[2] Frequently Asked Questions

[3] Navigating the OS

[4] Skins
- Creating skins

1. Software Downloads

DSTT v1.09 Firmware 2008-3-20
* fixed the thanks error for 2107 rom

2. Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Is the DSTT from the same team as the R4, and was it created due to the recent run-in between the R4 Team and Chinese authorities?
A. As far as we know, there is NO connection between the two teams. If you heard this from a flashcart dealer, they are LYING.

Q. How is ROM compatibility?
A. Have yet to come across a game that doesn't work.

Q. Download and WiFi play?
A. See above.

Q. How about Contra 4? I heard there were issues with that.
A. From my testing, Contra 4 runs perfectly on the 1.07 firmware. If you're still having issues, make sure the entire filename of the save file is lowercase.

Q. Can I sort the menu alphabetically?
A. With the help of an additional application, yes. Grab DriveSort here. Go to Disk -> Open, select your flashcart's drive letter, select Folder -> Sort, and finally Folder -> Save. Make sure to backup your files first, as corruption is possible.

Q. Why aren't the saves from my R4 working? Don't they have the same extension as the DSTT saves?
A. Capitalization is the key. Change the capitalized ".SAV" extension of the file to the lowercase ".sav".

Q. There are some big cheat databases floating around for the R4, can these be used with the DSTT?
A. Yes, you just need to decrypt the file. Grab the R4 Cheat Code editor here, and open the cheat.dat file you want to use. Uncheck "Encrypt as CHEAT.DAT", and save the file as "USRCHEAT.DAT". Copy this into the "TTMenu" directory on your cart.

Q. Can I use my EZ-Flash 3 in 1 expansion cart with the DSTT?
A. All the functions of the 3in1 can be used with the DSTT. Just grab Rudolph's Tool here. To enable soft reset (and gain Rumble + RAM expansion mode), make a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" on the root of your cart, and rename it to "SoftReset.TTIO".

Q. How do I play videos and music? Where's Moonshell??
A. Somewhat suprising to see a cart nowadays that doesn't have Moonshell built into the GUI. Nonetheless, its easy to install. Just grab Moonshell 1.71 here and run the Setup.exe within. Select English as the language and your flashcart's drive. There will be a long list of flashcarts on the right side of the application. Since the DSTT supports auto-DLDI patching, click "Clear all", and check only the "AUTOPATCH Default (No Interface)" option. Once you've gone through all your options, click the Setup button at the bottom right.

3. Navigating the OS

Upon booting your DS, the DSTT will scan your cart (including subdirectories) and display all .NDS files in a list.

dsttgamemenu.png

Below the game name will be various icons.
icosoftreset.jpg
will display if you have soft reset enabled for that game.
icodownplay.jpg
will display if the game supports Download Play.
icohavecheat.jpg
displays if there are cheats available, but they aren't enabled.
icocheat.jpg
if you do have cheats enabled. And finally,
icodmaread.jpg
will display if the game supports DMA read mode. Pressing
nextbtn.jpg
(or the Select button) will bring you to the Option menu for that game, where you can toggle cheats, softreset, and DMA mode. Clicking on SysOption will bring you to the system menu, where you can toggle default reset for games, boot a slot-2 cart in Passme or GBA mode, power off the DS, and change the brightness.

Thanks to Opium for the video.

4. Skins

Currently, the DSTT only supports 1 skin at a time. This is located in the "TTMENU\skin\default" directory. You can install a new skin simply by overwritting the old "default" folder. Skins can be download from the Skins -> DSTT category of the Downloads center. You can preview skins on your PC with the TTmenu Skin Customizer

dsttchart1.png

dsttchart2.png

dsttchart3.png

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Have you tried playing Contra 4 with an without a save file created beforehand?

tryed on two different carts one from dealextreme & the other from minionlinestore both play contra fine

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
So that's what those damned icons mean! Fantastic guide!
smile.gif
We got completely lost in the in-cart menu but this sorted it right out. And much love for the skinning guide.

