Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GBAtemp's Official M3DS Real Review
Official GBAtemp Review

The M3 Team are one of the most renowned flashcart teams. Their products are often innovative, reliable and supported well, so many people were surprised when it turned out that their first slot-1 flashcart was exactly the same as the R4. Their most recent cart (at the time of writing) is the M3DS Real, which is similar to the G6DS Real, but instead of having built-in memory, it uses MicroSD(HC) cards for storage.

The G6DS Real, while not being the most popular of the slot-1 carts, has developed a substantial user base, will the M3DS Real be able to continue in its footsteps?

icon11.gif
M3DS Real Review

icon11.gif
Official M3 Website

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I read this review and indeed after playing with my very own copy of this card too for some days now I ask again: What does this card not do what the CycloDS does?? - This should not be a flaming post nor a "fanboy" like comment. Is a seriously meant question.

IMO both cards (if you just look at the features) are very equal and both are near 100% the same just considering the card itself (so no GBA in consideration here).
This said and considering the M3 is cheaper and has an additional Slot-2 device bundled (I did not get the GBA one 'just' the medium Rumble and RAM), the winner was clear!!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice review , seems like a nice card. Although I gotta say , I find it odd , that not once is it mentioned that the expansion cards are only available for the lite with no option for gba sized ones , especially when the thing is advertised as working on any DS. Would of thought at the very least it would be under cons section , as other cards have had it under the cons section , when the card is only gba sized , yet when it's only lite sized , it would seem to be fine
sleep.gif

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Very nice, but did they really have to make two separate Slot-2s?
probably, since their Slot-2 carts seem to be either OEM or clones of eWin's, and eWin released two separate ones as well.

but yeah DS Lite sized Slot-2 only = MASSIVE FUCKING CON in my book (in both senses of the word, especially if it says on the box "compatible with NDS & NDS Lite", grr).

i do find it interesting that the only game not to support download play is Snowboard Kids, though, when that was one of the (very) few games with working download play on my old Supercard CF.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they should've either made the add on carts full size or made it so you could unclip the top and clip an extension on.. OR maybe even include plastic for whatever size you want, it only takes one screw.

haven't read the review yet but will read shortly. I was going to do a review about a month ago but dealextreme doesn't sell the kit with both add ons so I figured the review would be incomplete. And knowing flash card teams, nobody's going to send me one to review so I have to buy it on my own *shrugs*.

zalman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you going to start testing multi card play as well? I.E. one DS with a real cart and one with said flashcart, or several flashcarts all with the same game?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm. They also work in the NDS folder but the file size is shown as 0kb. (tried this with nesds and snemulds only though). They also show icons now!

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice review. Just purchased one online from kickgaming. I currently have a Supercard mini SD in my GBMicro and a R4DS in my DS and was looking to replace the R4 to get SDHC support. Replacing the R4 and not having to carry a GBA as well is a bonus... cant see R4 updating the firmware for higher capacity cards anyway. For me it was a toss up between this and the Supercard One with the SDHC support. I picked the M3 because it solves my GBA problem and to be honest I lost faith in Supercard along time ago. Gonna miss the R4 card though its been really good and reliable....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat