mikehammerX9

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
What do you think, will Nintendo release all Zelda titles from handheld consoles on 3DS? eShop will be ready soon and they have already confirmed GB/C games and Nintendo classics (?). I really wish that would happen, because I don't have a GBC or GBA anymore ...

They could even port Wind Waker to the new 3DS, it's powerful enough.

So:

The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link
A Link to the Past
Link's Awakening DX*
Ocarina of Time*
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
The Minish Cap
Wind Waker

*confirmed

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't we all wish we could look into the future.
closedeyes.gif

No one knows... yet.
But I do hope so.
The best thing would be a PHANTOM HOURGLASS REMAKE. (Even though PH is for the DS, it's still by far the best Zelda game evarr and I demand a remake. I didn't like Spirit Tracks that much)

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, TP is the show stopper. And even if they did, we'd have a whole bunch of butthurt fanboys saying that Nintendo is milking the series.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dangy said:
Yep, TP is the show stopper. And even if they did, we'd have a whole bunch of butthurt fanboys saying that Nintendo is milking the series.
If they can port Wind Waker, they can port Twilight Princess since that actually ran on the Wind Waker engine, and was also a gamecube game.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
dinofan01 said:
Twilight Princess says no.
Agreed -- for now. Currently, Nintendo has their 3DS cart size limited to 2 GBs which would exclude TP from a 3DS port. I predict when that ceiling is lifted to 4 GBs, we'll see Twilight Princess and other Wii/Gamecube games being ported to 3DS with regularity.
cool.gif

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
dinofan01 said:
Twilight Princess says no.
Agreed -- for now. Currently, Nintendo has their 3DS cart size limited to 2 GBs which would exclude TP from a 3DS port. I predict when that ceiling is lifted to 4 GBs, we'll see Twilight Princess and other Wii/Gamecube games being ported to 3DS with regularity.
cool.gif

Twilight Princess is only 1.08 GB big, so it would easily fit on an 3ds cartridge

benno300

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
TheTwoR's said:
closedeyes.gif

No one knows... yet.
But I do hope so.
The best thing would be a PHANTOM HOURGLASS REMAKE. (Even though PH is for the DS, it's still by far the best Zelda game evarr and I demand a remake. I didn't like Spirit Tracks that much)

I would totally like this!!

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I'd be surprised if they ported or remake any other games besides Majora's Mask. I figure they'll do what they've done with the GBA and NDS and come up with some complete new titles that utilize the systems features.
I see more "Toon Link" in the future.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They'd probably run into issues (not saying they couldn't RESOLVE those issues) with The Oracles and Minish Cap being developed by Capcom.
You also forgot the two DS titles, but I suppose those could just be played normally by retail cart.

TheTwoR's said:
closedeyes.gif

No one knows... yet.
But I do hope so.
Stop trolling.
If you can honestly say Phantom Hourglass is 'by far the best', then you've never played any of the other games.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majora's Mask is an almost certainty. I could see at least a "3D classics" version of the original.

Hopefully any 3DS exclusive Zelda's don't force you to use the stylus for everything. I hate forced stylus control in games where it doesn't make sense.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gb[c] titles will be availabe, gba titles only if they include them in VC[or homebrew], gc titles might get a port, but already having an n64 port it slims the chance of majora's[except if there will be a good n64 emulator homebrew] and wind waker instead of an entirely new 3ds zelda
tp i'm almost sure it won't hit the 3ds library
the ds games i'm 99% sure that we won't see as a 3ds remake or some sort like that
nes games? dun think so, again only VC or homebrew

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
well nintendo has confirmed that gba will NOT be in vc [well not yet anyways] so don't expect them to be ported, though I would just use my SCDS2 to play them

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would so love it if they did port/remake all the games onto the 3DS. I haven't played/finished some of them, so would definitely buy them all xD

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sputnix said:
well nintendo has confirmed that gba will NOT be in vc [well not yet anyways] so don't expect them to be ported, though I would just use my SCDS2 to play them
When? Where's you're sauce (not really expecting gba anyway, but still)?
Oh, you meant at launch.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I don't think that'll happen.

twiztidsinz said:
TheTwoR's said:
closedeyes.gif

No one knows... yet.
But I do hope so.
Stop trolling.
If you can honestly say Phantom Hourglass is 'by far the best', then you've never played any of the other games.

Totally. I actually found the DS titles to be among the worst.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
I don't think that'll happen.

twiztidsinz said:
TheTwoR's said:
closedeyes.gif

No one knows... yet.
But I do hope so.
Stop trolling.

Totally. I actually found the DS titles to be among the worst.

QFT!

LOZ (NES), LTTP, Minish Cap, Oracle games, OOT, and Twilight Princess are the best, the rest are just... meh.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about this very topic today.

We are getting an Ocarina of Time remake so some time down the line maybe we will see a Majora's Mask remake.

That would be nice.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Majora's Mask should come out in 2012. (the original came out in 2000, a year people though the apocalypse would come. 2012 is also a year like that. And Majora's Mask is apocalyptical)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c