Hacking EZ4 pics in GBM

simpson17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I bought my EZ4 I wanted to see a few pictures of it, however I couldn't find any pictures of it inside of a Game Boy Micro. Also I was a bit skeptical about the size as it looked like it was a little bit bigger than an actual gba cartridge, and I saw a post of someone else concerned about this to inside of their micro, and the response they got was that if it was any bigger than a gba cartridge at all, it was only by about .7mm. When my EZ4 arrived however I was happy to see it fit flush.

I uploaded all my images to flickr.com and they can all be enlarged by viewing my flickr profile -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9311831@N07/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9311831@N07/show/

623754709_0f81bab23d_m.jpg

This is everything my EZ4 came with. Thanks to gamersection.ca crappy shipping I didn't even receive a box for my EZ4 and the corner of it where the miniSD card goes in was cracked, luckily the cart still works fine and its only an ugly cosmetic thing.

623754743_8430392e52_m.jpg
623754815_19dc0f375b_m.jpg

As you can see the EZ4 is pretty damn close to the actual size of a gba cart (it fits perfectly flush however)

623754877_bb331b9509.jpg

623754845_82085c0e12.jpg

624652538_4c83cc6540.jpg

As you can see it fits perfectly flush inside the GBA.

If you visit my flickr page you can see all the photos enlarged. There are some photos of the menu in there, but their all of shoddy quality (I might take pictures of the menu in my DSL). I will try to upload some better quality images later on. One thing I was kind of suprised to see was that everything wasn't alphabatized right away. I remember this was the same way it was with my supercard however, and the problem is quickly solved by using fatsort.

http://hem.passagen.se/chsw/FATSort.html

Also I am using a Phoenix Wright skin for my menu which can be downloaded here (6th post)

Edit - I've taken some pictures of the menu and here they are -

623984295_27441b8259.jpg

This is the first screen you will be greeted with when starting up the EZ4 (besides the screen writing the save to your memory card). When you press the "A" button with the first icon selected, the file manager will start.

623980195_837f251d1c.jpg

This is the first folder inside the file manager, it takes you to the route of your memory card.

623980213_d191e64a6f.jpg

I have my roms divided up into letter groups alphabetically, because there is a limit of only viewing 80 files at a time.

623980239_e5fb4e502f.jpg

Here is a shot of the beginning of my rom list in the "A-F" folder. Most of the file names are visible at first glance, however some of the longer names are not completely visible but this shouldn't be too much of a problem. For example, the game
Advance Wars 2 - Black Hole Rising (UA).gba
only
Advance Wars 2 - Black
is visible at first glance. However when highlighting this file the rest of the name quickly becomes visible and scrolls from right to left.

simpson17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah the screen is really sharp and clear, its jus i have a pretty shitty camera I was taking pics with, and it can't make out the LCD too well. I wear glasses and have about 20/90 vision and hate to wear my glasses, and I have no problem at all seeing the screen w/o my glasses.

fuctfuct

Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure your limited to 80 saves as well .. They all go into the same dir so you can have more then 80 games in diff folders but as soon as you save 80 games everything goes crazy
hate2.gif

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the same set-up
smile.gif
I just need to get my EZ4 back from my friend
dry.gif
(I've been letting him borrow it)

I can take some high-res pics of you'd like, with detailed menus and everything... Should I?

fuctfuct

Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
Why not?
tongue.gif

Just got the SD card for my new EZ4. I'm running EZ4loader070315-RESET since I couldn't get the NoDS version to skin.

I like everything about the cart other then the lame saving at restart .. Such an annoying way to implement saving. After Playing around with it a bit. It is now the main reason I decided against the EZ5 for my DSL.

Some pics

dscf4504xt6.jpg

dscf4506fn9.jpg

dscf4508kf8.jpg

dscf4513sj1.jpg

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for asking but how do I change the skins for the GBA loader? Also, I noticed that playing about with some of the settings in the NDSloader, some of the words are still in chinese. Is this normal?

fuctfuct

Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
You use this tool to skin the loader. Then put it on the root of your card and hold R at boot to update.

I haven't seen the DS loader but the GBA has a few things that are still in Chinese. *shrugs*

NIce, i really like it..ill definetely get the EZ 4 now.
i thought the screens were lame but theyre not
I might be selling mine.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for asking but how do I change the skins for the GBA loader? Also, I noticed that playing about with some of the settings in the NDSloader, some of the words are still in chinese. Is this normal?

Yes it's normal. There are a couple things that show up in both English and Chinese despite any language settings you may have chosen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte