Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

GBAtemp.net Announces Temper Card!

16GBit, Open Source, G-Online Sync, 100% Compatibility

tempercard.gif

GBAtemp.net in partnership with Gameyeeeah is proud to announce Temper Card.

Did you think GBAtemp V3 would just stop at only new site features and a forum skin? Think again. Here at GBAtemp we've been working tirelessly to create our own DS flash card. One that harnessed the power and features of GBAtemp as well as the homebrew community. We've been discontent with all other flash cards on the market so now in partnership with our distributor Gameyeeeah we will be releasing Temper Card on May 14th, 2007.

FEATURES:

• 16Gbit (2GByte!) on-board memory ensures you have plenty of space for all your files. With on-board memory you will not experience any slowdowns that you may have with removable media, like SD cards.
  • USB 2.0 Temper Card Reader allows you to read/write to your Temper Card as well as backup your original DS games.
  • Open Source! Here at GBAtemp we understand the importance of community, that is why Temper Card will be completely open source. Community members will be able to edit the firmware, add features and customise the card till their heart is content. We will also set up an uploader for you to share your custom Temper Card creations with all other owners.
  • G-Online Sync. Never miss out on a release again! By taking advantage of our G-Online ROM information system you will be able to download the latest ROM list, pictures and information directly to your Temper Card. You will need a Wifi connection to sync with the GBAtemp server.
  • 100% ROM Compatibility, drag & drop. That's a promise. Too often existing slot-1 flash cards have problems with certain games, Temper Card has been designed to offer 1:1 functionality, and that means...
  • Download Play Support! Slot-1 flash cards often break download play functionality, we understand how frustrating this is so we've devised a card that will support download play.

More information and price will be revealed closer to release as we are still pinning down a few hardware features and optimising code (blame Costello, he's been adding so much to the firmware it's slown him down
tongue.gif
). We currently have a closed alpha running on prototypes of the Temper Card (don't ask to join, it's closed
wink.gif
). Temper Card is scheduled to go into production towards the end of April and will be available at Gameyeeeah to start with and other sites possibly down the road.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hot damn, I did not think it would be this good. Guess I should not have turned down the alpha spot offer.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
this has too be a joke, as the whole open source thing sort of means your patching code can be stolen easier and the other flashcart developers can steal and modify your code.

Still a cool concept and i'd personally love to help out if this is for real

azndragonguy115

Trophies
Website
hai-san.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
i hear neoflash is helping out a great deal on this. they supposily have much better developers on this

and there a rumor of a 32Gbit version with built in 256MB ram and a 3GHz processor with hyper threading technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0