T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Somethin has recently come to my attention about our beloved gbatemp. I'm an admin and one of the oldest active members on the forums and I feel kind of cheated by other staff here. Theres big things happening behind the scenes that imo benefit no one at all, they are just ripping out the soul of our community which we have spent years building up to what it is today.
6 years I have spent here and it's all been for nothing, I now officially quit the forum. I won't offer up a long explaination of why as you will all find out for yourselves in time.

So long everyone.

24 October 02 - 29 March 08
-Thug4L1f3

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I know what you mean pal, but...think about it, please!
frown.gif

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Think about the children
frown.gif

Hugs4L1f3 Yo

I don't know what kind of changes could possibly make you want to leave, but if that is whats happening, then you have your justified reasons. Keep in touch yo!

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm right there with ya' thug, I've been feeling uneasy about this whole situation, man. I don't know, I might just follow your lead. I have my own misgivings about the current goings on...

S

scubersteve

Thug leaving is pretty huge and unfortunate...
But he left us with something to think about...

Thug4L1f3 said:
Theres big things happening behind the scenes that imo benefit no one at all, they are just ripping out the soul of our community which we have spent years building up to what it is today.
6 years I have spent here and it's all been for nothing

WTF does this mean?
The forums/community is changing?
Is something huge that we don't know about going to happen?
I sense an oncoming of bad events headed our way...

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
As I've said before, I'll be very sad to see you go thug. You've been a huge asset to GBAtemp over the years. You have done an amazing job, but if your mind is made up then I guess we should respect your wishes.

I would however appreciate if you didn't take this discussion into the public. Behind the scenes work on GBAtemp is just that, behind the scenes. Probably the only time I'll close a blog post. Sorry

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
The changes that are upon us are good things that will benefit the site, not suck the soul out of it.
Money only corrupts if you let it, and I for one won't let it.
I fail to see what the big deal is... there's such a thing as natural progression. This is not a sinking ship situation, quite the opposite. Though we've been improving the site, you gotta admit, we've been stuck in the sargasso sea of "what's it getting us" for a long time now. I've been mentioning it and being ignored basically for a long time now, because of the whole "soul" thing. Even though with every year, we have to get bigger better faster servers and everybody, even me thankyouverymuch, goes into the money-hole deeper and deeper. You think the average joe knows how much this stuff costs us? Well, they don't, and if they did, and I can assure you they will, they would have no problem understanding why we're doing this. People aren't stupid.

I hate to lose you, and I think this is really about position more than anything. If I'm right, maybe you'll come back when the sting wears off. I certainly hope so. I consider you a very valuable member of the site, very knowledgeable of the videogames and such, and really it won't be that much of a change.

I'm posting this here instead of pm'ing you for obvious reasons. I hope you stay around long enough to read it.

mthr

benchma®k

Trophies
XP
Country
mthrnite said:
You think the average joe knows how much this stuff costs us? Well, they don't, and if they did, and I can assure you they will, they would have no problem understanding why we're doing this.

wacko.gif
Is gbatemps getting membership fees?? Or was it all an april fool, not just that thug was leavin?

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
benchma®k said:
mthrnite said:
You think the average joe knows how much this stuff costs us? Well, they don't, and if they did, and I can assure you they will, they would have no problem understanding why we're doing this.

wacko.gif
Is gbatemps getting membership fees?? Or was it all an april fool, not just that thug was leavin?

/facepalm

Please, do your research...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol