Hacking R4 issues and Gameyeeeah.com support

zesta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bad R4DS. It is looking like there might have been a bad batch, based on the number of people with issues.

Gameyeeeah will replace it, but is insisting that I send the defective card back to their China office at my cost, even though they are shipping from the US now.

So, I can send it back to them, and it will cost me $20. What is to say that the replacement will actually work? Especially if there was a bad batch.

If there is a bad batch, does anything think there is a chance that the manufacturer will replace them, and pay the shipping?

I am just afraid of being out all the shipping costs, and still getting a defective R4DS.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm trying to get responses from the manufacturer and Gameyeeeah as well, but it usually takes 2 or 3 days to get a response from either.

thanks,
-Randy

Pipo128

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the same problem.

I have bought a new one from a european site with a 1 year warranty. I'll never buy a linker from a chinese site again. Linkers aren't reliable enough, and return shipping cost is far too expensive.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a problem from a supercard SD that I got from bamboogaming. I have to send it back to their australian offices for testing. I'm also loosing out on the postage cost £1.50. With the items coming from bamboogaming without the packaging you would think they had been tested.

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are there any good resellers in the US?

-Randy

modchipstore.com

I ordered when the first batch of R4's came out where you sould make the R4 a M3.They were out of stock in they didnt tell me so i waited 2 weeks before i got mine.But i got it in 1 day from Texas to Iowa.

I dont think you sould have any problems ordering from there now.

gameyeeeah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have a bad R4DS. It is looking like there might have been a bad batch, based on the number of people with issues.

Gameyeeeah will replace it, but is insisting that I send the defective card back to their China office at my cost, even though they are shipping from the US now.

So, I can send it back to them, and it will cost me $20. What is to say that the replacement will actually work? Especially if there was a bad batch.

If there is a bad batch, does anything think there is a chance that the manufacturer will replace them, and pay the shipping?

I am just afraid of being out all the shipping costs, and still getting a defective R4DS.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm trying to get responses from the manufacturer and Gameyeeeah as well, but it usually takes 2 or 3 days to get a response from either.

thanks,
-Randy

Please return the item to our US store for a replacement, we will ship a new one from US for you, VIA USPS : Priority Mail (2 to 3 days, checking number provided). you can check the detail in the email that from our customer service. Thanks!

zesta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with the card is that it hangs at "Loading..."

I was able to get it to boot to the menu a few times, but the background images were usually corrupt, and launching games usually made the DS hang. I tried 3 different DS untis, and 3 different microSD cards.

I am quite upset that after asking numerous times to please be able to return the card to the Gameyeeeah US store, and being told that it is not possible, that they now offer me that option *after* I sent the card to the China address at triple the cost.

-Randy

dslitemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1