Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A total arse load of gameage this week! Some big names and some good looking titles.

15th October

Flash Focus: Vision Training In Minutes A Day

Region: US Genre: Eye train-me-do
Developer: Namco Bandai Games Publisher: Nintendo

Nintendo's newest training program, will it be as big as their brain ones? Probably not but it might print some monies for them. Basically its a mini game collection aimed at hardcore 360 gamers who masturbate too much over Master Chief, and playing games in a dank dark room 24 hours a day to get their sight back to normal. Covering fast moving objects, field of vision, and eye-hand coordination. In addition to mini-game style drills, the game includes more practical tests themed in sports like baseball and boxing, and the expected age check, this time testing the age of your eyes. Is this a game that should have never made it outside of Japan or will it be a pleasant surprise? I'm gonna say yes, looks fun.

Video Link

ME0000862839_2.jpg
ME0000862837_2.jpg
ME0000862836_2.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist: Trading Card Game

Region: North America Genre: Card Battler-me-do
Developer: Destineer Publisher: Destineer

Will we actually get this this week? Anyway this has been getting some very positive previews lately so this could be a pretty good card battler. The game isn't much more than a virtual library of cards used to play the pre-existing game but I'm sure it'll be cheaper than buying all of the cards. The overall goal is to collect and trade cards, creating an unbeatable deck to use against other battlers worldwide; something that's entirely possible due to Wi-Fi connection.

fullmetal-alchemist-trading-card-game-screens-20070614030506217.jpg
fullmetal-alchemist-trading-card-game-screens-20070614030505795.jpg

Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure

Region: North America Genre: Action-me-do
Developer: Atomic Planet Publisher: DSI

Yet another DSI title comes to our DS! Will this suck total balls too? Well its based on a National Geographic program and features sea monsters. I like Sea Monsters.
smile.gif
but its a DSI game.
frown.gif
You play six prehistoric sea beasties and basically hunt stuff and try to escape from the waters. Videos of the PS2/Wii versions make it look like Star Fox with sea beasties! I hope it doesn't suck ass.

2003182374256266428_rs.jpg

The Bee Game NDS & GBA

Region: North America Genre: -me-do
Developer: Atomic Planet (or is it Shin'en? Mmm) Publisher: Midway

Nothing to do with Bee Movie, though there is a game of that coming soon. Basically this is probably to cash in on that, looks familiar doesn't it? It looks an awful lot like Maya the Bee 1 & 2 by Shin'en, so perhaps Midway either brought the engine and game or just the game itself. Anyway they were pretty decent platformers, so I guess its ok to see a DS version.

tbg_01.jpg
tbg_03.jpg
tbg_02.jpg

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

Region: North America Genre: Skate-me-do
Developer: Vicarious Visions Publisher: Activision
Multi-player Hell yeah! Local play multi-cart & WFC.

A return to proper skate boarding this year for the DS, gone is the cell shading stylings of the last one and in is the look of the game on PSX/N64. Whats new then? Its said to be more of a challenge than Skateland (I refuse to put an 8 in there), more focus on multiplayer modes and its suppose to be more open ended. Multiplayer wise theres Combo Mambo, the Price is Wrong, and Balloon Burst among others. Also there is a full-featured online play that promises a far more intuitive way of finding player match-ups through the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

tony-hawks-proving-ground-20071003060656499.jpg
tony-hawks-proving-ground-20071003060655374.jpg
tony-hawks-proving-ground-20071003060654327.jpg

16th October

Disney Princess: Magical Jewels

Region: US Genre: Stereotype-me-do
Developer: 1st Playable Productions Publisher: Disney

You want this don't you? Admit it! Yet another game aimed at girlies in a stereotypical way by a company founded in racism, but then some girlies like this sort of fluff so good on them I guess.

ME0000849136_2.jpg
ME0000849137_2.jpg
ME0000849134_2.jpg

Fish Tycoon

Region: US Genre: Fish Breed-me-do
Developer: Majesco Publisher: Majesco

Players have to raise fish in virtual aquariums and cross-breed them to sell, which funds purchase of supplies, medicine, special chemicals, research and advertising. As well as version-specific controls, the DS release also promises over 750 fish - nearly twice as many as on the PC - along with 3D environments, new tank decorations, and four speed options.

