OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi ppl just wanted to know if anyone knows where i can find a faq on how to use this program or if someone can tell me how to use this program i would appreciate it. Does this thing just renemae files and thats what makes them safe? hows does this thing work exactly .

godbuns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thanks onneeye does it come with instructions? is it really checking for a virus or just matching the file up to release info?

onneeye

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's easy to figure out. It checks your roms with its database and renames it. It is not pure (hacked, modified) it won't rename it and will move it to unknown folder. I had about 40 bad roms.

godbuns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dude i DL'd that prog its tellin me files are missing and stuff. So far im likin nintenren though the one u said looks like it would have alot more info. but the install didnt go to smooth ...from the install it was saying it was missing files

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
Holy mother of fuck.

I was using clrMame and was skeptical that anything was better than it.

NdsCRC blows that thing out of the water! I mean, just WOW.. it seems like a perfect program, except for one thing:

is there any way to STOP it from putting all of my files in the 0000 / 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 folders? I want them ALL in one folder!

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
*********THE PROGRAM ALSO HAS GBA MODE! Haha, yay!! ******
http://www.retrocovers.com/advanscene/phpb...c.php?t=181#626

QUOTE said:
Well, there is one from the beginning ... it's just not supported.

To activate it :
- Copy NDSCRC in a other Folder ( it can't do NDS & GBA at the same time )
- Launch it one time to get a .ini
- In the .ini replace GBAMode=0 by GBAMode=1 in the main section
- Launch NDSCRC again
- Change the update URL to http://www.retrocovers.com/advanscene/offl...ANsCEne_GBA.zip
- Change the XML to ADVANsCEne_GBA.xml
- Force a DAT update
- Tune your other settings at will

A fiew things to know :
- It works for me, but I really have NO idea if it will work for you, DO NOT process your GBA roms without a backup.
- The State load takes longer (much more ROM than for NDS)
- Some NDS features are not supported in GBA Mode

Again, it's not a public feature, so please don't complain about it. Maybe I will have time in the future to support it officialy.

godbuns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok i dl'd the older version and it installs properly the latest one didnt work for me , going to give this another go. Question though when this renames the files will it replace the old file or make a new file?

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
ok i dl'd the older version and it installs properly the latest one didnt work for me , going to give this another go. Question though when this renames the files will it replace the old file or make a new file?

It creates a Your Game.old.zip and makes a new one with the proper name. It can rename the rom inside the zip, which is nice too. It CRC's the file and finds the CRC that matches the proper name and works from there, so it's nice to download wrg-sdsc.zip and have it named the proper name, as well as the rom inside. It can also download the NFO and picture. Quite a nice file and easily replaces Offline File List.

Far better than nintenren.

godbuns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok im a total dumass here but how do u use this program ndscrc, ive downloaded the latest dat thru its auto update but what do i do next i tried dragging a file into the prog that didnt work i dont see anywhere to load a rom using version 0.7.7.484 what now? I also noticed the file i got as pirates of the carrib 0476 in the prog is 0475 does this mean mines fake?

godbuns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok i set the archive folder, and said chk roms it found my stuff and everything that i have has a chk mark ...does this now mean all my stuff is good? and what does the process button do?

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Black check = you have it + named good.
Red Check = you have it but named improperly.

Process renames them all, can take a while.

godbuns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok thanks guys appreciate it and i think i got it now , this prog is pretty dam sweet , especially the pics section thats hype! only thing im not liking is how it put them all into sections 100-400 wish it just left them where they were oh well all good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: