What's the best way to learn Kanji?

ineap09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
So, I'm listening to online Japanese radio. I'm watching Anime in Japanese(with English subs). I've learned hiragana and katakana. I have "Japanese Grammar" by Nobuo and Carol Akiyama. What's next? I'm thinkin' Kanji.

What's the best way to learn kanji?
Do I go to a random website that lists a bunch of kanji and try to memorize them?
Are there any good books that are good for learning kanji(downloadable books like kindle books please. Shipping is expensive where I'm at)?
Have any tips I should keep in mind as I memorize them?

Thanks for all future help/trolling!
smileipb2.png

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm memorizing Kanji by using flashcards and playing Japanese games. Flashcard is very effective (I don't mean DS flashcard). Playing Japanese games with a dictionary software is good for memorization but it's worse on word-categorization that is easier to forget what have learned and tire to find meaning of every words, however, it's funnier.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wrote a small application for learning hiragana, katakana and kanji in C++ three years ago.

Here's a screenshot and filetrip link I made in case you're interested:
23939-Yukari1.1.PNG

http://filetrip.net/f23939-Yukari-%5BHirag...--Kan--1-1.html

At the time of writing this application I didn't find any good free existing software or website for drilling so I made this and learned hiragana, katakana and some 200 kanji with it.

Which method of learning that works best differs a lot from person to person. Drilling is very efficient if you have a photographic memory and it also doesn't take much effort at all.

ineap09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Thanks for all the help and tips.

I downloaded that Slime Forest Adventure, and I love it so far. Thanks GHOST!
happy.gif

Thanks phoenixgoddess27 for the link. I took a look at it, and it looks great! I love how clean the website looks.
tongue.gif
Studying by levels definitely seems like a good guided way to learn kanji. Thanks again!
happy.gif

Mazor, thanks for Yukari! It's actually pretty cool!

Wow, seriously guys, thanks for all the suggestions!
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr