Wii #0652 - Secret Files Tunguska (Europe)

mattlouf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wikipedia said:
The Tunguska Event, sometimes called the Tunguska explosion, was a massive explosion that occurred near the Podkamennaya (Lower Stony) Tunguska River in what is now Krasnoyarsk Krai of Russia, on June 30, 1908 (June 17 in the Julian calendar, in use locally at the time).

The explosion was most likely caused by the air burst of a large meteoroid or comet fragment at an altitude of 5–10 kilometres (3–6 miles) above Earth's surface. Different studies have yielded varying estimates for the object's size, with general agreement that it was a few tens of metres across.

Although the meteor or comet air burst rather than directly hitting the surface, this event is still referred to as an impact. Estimates of the energy of the blast range from 5 megatons to as high as 30 megatons of TNT, with 10–15 megatons the most likely - about 1000 times as powerful as the bomb dropped on Hiroshima, Japan and about one third the power of Tsar Bomba. The explosion knocked over an estimated 80 million trees over 2,150 square kilometres (830 square miles). The earthquake from the blast measured 5.0 on the Richter scale. An explosion of this magnitude is capable of destroying a large metropolitan area. This possibility has helped to spark discussion of asteroid deflection strategies.

The Tunguska event is believed to be the largest impact event on land in Earth's recent history; impacts of similar size in remote ocean areas would have gone unnoticed before the advent of global satellite monitoring in the 1960s and 1970s

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Talkin of point and click PC ports, anyone see the news that the game Syberia for PC and Xbox is coming to DS!?
It's a great game, I really enjoyed it and the sequal on Xbox, however I fail to see how it can possibly turn out decent on DS. I mean look at the Myst port, it was a total sham on DS and it doesn't have half of the technical feats present in Syberia.
I expect a really crap port, though I hope it turns out well enough to do justice to the original.

A

armand66

Yeah, i agree, both about Syberia and the Myst Port.

I'm a huge fan of Myst, have all the PC originals and the Myst Remake, as well as the novels released. Very well designed world/myths for those who take the time to explore them.

Syberia, both the games are fantastic, Emma and i played right through em on the xbox man, very well designed and beautiful environment design.

Don't think the DS will do it right, i'd much rather see those sorts of games come to Wii, the Wii is perfectly set up for it, and i'd love to see a Monkey Island Series remake for Wii, as well as Grim Fandango etc etc.

Daimakaimura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
in my world, this particular moment
is the reason why nostradamus was wrong with it's time predictions

the meteor that fell in siberia caused an error in the space-time continuim
anyway

downloading this game
tongue.gif
looks neat

Reepa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tunguska was also the name of an old N64 backup to ZIP Disc (!) device
tongue.gif

EDIT: Oops, Tunguska was the company that sold it here in the UK, z64 was the device name!

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe there is a Wii - DS connectivity in it as well. But I couldn't confirm that yet. I've only tried the DS version (on my R4), since my Wii isn't modden. I have the original PC version, and I'm getting the Wii version as well.

But I don't think it's out here yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1