Hacking DSTwo not working on an PAL 3DS!

Peache

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've updated my DStwo to Firmware 1.09 and EOS 1.11 via my DSiXL and yet I get an error playing it on my 3DS telling me "An error has occured. Please turn off power" and apparentley I'm not the only one. I'm sure i've updated correctly as the card shows as 'Alex Rider' and i've followed the instructions within this supercard thread

http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-8426-1-1.html

This guy has the exact same problems as i've got.

It's an Australian/PAL 3DS i'm using also...could that be why?

Peache

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No I haven't. It's quite frustrating and I wanna download that Video
hate2.gif
.. I thinking of downloading the update, no cards have been effected apparentley by it anyway.

Peache

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated the 3DS, still doesn't work.

My DStwo runs on my DSiXL fine after updating the card, so I think the DStwo flashed without it bricking itself.

I've also tested DS games on my 3DS and they also run fine.

Scatt-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe your DSTwo spring is on its way out, or the Supercard itself isn't sitting right in the DS. My spring's completely dead and requires sticky tape to hold the SD card in place now, but there was a time when it'd seem like everything was fine, but I'd still get those same errors every now and then due to poor contact placement somewhere.

Peache

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Scatt-Man said:
Maybe your DSTwo spring is on its way out, or the Supercard itself isn't sitting right in the DS. My spring's completely dead and requires sticky tape to hold the SD card in place now, but there was a time when it'd seem like everything was fine, but I'd still get those same errors every now and then due to poor contact placement somewhere.

Hey Scatt-Man. I've tried your suggestion and held the sd card with tape, still i've gotten the error and it looks like someone else posted a topic here aboutn an ntsc 3ds not working with the same problems as I have.

Maybe there's a batch of DStwo's that don't like the new update?

Does anyone know the e-mail for contacting troubleshooting/support towards the Supercard team? All I can find is email in regards to sales and purchases on the site

D

Deleted-188346

Peache said:
Hey Scatt-Man. I've tried your suggestion and held the sd card with tape, still i've gotten the error and it looks like someone else posted a topic here aboutn an ntsc 3ds not working with the same problems as I have.

Does anyone know the e-mail for contacting troubleshooting/support towards the Supercard team? All I can find is email in regards to sales and purchases on the site
Seems to me that a lot of the flashcard updates for the 3DS are not working completely correctly.
Is your DSTwo still working in your old DS? If so, then it's just a patch problem, and they are more than likely aware of it already.
Still, it wouldn't hurt to contact them, not sure about the e-mail though.

EDIT: I can't find their e-mail, it seems as if they expect you to post on their forums.

angahith

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I updated my DSTWO to 1.11 using my DSi and the files from the supercard site and it's working perfectly fine on my PAL 3DS (worked on both, the stock and 1.1.0-1 E)
odd...

Teren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peache said:
This guy has the exact same problems as i've got.

I am that guy
nayps3.gif

As you've seen, it's not about the 3DS - the problem is SC DS2. Have you found the support e-mail? I'd like to write them about this too...

Hope an update is released soon, but I'm don't know if that will fix it. You can see which firmware is installed when you load a firmware update, and it clearly says 1.09 is the current one if you updated. That makes me wonder if this is a software or maybe hardware problem.

Modariffic.com

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.modariffic.com
XP
Country
Peache said:

Hi Peache,

I have forwarded an email to the support team to contact back. If i get a reply i will post it here. The batches have been the same throughout the year
smile.gif

QUOTE(Peache @ Mar 31 2011, 08:16 PM) It's an Australian/PAL 3DS i'm using also...could that be why?

Sorry you are having problems with your SC-DS2. Modariffic have tested the SC-DS2 on the Australian 3DS without any issues so far.

Peache

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Modariffic.com said:
Peache said:

Hi Peache,

I have forwarded an email to the support team to contact back. If i get a reply i will post it here. The batches have been the same throughout the year
smile.gif

QUOTE(Peache @ Mar 31 2011, 08:16 PM) It's an Australian/PAL 3DS i'm using also...could that be why?

Sorry you are having problems with your SC-DS2. Modariffic have tested the SC-DS2 on the Australian 3DS without any issues so far.

Thanks for your help in contacting Supercard. Looks like i'll know were to buy my next Flash Card
wink.gif

Modariffic.com

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.modariffic.com
XP
Country
Peache said:
Thanks for your help in contacting Supercard..

No worries at all,

Got a reply back from Team SuperCard here is the email:

"This is cause by DSTWO hardware individual differences, the booting time of DSTWO boot up code still be too slow, some cards can not cross, and now to find a ways to speed up the boot code."

From this it sounds like they are working on it and that there are some slight differences in the hardware used throughout the SuperCards lifespan. However the SuperCards stocked by Modariffic have been the same as some new ones have been tested in the meantime and work with the 3DS as well.

So because of the boot time being too slow on older units there will be some tweaks made to hopefully get the card up and running for you (and others) experiencing this unfortunate problem.

I have emailed back to see if there is an ETA on this but teams should never be rushed in this situation, its best to wait this one out
wink.gif

Hope this helps!

Peache

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Modariffic.com said:
Peache said:
Thanks for your help in contacting Supercard..

No worries at all,

Got a reply back from Team SuperCard here is the email:

"This is cause by DSTWO hardware individual differences, the booting time of DSTWO boot up code still be too slow, some cards can not cross, and now to find a ways to speed up the boot code."

From this it sounds like they are working on it and that there are some slight differences in the hardware used throughout the SuperCards lifespan. However the SuperCards stocked by Modariffic have been the same as some new ones have been tested in the meantime and work with the 3DS as well.

So because of the boot time being too slow on older units there will be some tweaks made to hopefully get the card up and running for you (and others) experiencing this unfortunate problem.

I have emailed back to see if there is an ETA on this but teams should never be rushed in this situation, its best to wait this one out
wink.gif

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it! Nice to hear that they know what the problem is and what to do...now to be patient and wait for the next update
huh.gif

Teren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peache said:
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it! Nice to hear that they know what the problem is and what to do...now to be patient and wait for the next update
huh.gif

Hope it's released soon
wink.gif
.Finally, I went to the shop where I got my SC DS2 and they replaced it for a new one. The sticker is different from the one I had, so we could confirm what SC Team answered - the old ones boot time is slower and that makes the error to show up.

Fully working on my 3DS now, at last.

Good luck with it.

Modariffic.com

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.modariffic.com
XP
Country
Peache said:
huh.gif

No worries, Its understandable to want to know what is going on
wink.gif
I just received another email verifying that Team SuperCard are in the process of creating new software AND firmware for the device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: bored, guess i'll spread more democracy