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg

Hannah Montana: Music Jam

Region: US Genre: Music-me-do
Developer: Gorilla Games Publisher: Disney

People who have played this say its good, they say its really good! Will you see past the license to give it a go?

Video Link

hannah-montana-music-jam-20070712103919872.jpg
hannah-montana-music-jam-20070712103919309.jpg
hannah-montana-music-jam-20070712103921059.jpg

Power Rangers: Super Legends

Region: US Genre: Action-me-do
Developer: Handheld Games Publisher: Disney

Power Rangers are stupid. Its developed by Handheld Games. Wow with a name like that I can't image what great ideas they could put in the game! Hey who knows the game could be good.

939625_20070723_screen004.jpg
939625_20070723_screen005.jpg
939625_20070723_screen006.jpg

Word Jong

Region: US Genre: Mahjong-me-do
Developer: Destineer Publisher: Destineer

Its majong...with words! Another PC to DS puzzle port. Could be fun.

wordjong091107.jpg
jongtempler005.jpg
jongtempler009.jpg

18th October

Banushi Life Game: Winners Circle

Region: Japan Genre: Horse race-me-do
Developer: Genki Publisher: Genki

ME0000881090_2.jpg
ME0000881089_2.jpg
ME0000881091_2.jpg

Saeki Chizu Shiki Yumemihada: Dream Skincare

Region: Japan Genre: Erm skin care-me-do?
Developer: Konami Publisher: Konami

ME0000839463_2.jpg

Erm train your skin? WTF??

ME0000839459_2.jpg
ME0000839460_2.jpg
ME0000839457_2.jpg

Sansuu Puzzle de Migaku: Gakken Otona no Shikou Sense

Region: Japan Genre: Puzzle-me-do?
Developer: Gaken Publisher: Gaken

ME0000881159_2.jpg
ME0000881160_2.jpg
ME0000881162_2.jpg

DS Bungaku Zenshuu

19th October

LifeSigns: Hospital Affairs

Region: Europe Genre: Hospital-me-do
Developer: Spike Publisher: JoWood Productions

An English release of the Tendo Doctor, Kenshuui Tendou Dokuta series which debuted way back in 2004. As a Doctor you will be continuously confronted with medical emergencies and personnel issues that require your immediate attention. Communicate and interact with patients, nurses and other doctors in this dramatic medical simulation game where you are the Doctor on call! Lets see if this makes the release date
wink.gif
The US version is called Surgical Unit...for some reason. I hope this doesn't get delayed 'cos I'm sick of writing about it.

Video Link

ME0000843034_2.jpg
ME0000836038_2.jpg
ME0000611228_2.jpg

Myst

Region: Europe Genre: Adventure-me-do
Developer: Cyan Worlds Publisher: Midway

The legendary money printing game comes to the DS. New to the DS are: A complete all new age, the Rime Age, to explore, new sounds, effects, and video clips.

Video Link

1187627658.jpg
1187627509.jpg
1187627598.jpg

Also out in Europe is The Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass, I don't usually mention games that have already been released in English but seeing that this is such a big game I'd thought to mention this as our foreign speaking/reading friends are looking forward to understanding the story better.

The Unappreciated

And now another title that not many may have played but BLOODY SHOULD! Another game that, though it may not be perfect or up there with Tetris DS, Brain Training and Zelda it should really have had better sales.

Anno 1701 - Dawn of Discovery

Genre: Real time strategy/Management sim Region: Europe/Australia
Developer: Sunflowers Interactive Publisher: Disney Interactive Released: June 2007

Have a DS? Like RTS/Management games? Get this its the best for the DS! Conquer islands, fight pirates and erm manage taxes. Building a civilisation is both challenging, enjoyable and rewarding. Exploration is exciting as it leads to your improving upon your empire and often gets you into some nice battles. Ok story mode is a little repetitive and the view sometimes gets in the way of managing your town but despite this it is still a very worthy RTS/management sim that will sap a lot of your time, especially in continuous mode.

ME0000840271_2.jpg
ME0000840239_2.jpg
ME0000826809_2.jpg

Coming Soon

Time for another title that'll be released within the next 6 months or so.

Tornado

Genre: Action/PuzzleRegion: Japan
Developer: Sucess Publisher: Sucess Released: 22nd November 2007

You are this cat (cats are awesome) that can, by spinning around and around, turn himself into a tornado that can swallow up cities (which sounds very awesome)! That's a good thing, because your Prince has been captured, and now you as Toki must tear the land up to try to get him back. Also the buildings of the world are being stolen and taken to some kind of Phantom Planet and by turning into a tornado you bring them back down to Earth. Of course turning into a windy thing is done by doing circles on the touchscreen. People are saying that its a bit like Katamari, which will do for me!

tatumaki091208.jpg
tatumaki091212.jpg
tatumaki091215.jpg

As usual games may get pushed back or brought forward. Some dates are shipping dates and may not appear in the shops until 1-2 days later. Just because a game is out, doesn't always mean it'll be on the net HAVE PATIENCE! This will be updated if I get info on games being delayed or if theres any new releases scheduled.

I'm in a lovey mood as I've had a fair bit of malibu so special shout outs to all of the Moderators for all of their great work sifting through the n00bs who don't read rules, and also the regular GBAtempers: lagman, Shelleeson, SpikeyNDS, ZAFDeltaForce, pasc, xcalibur798, OSW, irpacynot, Rayder, The Last Spartan, - Wrath of God -, JPH11200, shakirmoledina, CatScam. Also to [M]artin & Linkiboy as they makes me laugh for some reason. I've probably missed someone, so erm replace a name and add yours!
biggrin.gif

Also happy birthday to veho and anyone else who has birthday-me-dos!

P

pasc

Yes, a good list like always hadrian ! Finally Proving Ground will come out ! It's time to skate-me-do ^^.

Myst and Flash Focus may also be worth a look.

BTW: About this: PSX/N64 Level Graphics in the newest Tony, are you sure the PSX could pull Graphics like this ?

EDIT: WTF ? It seems the Developers LOVED the PSX ! Just look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q0A8R7GGhs. This looks awesome. This should be possible on the DS too, Graphicwise, or ? Man they really had much more fun working at their stuff back in the N64/PSX days.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like the look of the Anno 1701 - Dawn of Discovery game. The tony hawks games have been pretty poor on the DS. The console game ports never seem to look good on the DS
frown.gif

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this officially makes Myst available on any form of handheld device. Seriously, who hasn't played Myst yet; if you were the least bit interested in it by now, then you would have played it already.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Nice!

Flash Focus: Vision Training In Minutes A Day - I played the Japanese version a lot and it was really funny, I actually like it a lot more than More Brain Training.
Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure - Looks certainly interesting, hope DSI doesn't screw it...as they usually do.
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground - I don't know, I really liked the cel-shaded style, well as long as the game it's good, I'll be happy
tongue.gif

Hannah Montana: Music Jam - well I tried *cough*HighSchoolMusical*cough*, so why not?
Saeki Chizu Shiki Yumemihada: Dream Skincare -
laugh.gif
crazy Konami...and yet...I got to say that Kakuchan Shiki Kintore Navi has been really helpful for me. >_<
Lifesigns - Damn game, delayed every week just like Pinball Constructor
Tornado - It looks REALLY katamariesque, can't wait to try it
tongue.gif

Great job as usual hadrian
happy.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
excellent work as usual and infact strangely so that is what I was thinking as to "will Hadrian post the games for the week today?" and "why hasn't another Tony Hawks come out?" lol and both were answered.
Fish Tycoon looks very interesting and i think it will have a lot of material to play with
Tony Hawks looks better graphics wise and 3d is more clear than it was before but i wonder if it will cause slowdown for most cards like before
Myst looks beautiful and very interesting concept
All other girlish games well 'LoL"
All other games are good but not that worth getting

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think these games mostly look really fun and at least worth giving a chance.

I realllly think the Disney Princess one looks gorgeous and will have to try it.
wub.gif
The two aquatic ones look like they could be good as well.

Thanks for constantly keeping me abreast of the releases, hadrian!

Seriously, who hasn't played Myst yet; if you were the least bit interested in it by now, then you would have played it already.
I'm interested in it but have never got around to playing it once after all of these years. I'm looking forward to trying out this insanely well-recieved game.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Woo, Tony Hawk is lookin good!

And Myst on the DS? I had no idea!

Hmm, hadn't heard of Tornado either. Looks awesome.

Hadrian: You better be careful. Your little girl will be playing all the Disney cutesy crap before you know it.

EDIT: It is a girl right? Crap, I can't remember.
frown.gif

EDIT 2: OK, I was right.
wub.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool