Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
mkr6.gif
New Neoflash R6 Gold & Silver Flashcarts Released
Updated R6 Gold & Silver NDS Flashcarts

The Neoflash team have released a new R6 Gold & Silver flashcart for the DS.
As well as the MK5-DX, these updated flashcarts come with a new package.
Included in the package is a NDS/NDSL 2-in-1 Rumble Pack.

What's new with these updated flashcarts:
  • Menu Supports Multi-Language
  • Game Compatability Higher
  • TF Loading Speed Increased
icon11.gif
 More Pictures Inside
icon11.gif
 Neoflash Website

*Update*
Neoflash has released a new update for the R6 Gold & Silver.
Apparently, this new update updates the old batch of R6 to have the same firmware as the new batch (see above).
The update also fixes a few bugs. See Changelog below.
QUOTE said:
* Support old batch R6
* Fix some bugs
download.gif
Download New Update from Neoflash Website

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's interesting is the GBA Sized Slot-2

EDIT: After looking closely, I kinda don't like the design looks childish and gives me a feeling of Cheap and unreliable.

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
they've been selling these at DX for a few days now, i wonder if they are any good.

I don't really like the graphic they use for the packaging it looks kinda cheapy

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
so these are actually out now? they've been updating the firmware for ages but the carts never seemed to be released..but that might just be because no one pays any attention to neoflash anymore so i never noticed. hmm.

WigWrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the r6 carts have been available for quite some time.
Atleast at ic2005.com I know you could purchase the older versions months ago.

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
WigWrm said:
I'm pretty sure the r6 carts have been available for quite some time.
Atleast at ic2005.com I know you could purchase the older versions months ago.

Yes, the R6 Gold & Silver have been available for a while.

However, these are updated versions of the R6 Gold & Silver.
The new R6 Gold & Silver flashcarts have been available for pre-order purchasing since March 1st, 2008 but are just now being released & shipped, I believe.

BTW, a dude from the Neoflash team is sending me one of these to review.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JPH said:
BTW, a dude from the Neoflash team is sending me one of these to review.
Ah neat, I'm quite curious how these cards perform, they seem to have hardware saves and there's no info if they properly support download play and online.
I know neoflash cards are usually more homebrew oriented but some basic commercial games features wouldn't hurt.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
The working is a bit misleading, 2-in-1 suggests a card with genuine dual purpose, but as you can tell be the pictures, it's really 1-in-2, it is a lite rumble pak with an add-on to fit it in a phat DS.

But to please those who use their flash cards for playing backups, Neoflash really need to work some more on the compatibility.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the R6 Gold the one with the motion sensor built into the cart? That seems to be the only interesting thing about them.

-Bri

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz said:
I wonder how many people in the world will buy this.
Dunno but I might win one, wonder if I should choose this or something else from the neo line... it's kinda hard to choose tho since all the products don't seem to be too good.
QUOTE(Theherolink_1 @ Apr 8 2008, 10:01 PM) Wow that sure looks cool!:) has anyone tried it yet?I want some opinions...>_>
I haven't tried but I read that it's not that good
frown.gif
, yes it's got built-in motion but that definitely won't overshine the lack of auto-dldi, horrid backup compatibility, etc. Not even speaking about download play.
The idea of packing motion into the card really seems kinda cool to me since then a program can use motion and ram or motion and rumble or everything with a 3in1. But since it's all hampered by the sucky firmware and ancient hardware it doesn't seem to be worth buying over a more completed slot-1 solution and a DSMotion Pak.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Currently it's only good for homebrew, Dr Neo says he's working on the menu, but there doesn't seem to be much progress on getting more games working. Although some commercial games do work, if you want to load commercial games, the R6 currently is not the card for you.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I've already got a cyclo but I guess even though it doesn't offer anything more except for the motion eh? Maybe I'll get an MK5 for the space, at least that way I don't have to buy another microsd
biggrin.gif
. MK5 with builtin motion wouldn't be that bad.

sturmen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
MagNetCZ said:
ojsinnerz said:
I wonder how many people in the world will buy this.
Dunno but I might win one, wonder if I should choose this or something else from the neo line... it's kinda hard to choose tho since all the products don't seem to be too good.
QUOTE(Theherolink_1 @ Apr 8 2008, 10:01 PM) Wow that sure looks cool!:) has anyone tried it yet?I want some opinions...>_>
I haven't tried but I read that it's not that good
frown.gif
, yes it's got built-in motion but that definitely won't overshine the lack of auto-dldi, horrid backup compatibility, etc. Not even speaking about download play.
I have one of these, got it way back in January… well it arrived February, but I ordered it in January. I'm very happy with it, it takes my 4GB microSDHC without a problem. Runs any homebrew I want… not so much with the commercial games, but since I have the original carts I dumped the ROMs from, it isn't that depressing. I haven't tried Download Play, and I believe it does auto-DLDI now, I should check. I patch things manually anyway, it's as easy as double clicking them. I hear windows users have to do a whole thing with a command line or something, but I digress. Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with the product. It just hit DealExtreme like a week or two ago, but they've been for sale at ic2005 for a while. I was kinda sad, because at DX it costs $52 and I paid $70, but that's what I get for wanting it early. In my opinion, it's a great product. Not so much if you're a pirate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.