Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Unscrambler RC for Wii images

Right-click unscrambler

GBAtemp member GeekShadow (aka. MEstk) has released a new tool that allows users to unscramble a Wii ISO (assuming the extension is .wii) by simply right-clicking on the file and choosing the unscramble option.
UnscramblerRC.PNG
GeekShadow said:
Unscrambler RC is a simple batch-based tool I made to simplify unscramble Wii Raw DUMP

It is based on GOD/WOD unscrambler 0.4 available on this site http://www.ingenieria-inversa.cl/?p=9 , it integrates
itself in the Windows OS in the context menu of .wii files (with a right click).
download.gif
Download

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Al though most dumps are in iso format right? (Except the older ones)
Yeah, thought the same thing. But, doesn't hurt to just install it, in case ya ever come across one. If you make your own using one of the SD dump apps, does it automatically unscramble it to be iso? if not, that's another use.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice! Al though most dumps are in iso format right? (Except the older ones)
Yeah, thought the same thing. But, doesn't hurt to just install it, in case ya ever come across one. If you make your own using one of the SD dump apps, does it automatically unscramble it to be iso? if not, that's another use.
It doesn't matter if they're .wii or .iso, just change the extension to .wii. Though the program should support .iso anyway, it would just produce an error on an already unscrambled, or incompatible image just like the unscrambler would do normally.

crescentsaber

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lunarist.com
XP
Country
anyone want to explain why should you "unscramble" the image in the first place ? I'm saving up for a wii so I think this is a good chance to start my knowledge before doin anything else.. =) cheers
wink.gif

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anyone want to explain why should you "unscramble" the image in the first place ? I'm saving up for a wii so I think this is a good chance to start my knowledge before doin anything else.. =) cheersÂ
wink.gif

Some of the earlier Wii Game Releases are "scrambled" images. Basically they were RAW Dumps that ModChips cannot read, nor would it fit on a DVD±R completely. When you "unscramble" a such image, it will convert it to a ISO Format that can be burned with any standard burning program (such as Nero Burning ROM, ImageBurn, etc) and also allow the image to fit on a DVD±R disc. Obviously it also makes it readable via Wii ModChips.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only 15 minutes!!
I thought that it took 50 hours!
And you said that not all discs are scrambled?
Can sombody explain this indepth to me please?

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Only 15 minutes!!
I thought that it took 50 hours!
And you said that not all discs are scrambled?
Can sombody explain this indepth to me please?

That 50 hour thing was for dumping wii games~nows it about 3-4 hours.

Also for the RAW info...When a game is dumped in the info is posted on gbatemp.
Check for "Raw Dump",If it has a green check mark you need to unscramble it.
If not you dont,but most games are already unscrambled.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. Can sombody point me to a site with the latest dumper?
EDIT:Nevermind. I dont want to mod my wii or buy the LG drive or pirate anything.

crumpster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This will be more useful to people creating their own dumps. Anyone who gets future scene releases will not have to do this. I can only name 2 NTSC wii games dumped by the scene that were in raw format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality