Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
ds.gif
iTouchDS first impressions
pics & videos of the new flashcard

The newest flashcard on the scene, the iTouchDS arrived this morning and I’ve had a chance to fiddle with it and put it through a few paces to provide you with some initial impressions. The iTouchDS is made by the M3 Team and is relatively on the cheaper side of the flashcard market.

icon11.gif
Read impressions and view Pics & Vids

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

(The iTouchDS menu)

(Loading game options)

The box it comes in is tiny and houses the card as well as a microSD reader. When I unboxed the card the first thing I noticed when I held it was the poor build quality. The flimsy plastic sticks out like a sore thumb if you’ve handled other flashcards like the DSTT or EZ-Flash V. There are clips on the side much like the M3 Real and G6 Real and the card creaks when you press it. It does hold together however and it fits in the DS fine. The microSD slot is spring-loaded.

When starting up the DS it will automatically boot into the iTouchDS menu. From there you can select three options: view the contents of the card, view your favourites and view .nds games only. This is a simple and intuitive menu opening for the user. When viewing files you can save favourites by pressing X and they will appear with their icon on the favourites screen. This is a handy little feature and definitely appreciated. Moving through games and files is a clunky experience as it takes a pause to load the next screen of files as you scroll down, plus there is no scroll bar to move down quickly. If you have a lot of files in a directory, beware! Another problem with the menu is that it takes 10 seconds for the ROM options to come up after you have pressed it, from there you can select cheats, soft reset, slow motion, download play etc.

When in a game soft reset and slow motion both work fine and are very handy features. When a game runs in slow motion the music runs full speed and just the game slows down.

A full review of the iTouchDS will be coming soon.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's a unique interface. I like how it relies on visual cues instead of that dreaded text that some crazy loon came up with. You can see that I hate to read.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
pretty early firmware version right? could be blamed for the menu lagginess...

if they don't fix things like that it could be a bummer of a card.

4playgaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it no company outside of Acekard can produce a half looking decent menu. I was hoping that this card would be different.. It's definitely taken strides, but still pales in comparison.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
UI = Ugly and too childish colors ...
Card itself = No new features , just ANOTHER!!!! card from the M3 team. Oh and its shelling doesn't looks very good...

Why do they throw things like this on the market ?
I mean superior cards like the SCDS1 aren't very expensive and are much better.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, first version of firmware looks lagy, but hopefully, it won't turn out as Real, good cart, great options, slow firmware..

I like the look of firmware, and that little effect when buttons "run" from the screen..I wonder if it'll be customizable..

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

If the i touch is made by the m3 team well....
Maybe they should trying fixing there current slot 1 and slot 2 cards firmware first before releasing another cart.
I think the m3 team make great carts dont get me wrong but making this and not supporting your other carts is a bit unfair.

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse