Hacking Copying a backup Wii game?

TeamAJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Is it possible for an ordinary DVD writer to copy a backup Wii disk? Or do I still need to use a special LG drive?

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Need to use one of the mentioned LG drives.

Alternatively you can also dump games via the Wii using a GC/SD Adapter and an SD Card. Wiikey supports this but I don't know if any other mods do.

smile.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not positive on this, but I think you can use Wiikey's dumper with any modchip. It's basically just a DOL homebrew file that you load on the Wii and it creates an ISO that, I think, is not chip-specific. It's just like any Wii/GC ISO that you would find out on the net.

I haven't tested this though, so don't hold me to it.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ugh. I hate this question. Darkforce and Samutz misunderstand what the OP is asking.

To copy a Wii Backup Disk (not an original!!!) put it in a DVD drive in your computer, any DVD drive it doesn't matter. Run your DVD copy software to make an image file (iso) from it. Burn said iso. You DO NOT need the LG drive for this.

To copy a Wii Original Disk put it in your LG GDR8164 drive and run Rawdump. Rawdump will make the iso. Burn said iso with your favorite burning software.

If you want you can use the SD Dumper tool with any modchip with either an original or a backup Wii or Gamecube disk.

Can we sticky this question? I swear it's asked at least once a week and someone always gives the wrong answer because they misunderstand the question.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ugh. I hate this question. Darkforce and Samutz misunderstand what the OP is asking.

To copy a Wii Backup Disk (not an original!!!) put it in a DVD drive in your computer, any DVD drive it doesn't matter. Run your DVD copy software to make an image file (iso) from it. Burn said iso. You DO NOT need the LG drive for this.

To copy a Wii Original Disk put it in your LG GDR8164 drive and run Rawdump. Rawdump will make the iso. Burn said iso with your favorite burning software.

If you want you can use the SD Dumper tool with any modchip with either an original or a backup Wii or Gamecube disk.

Can we sticky this question? I swear it's asked at least once a week and someone always gives the wrong answer because they misunderstand the question.

i heard otherwise that you can't copy even a backup of the wii disc, i guess this only complies with orignal optical disc then? as you are copying from a normal dvd that a dvd drive should be able to read.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Hooya that this is asked quite often, but I usually hear mixed answers (such as now). I've generally heard that you can't make copys of copys. (For what reason I can't remember)

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can put "backups" into any standard DVD-Drive and make an ISO of it with any random DVD-ISO-Software. Works totally fine.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I just tried one of my backup copies in DVD Decrypter (ISO Read mode). It gives me the same errors as a legit Wii disc.

i have heard that you can use the dvd direct copy with nero (without ripping anything to the harddrive) and that seems to work, and this problem will get annoying when i want to burn the same game to another dvd if the game gets scratched or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night