Country
United States
iXtreme_LT_Plus_2.0_and_0800_3.0_Firmware_XBOX360-iND.png

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, was quicker than I imagine. I'm not planning to upgrade for a while. xgd3 seems sketchy.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to get it flashed this week.(Damn if only I knew how to flash the xbox myself
frown.gif
In the meantime I can start burning some of the games that I have..as far as the xdg3 games..do I just use the instructions posted on the NFO for the games(Is that the proper way of burning them? do I need to verify the game after burning) and since Im already banned, for those xdg3 game is there any point in running them through abgx or no

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nujui said:
I know this is probably a dumb question, but does this work with Hitachi 78s?
AFAIK FW for Hitachi drives was not included in the 2.0 release though I could be wrong.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still using banned 360 hitachi/lg 0078fk and every game I throw at it works and I have no idea what fw is on it. I updated it over a year ago.

if I go back on live, I would just use a non modded system. every system I've had on live modded got banned so that is a no brainer. they all eventually get found and flagged.

it also keeps me from buying service and from buying games that got my system into the ban quota to begin with so meh. I think I've done enough online gaming for several lifetimes. no need to get back on
tongue.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the news... not sure who I am going to upgrade this for so any testing on my part will have to wait a while.

Names of "proper" XDG3 dumps (there are some p2p ones intended for use with drive emulators floating around)
Warhammer_40000_Space_Marine_READNFO_XGD3_0800_USA_RF-XBOX360-RRoD
X-Men_Destiny_READNFO_XGD3_0800_USA_RF-XBOX360-RRoD
Rise_of_Nightmares_READNFO_XGD3_0800_USA_RF-XBOX360-RRoD
Gears_of_War_3_READNFO_XGD3_0800_USA_RF-XBOX360-RRoD

List of GOD install version games
Rage.JTAG.READ.NFO.XBOX360-MARVEL
X-Men.Destiny.JTAG.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Gears.of.War.3.JTAG.XBOX360-COMPLEX Also French and Japanese dupes.
Rise.of.Nightmares.JTAG.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Dead.Island.JTAG.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Warhammer.40000.Space.Marine.JTAG.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Driver.San.Francisco.JTAG.XBOX360-COMPLEX

Several were quite small (driver and rise of nightmares) so how it plays out with XDG3 and overburning I do not know. On the flip side Rage being 3 discs and the developer stating they had to drop texture resolutions and such to fit it all in might also complicate things.
Remember Dead Island got a normal release in Dead.Island.XBOX360-COMPLEX which just leaves Rage and Driver plus region dupes in need of XDG3 dumps at time of posting.

Also a new version of exiso hit which can work with this new format.

edit: @Lakerfanalways Right now you can probably dodge ABGX but as other groups get to grips with this it is worth running them through again. Verify as in verify the disc... I would just to make sure why you already burned works (to make sure it did not have a write error 20% in or something). It is as proper a way as we have right now.

@amptor MS have not done bans in quite a while but yeah online is nothing special for me either.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, downloading Gears 3 now. Hoping to have a friend of mine reflash mine tomorrow. As said above, still waiting for a rerip of Driver but I'll be content with Gear until then I suppose.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ignoring ap2.5 assuming there are not any regressions/bugs introduced and assuming you were already on LT then nothing should have changed but if you were not on an LT named firmware then you now need splitvid on all your games.

Others reading if you are updating and do not know about what to do with these updates that reflash the drive read up before going further.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Ignoring ap2.5 assuming there are not any regressions/bugs introduced and assuming you were already on LT then nothing should have changed but if you were not on an LT named firmware then you now need splitvid on all your games.

Others reading if you are updating and do not know about what to do with these updates that reflash the drive read up before going further.
Think I'm on 1.6 no stealth... does that make a difference?

will dosflash32 work with this?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dosflash recently started being updated again so yeah it probably would (it was not like it did much in the way of checks beforehand).

Being on 1.6NS changes things a bit. First off the very easy ride 360 owners were enjoying has become slightly more bumpy but still very manageable.
You have to update to play new games and no version of the 1.6 NS line has been made for the new DVD firmwares and the 360 expects this new firmware with current dashboards.
Games from waves 12 and 13 carry (of which we have seen several- http://abgx360.net/verified.php?f=wave&q=12 and http://abgx360.net/verified.php?f=wave&q=13 with most future games expected to also use it if they are not using XDG3. The scene release of deus ex has wave 11 so others reading no need to worry there) the updates that will reflash the DVD drive with the new firmware* so it is the new stock or LT1.9?/2.0 or nothing at all once you are there.
Being one of the LT firmwares splitvid is required, I had hoped there would be a version without it (it seemed to be tied to the live detection thing rather than a straight up necessity) but hey- all games since LT should have used it and it has been around for a very long time so earlier games might well have it as well. It is a very simple fix (ABGX360 can add it in without so much as downloading anything) but for obvious reasons you have to reburn games that lack it should you still wish to play them.

It also means you should be able to play the AP2.5 games although those do require you to keep on top of things even if you are not using live- MS seems to be changing things with every update and the next one is due in just over a month (there was a leaked video doing the rounds).

*just to make it complete updating through these new dashes requires some fiddling that earlier updates did not. First you have to drop back to a stock firmware for the drive (if your drive had multiple original firmwares of the same base type- the 7 series liteon for example it does not matter what one of those you use), allow it to update (if you are offline I would use a USB drive with the update on) to the new stock firmware as well as dashboard, make sure it boots up and then flash it with a new hacked firmware.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Varying news depending where I look but Driver and Rage now have XDG3 releases but as the games were already covered they probably will only get a note in the next release or maybe a writeup (Dark Souls is due out any moment now).
Driver.San.Francisco.XBOX360-COMPLEX
Rage.USA.XBOX360-MARVEL

Plus a few region dupes of Gears 3 with ABGX saying there is a group called FBi_X360 has also done a Spanish release of Pro Evo 2012 along with the Spanish gears 3.

Both are XDG3 (LT/LT+ 2.0 is the new standard and scene rules state a game should work with the current firmware), I have no word on what goes for Rage (with discs being overburned now and there being three discs- one does not tend to waste effort pressing 3 discs to have at least two not packed to the brim).

There also seems to be a version of code Veronica having had the same treatment as the RE4 release before it (recall they were XBLA/PSN only outside Japan).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am guessing Dark Souls is p2p there is also a version in the form of Dark_Souls_XGD3_0800_NTSC-XBOX360-RRoD although some of the pre sites I have do not mention it.
The DNL release of warhammer got nuked for dupe (if it is locked it would technically not be a dupe but the NFO only mentions English as a language).

Complex's rerelease of driver was initially nuked for being in GOD form (the NFO appeared to be from Xmen) but it has since seen a NFO fix if I am not mistaken and should all be good.

Rage.DVD2FIX.USA.XBOX360-MARVEL- apparently they neglected to include the security sectors for disc 2.

Others reading the PAL release of Rage (also XDG3) in Rage.PAL.MULTi4.READNFO.XBOX360-UNLiMiTED does not have English if you were waiting on it.

I will write it all up tomorrow but NBA.2K12.XBOX360-iMARS as well (also XGD3 apparently) along with Crysis in GOD form with Crysis.GOD.XBOX360-MoNGoLS.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm reading that release file right, it says this is for "dumping" drives.

Would this include the BenQ drive I was able to buy? Friend found one among some red-ringed 360's, and with my Maximus xtractor, I was able to verify it works. I'd been waiting on some firmware to flash on it to make it a 'dump' drive for ripping games (at the least, protect some of my older legit titles). Anything special I should do for it?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
codezer0 said:
If I'm reading that release file right, it says this is for "dumping" drives.

Would this include the BenQ drive I was able to buy? Friend found one among some red-ringed 360's, and with my Maximus xtractor, I was able to verify it works. I'd been waiting on some firmware to flash on it to make it a 'dump' drive for ripping games (at the least, protect some of my older legit titles). Anything special I should do for it?

Verison 3.0 of the 0800 firmware (dumping firmware, for dumping only,with XDG3 and AP2.5 support) is available for both Fat Lite-on and BenQ drives. Just flash these drives with the 0800 firmware like you normally would. The drive key is not necessary. You will need Xbox Backup Creator as well as a updated dae.bin which can be found in the usual sources.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like my liteon will need updating too.
smile.gif

The LiteON is the one in my 360. The BenQ I picked up for cheap so I could have something to dump/rip games with finally, since the last drive I tried to scavenge for the job was already dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: BORN 2 GAME FORCED 2 PAY