Only thing I'd add is a mention of the language folders in the install instructions (the 3 folders in the DSTTMenu.zip, maybe it's obvious, it depends what audience you're aiming for), and FATSort as an alternative to Drivesort for less technically minded users (it's lightweight, no-fuss and really obvious how to use it)
smile.gif

Omgwtfisthat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One game that doesn't work, well, the original works fine, but not the english patched version (deufeufeu).

Jump! Ultimate Stars

All other english-patched games that I have tried work though

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how does soft reset work for ex flash 3n1? i can't get it to work. also, i have yet to fill any rumbling. also a lot of gba games don't work and i've already patched them.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can't soft-reset from GBA mode, as far as I know it's impossible due to hardware restrictions. And you have to patch games to rumble with the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 (I think)

oh. i was thrown off by this
"To enable soft reset (and gain Rumble + RAM expansion mode), make a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" on the root of your cart, and rename it to "SoftReset.TTIO"."

JimmyHACK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contra 4 would make save then lock up saying no sav and to restart... once i looked at files on the mem unit the contra 4.sav was all CAPS.. so i renamed even making .SAV into .sav lowercase.. then proceeded to load rom again and now works fine..

so that being the only game i have had an issue with so far and for those experiencing it it seems like it incorrectly names the save file

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I have a question about SLOT-1 devices that do Auto DLDI Patching, There should be a DLDI file there in the cart that cart uses it on the fly to auto DLDI the homebrew, where is it? is it inside the OS of the kart? How should we update it? if we can.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question about SLOT-1 devices that do Auto DLDI Patching, There should be a DLDI file there in the cart that cart uses it on the fly to auto DLDI the homebrew, where is it? is it inside the OS of the kart? How should we update it? if we can.
Why do you ask, have you come across something that doesn't work?) It must be built-in to one of the system files, there's nothing in the menu folder that looks the right size for a DLDI patch. I'm pretty sure the current patch already supports unaligned read (so at a guess supports write as well but I can't test that from here), why else would it need updating?

FrozenFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having trouble with the ram expansion on the EZFlash 3-in-1. I am using the DSTT and have made a copy of the ttmenu.dat file and renamed it to the ttio but everytime I go into the settings with the rudolph tool and select the ram expansion the screen just turns white and does nothing.
I tried opening the opera browser and it just says please insert ram module etc.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? How can i get the opera browser loaded on the dstt to work with the 3-in-1?

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with the ram expansion on the EZFlash 3-in-1. I am using the DSTT and have made a copy of the ttmenu.dat file and renamed it to the ttio but everytime I go into the settings with the rudolph tool and select the ram expansion the screen just turns white and does nothing.
I tried opening the opera browser and it just says please insert ram module etc.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? How can i get the opera browser loaded on the dstt to work with the 3-in-1?
Make sure its exactly as I typed, including capitalization.

Evoluder Kamina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i just got mine, and i put the Micro SD, which i had already loaded with ROMS, and when i turn the DS on, it gives me the micro SD face with the word Menu? under it. do i need something else on the cart before it will work?

Edit: Nevermind, sorry, friend just told me i had to go and put the menus on the SD Card first

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There seem to be a plethora of threads about problems with the DSTT/TTDS. It seems that there are two recurring themes: Some of the carts have problems with the contacts, and the flash card readers that come with the carts often don't work.

Should there be a sticky FAQ on diagnosing these common problems and possible solutions? At least one user successfully "fixed" a DSTT that had bad contacts by bending it slightly (although I would reserve that solution as a last resort). Others have had success with the less drastic approach of placing a piece of cardboard or paper inside the port before inserting the cart, helping it to make contact with the NDS.

As for the crappy flash card reader, I knew about the reader beforehand, so when I ordered my flash card, I got the Kingston that contained both the Japanese flash card and a reader (it was about the same price as the flash card with an SD adapter -- currently $20 for 2GB microSD with free shipping to U.S. here). The Kingston reader works great (but I haven't actually been brave enough to try the reader that came with the DSTT).

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +1