Hacking The World Ends With you.

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
works on my acekard 2 as well.. i transferred the japanese rom's sound files and transferred it to the EUR rom and i never encountered any problems.. maybe the "modified" EUR rom that i came up with fixed it.. i think..
wink.gif

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No Name Trowa Barton said:
on my r4 it plays fine pop my card into my ak2 and it freezes after you run from the frogs and it plays music and shows the opening thing... it freezes
Exact thing happened to me im using bliss's firmware.
Btw i trimmed it with ndstokyotrim

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swip said:
Exact thing happened to me im using bliss's firmware.
Btw i trimmed it with ndstokyotrim

No problems here with 4.07.bliss.k06 on the AK2

Mind you, the one I'm using is untrimmed.

As someone coming to the AK2 from the R4 and DSTT and M3 Real and (very briefly) EZ-V, I've gotta ask... and please don't take this as trolling, it isn't...

Is there a disproprortionate number of problems loading games with the AK2, when compared with other carts? And are they more or less likely with Japanese Kingston non-HC TF cards? I haven't had any problems with anything I've tried so far (disclaimer: AK2 only arrived 2 days ago), but it seems like every time I look here there's somone else with a problem. Or am I missing the point entirely - are a significant number of problems (and their solutions) related to people twiddling with settings that actually allow them to start things that wouldn't work properly on other carts without a loader update anyway?

How sensitive are these things to TF quality/performance issues?

Again - I'm not trying to troll, I've just got this thing and for my own use it's been terriffic so far.

OldPoem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I had problem with this game when I used Sandisk 8GB. I tried Transcend 4GB SDHC Class 6 and the game didn't crash and play fine.

So I think I have to stick with Class 6 card for now till they released an improved firmware.

h4n9m4n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arsehat said:
As someone coming to the AK2 from the R4 and DSTT and M3 Real and (very briefly) EZ-V, I've gotta ask... and please don't take this as trolling, it isn't...

Is there a disproprortionate number of problems loading games with the AK2, when compared with other carts? And are they more or less likely with Japanese Kingston non-HC TF cards? I haven't had any problems with anything I've tried so far (disclaimer: AK2 only arrived 2 days ago), but it seems like every time I look here there's somone else with a problem. Or am I missing the point entirely - are a significant number of problems (and their solutions) related to people twiddling with settings that actually allow them to start things that wouldn't work properly on other carts without a loader update anyway?

How sensitive are these things to TF quality/performance issues?

Again - I'm not trying to troll, I've just got this thing and for my own use it's been terriffic so far.

It just seems like there are a lot of problems because people usually only post when they have problems. People are less inclined to post when everything is going fine.

shinset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn just got my AK2 today and its freeze just after the frog too
using:

kernel = 4.07a10
TF/microSD = transcend 2Gb
patch = disable

I'm a little frustrated with AK2 because I love the menu but the compatibility/reliability doesn't look so great for now.

There is many little issues freezing, slow down, etc... depending patching, trimming, TF/microSD etc....

I have less problem with my other linker with the same TF/microSD and games

GouK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is confusing the crap out of me it seems certain settings for one person those exact settings dont work for the next guy and vice versa =/

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible that the AK2 is sometimes creating .sav filenames that it can't read back in? I know that the DSTT had a similar problem where it would occasionally write out .sav files with uppercase extensions (i.e. ".SAV" instead of ".sav") and then it wouldn't read them back in until you renamed them. They fixed it in a firmware update by allowing it to read both lowercase and uppercase extensions.

I think that FAT16 gets confused about upper and lowercase, because I can look at a filename with Windows and it looks like it's in all lowercase, then look at it in DSOrganize and it might be uppercase. Sometimes changing the case of the file on either Windows or DSOrganize doesn't actually change it (when you go back and look, it's still the same).

Maybe the AK2 is having similar problems and they need to make the firmware recognize the .sav files without regard to case.

Someone should post freshly-created .sav files for the games people are having trouble with and see if replacing the .sav files will help.

-Bri

GouK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did some testing here are my results.

Test #1

Card: Kingston 1GB
Format: FAT32
Firmware: 4.07a9

Freezes at black hat crossover.

Same exact card full format from FAT32 to FAT16 and it flawlessly moved past that scene.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test #2

Card: A-Data 1GB

Same exact card full format from FAT32 to FAT16 and it STILL FROZE at the black hat crossover.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test #3

Card: SanDisk 2gb

Same exact card full format from FAT32 to FAT16 and it STILL FROZE at the black hat crossover.

I guess it depends on the type of card you are using and the format it is in.

GouK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kikoexe said:
works on my acekard 2 as well.. i transferred the japanese rom's sound files and transferred it to the EUR rom and i never encountered any problems.. maybe the "modified" EUR rom that i came up with fixed it.. i think..
wink.gif

Did you just transfer the "Sound" folder? or did you transfer "sound" and all the *.adx files?

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wheh... everyone is having trouble playing the game????
heres what im using

MicroSD: A-Data Class 6 4gb FAT32 format
Bliss Custom OS menu 4.0.7.k06: Found here

im just got past Day 4 with no troubles....

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MicroSD: Kingston 2gb japan
Firmware:Bliss Custom Menu 4.0.7.k06
Result: Freezes at part where he runs and passes people ( Picture Below).

MicroSD:Kingston 2gb japan
Firmware:Official 4.07a10
Result:Moved past the same scene with no problems

wen.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse