OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've recently started saves with my M3 Lite and I suspect that the battery is going bad. I tried some searches, but can't find any info about the exact specs of battery in the M3 Lite. So I opened it up and the metal contacts are over the writing on the battery and I prefer to simply keep the battery in place until I have a new one on hand and I'm ready to make the switch. So does anyone here know what I need to buy?

Thanks!

scrub96691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny, I just wrote a new post of the same topic too... What is the current voltage of your battery? (Sorry for asking if you don't have a volt meter) Mine is currently 0.4V and it looks like it's too low, this seems to be causing my save games to corrupt.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should be around 3.3V if it is similar to M3 perfect SD. I'd give you more info if I could, but all I have here is the slim SD perfect and huge m3 perfect.

scrub96691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did a quick operation on the M3 Lite. The battery is a Rechargeable Lithium 3.6V (12.5 mm diameter).

If you plan to replace the battery, it MUST be rechargeable. Because when you turn on the NDS, it feeds the voltage from the main battery to little M3 one. In theory, the longer you have the NDS on, the rechargeable battery should store a longer charge... of course these batteries are from China... so they probably suck. The other thing is that these batteries are not easy to find. (Make sure you buy the ones that have the tab/connectors already welded on).

NextStep

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just did a quick operation on the M3 Lite. The battery is a Rechargeable Lithium 3.6V (12.5 mm diameter).

If you plan to replace the battery, it MUST be rechargeable. Because when you turn on the NDS, it feeds the voltage from the main battery to little M3 one. In theory, the longer you have the NDS on, the rechargeable battery should store a longer charge... of course these batteries are from China... so they probably suck. The other thing is that these batteries are not easy to find. (Make sure you buy the ones that have the tab/connectors already welded on).

holy... that's abit complicated for me... which flash carts don't need to change batteries?

i might get one before my m3 lite dies out.

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
http://m3wiki.com/index.php/Ranma13%27s_Ho...tery_in_your_M3

See if that will help a bit.
smile.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
holy... that's abit complicated for me... which flash carts don't need to change batteries?

No GBA capable ones that I know of will keep (gba) saves without a battery. Some of the newer DS slot cards don't use a battery at all (R4, cyclo, M3DS real), and cards like supercard have had no battery in them (DS games write directly to the SD cards, GBA games require some convoluted steps to save).

NextStep

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

No GBA capable ones that I know of will keep (gba) saves without a battery. Some of the newer DS slot cards don't use a battery at all (R4, cyclo, M3DS real), and cards like supercard have had no battery in them (DS games write directly to the SD cards, GBA games require some convoluted steps to save).

perfect, that's exactly what i want to know

thanks~
smile.gif

Agu Fungus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a little research, I found out that it does not necessarily have to be a LIR1220. It's hard to get it anyway, and besides, does it ever get recharged while playing? Instead, you can get a CR1220, and once replaced, it works better than before! Before the new battery, all the m3 did was keep the game save for a short period of time because of the battery's short life, which is not good for RTC games like Pokémon. Now with the new battery, it can even keep the game save within its memory for a long time! I once had a save of Crash Bandicoot and left the game save within its internal memory with the GBA turned off for the entire night. At the next day, it still had that save (don't forget to back up that save to the SD card)! In conclusion, if you get an M3 Lite (it also works with EZ Flash 3 in 1 expansion pack, as it uses the same type of battery), it is highly recommended to replace the battery if you can.

Hope it was useful for eveybody.

Edit: Remember, when replacing the battery, the plus side must be facing down. Here's the tutorial for EZ 3 in 1 which might also work with M3: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132872

Reactions: emuashui

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn