews)
$21.80
free shipping

Most on board storage card's have driver issues that you have to be prepared to face

Best sd solutions would be

I have this card and love it

EZ-Flash IV EZ-Cart with SD Card Reader for GBA/GBA SP/NDS Phat (512MB~8G Support)
Rating: 4 out of 5 (3 reviews)
$30.90
free shipping

Super Card SD Slot-2 Adapter for NDS and NDS Lite
Rating: 4 out of 5 (9 reviews)
$24.95
free shipping

Okay now if you do go with a on board storage MAKE SURE it's atleast 256M (this way any GBA rom will fit on it)

Zero2001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I came upon this site and it appears that someone knows a lot about slot 2 readers. I recently bought EZflash EZ-Cart and am having a problem with it. The problem I am having is that I don't know what kind of memory or reader for that matter to use or that will fit into the slot on the side of the EZ-flash EZ-Cart. I bought one kind of 4gb memory stick thinking it would fit. I have a MicroSDHC 4gb card for storage that I would like to be able to use the problem is I don't know what to put in in considering it's size compared to the size of the slot on the side of the EZ-flash EZ-Cart. It's really frustrating that there is nothing about compatibility or product specifactions. I would really just like to get it working without wasing money via trial and error and I have no clue what to use. If anyone knows what I am supposed to use for EZ-flash EZ-Cart I would appreciate a little help.

Thank you for any help.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check back on Sosuke i answered the question there
smile.gif

But for the hell of it ill copy and paste

The EZ4 cart is Not SDHC Compatible

The EZ4 (phat) Uses MiniSD's (phat version is a clear ice type cart)
ez4 Lite Uses MicroSD's (lite is a solid white color)
and none of them take SDHC cards sorry

But 2GB is way more that enough for GBA roms

This is the MicroSD i use (warning it will basicly eat the adapter and nearly imposiable to get out
frown.gif
but good thing is you can use micros from now on)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OLDG60
^^^^
Guaranteed to work

Oh and a tutorial for the cart
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/wiki/index.php?t...t_you.27ll_need

Brandon_H

Trophies
Website
seether12.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi.

I just joined today, and I'm a total newbie to NDS and carts, so forgive me if these questions are stupid. I've read reviews, but some of them haven't been updated in 2 years so again I appologize if these have been covered before.

First the carts mentioned in the topic don't have any compatibility issues with GBA games any more?

Second they'll all boot from the R4 in slot 1?

Third the menus on the slot 2 cards if any are usable with the direction pad and a/b/x/y buttons?

I'm looking for something in slot 2 that just does GBA games.
I will have 20, maybe 30 roms on the card, so I don't particularly care if it's SD or internal storage. I don't care how it looks physically or how sucky the GUI is as long as it's navigable without the touchscreen and it fits well in the slot on the DS Lite.

Thanks

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
First the carts mentioned in the topic don't have any compatibility issues with GBA games any more?

Super card does due to it's slower chipset and has slowdown + other causes that make a game unrunnable

But more recent carts don't (EZ4 and M3)

QUOTE said:
Second they'll all boot from the R4 in slot 1?

Don't really get what you mean there and since i don't have a ds you will have to ask someone else

Third the menus on the slot 2 cards if any are usable with the direction pad and a/b/x/y buttons?

The EZ4 has both a GBA Menu and a NDS Menu
GBA Mode uses direct + A + B + Start + Select
NDS Mode uses stylus (not 100% sure again i dont have a NDS with a passme featured slot 1 card)

And this may only be a problem with mine

when in direct sunlight you can notice a lot of flickers (wrong refresh rate) but inside it works perfectly...

But your best bet would be a EZ4 Lite Deluxe

Link To Seller

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person