Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the early days after Pokemon Black and White (JPN) was released, our "official" thread was a haven fr people seeking advice on how to make the games work on their specific flashcarts.
Unfortunately now the only people still lurking in the thread are looking for game hints, while people still having trouble with their R4 variant flashcarts are making dozens of new threads.
So lets centralize the people still having issues in this one thread.

This thread is for anybody having trouble making Pokemon Black or Pokemon White work on their flashcart or emulator.

This thread is NOT for people wanting
anti-piracy fixes
Translations
game hints
ROM links (don't you even dare)
friend codes
walkthroughs
pokesav compatibility
sprite editing

Or any other crap unrelated to making Pokemon Black or Pokemon White work AT ALL on a cart/emu.

and before you think to PM me for a fix/patch/etc
know that I AM NOT PLAYING POKEMON B/W.
I don't have the ROM, I don't have ANY patch, and I'm not going to look them up for you.
This is simply a way to keep the inordinate amount of new "make pokemon work" threads to a minimum.

Let the questions begin.

Currently looking for answers for

R4i-gold
Acekard2i
R4 III {2}------------------------- Possible Fix
R4 III "upgrade"
DSTT
R4i SDHC {2} {3} {4}
R4i Ultra---------------------Possible Fix
N5
DeSmuME {2}
R4 v2 (non-sdhc)
Acekard 2.1
R4 Ultra (SDHC)---------------Possible Fix
GEi (Galaxy Eagle i)

DarkenX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good idea. Love the possibility to ask the questions everyone is already asking, in a place where its finally allowed. xD Anyways, here my first few:

Has anyone else attempted to play the game on R4i Gold?

P.S. First post. Yay me? xP

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you. I was getting so bloody annoyed with the amount. "bawww!! I have an R4 clone. Pokemans Black and white wonts work. Plzzzzzzzz help!!!!"

DarkenX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
Thank you. I was getting so bloody annoyed with the amount. "bawww!! I have an R4 clone. Pokemans Black and white wonts work. Plzzzzzzzz help!!!!"
It is a problem but those of us wanting to play it still understand why they are complaining. It is understandable, but still annoying. At least now, there is a floodgate for all the nubulation to flood into. xD Welcome to Noob-a-toria, coming soon to a forum near you!

GutsMan.EXE

Trophies
XP
Country
I got pokemon black and white working on my original r4 with woof 1.12 and works really well but i can't get it to work on my acekard2i? I mean wtf it's the same rom.

I updated everything again and again even the update for 1.4.1. Also formatted sd but still nothing. It stays on the black screen when i either finish the profs speech or try to continue from a save.

I just want to get it working on my acekard because i have a 16gb sd for it whilst my r4 has a crappy 2gb (can't find my 4gb one that works with it). Though i don't really mind as i'm playing it none the less on my r4 but would have all my other shit if playing on my acekard.
Thanks.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1.4.1? You need 1.7.1, not 1.4.1, that is highly outdated.

You need a ROM, patched with the EXP and freeze bugs for it to work fully. Mine never had a problem on AK 2i (NOT 2.1, 2i) 1.7.1. even without the patch IN TERMS OF SAVING ISSUES. After the patch, well, all problems like EXP and freezes simply disappeared.

I'm using a 4 GB Kingston SDHC MSD.

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
AFAIK, currently, no R4 clone (like R4i, etc...) can play the game (aka launch it).

bebo1120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HBK said:
AFAIK, currently, no R4 clone (like R4i, etc...) can play the game (aka launch it).
do you know if somebody is working on something to make it possible to play it in r4 clone if you do let me know

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
bebo1120 said:
HBK said:
do you know if somebody is working on something to make it possible to play it in r4 clone if you do let me know

I honestly can't tell you, sorry, I can really only provide support (read: help people get it working - I'm not a developer though) for Acekard and EZFlash carts, since I own those. I also own an original R4, and not a clone, so I really can't say anything about something I don't own.

Good luck though. I hope someone is working on it.
smile.gif

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gutman5000 said:
I got pokemon black and white working on my original r4 with woof 1.12 and works really well but i can't get it to work on my acekard2i? I mean wtf it's the same rom.

I updated everything again and again even the update for 1.4.1. Also formatted sd but still nothing. It stays on the black screen when i either finish the profs speech or try to continue from a save.

I just want to get it working on my acekard because i have a 16gb sd for it whilst my r4 has a crappy 2gb (can't find my 4gb one that works with it). Though i don't really mind as i'm playing it none the less on my r4 but would have all my other shit if playing on my acekard.
Thanks.
I think it's pretty clear that the micro SD is at fault here.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
gutman5000 said:

Thanks.
I think it's pretty clear that the micro SD is at fault here.
Most definietly. It has been confirmed by Smiths that Normmatt has fixed it in a loader update but has not yet published it. It was unknown if he had fixed the mSD issues as well. However, if Normmatt had the same problem with his b/w ROM, then I'm sure he would have fixed it.

GutsMan.EXE

Trophies
XP
Country
1.4.1 is not the akaio version it's the dsi firmware version update, that's what i meant by 1.4.1 and my akaio is 1.7.1. Plus i tried with the same sd and works on r4 but not acekard still sd related? (All my microsds are Sandisk).

D

Deleted User

Basically, from what I've gathered, if your card's name starts with "R4i"- it's not going to run the game and you have to wait for a manufacturer kernel update to (hopefully) fix the problem.

That is the ONLY solution.

GutsMan.EXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to make it crystal clear the problems i'm talking about are for my Acekard2i not my R4, it DOES WORK on my R4 but DOES NOT WORK on my Acekard2i.
Thanks

cloudxsword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought an R4i Ultra (thought it was just a normal R4, but I never really did research on this type of thing until now), and have recently tried just about every single measure possible to get either of these games to work on it.

I've tried with just normal firmware from r4ultra.com, YSmenu (though I might've done that wrong), WAIO -> R4 Wood (even if that was mainly for R4 SDHC, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try), and AKAIO 1.5.1

The closest I've gotten to getting it to work is with AKAIO, in which I get the same screen that would normally pop up on no$gba without the AR code. Is there any way that I can get that code onto the game, and see if it somehow magically fixes my issue? Or anything like that? Or will I just have to wait, hope and pray for a patch that'll work for my card?

I'd buy myself a Supercard DSTWO, if I had the funds for 20 dollar shipping so I could get it soon, but I'd rather not buy a 35 dollar card, when there actually was a way to play it on the one I have now, if it comes up in the next week or two.

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cloudxsword said:
I recently bought an R4i Ultra (thought it was just a normal R4, but I never really did research on this type of thing until now), and have recently tried just about every single measure possible to get either of these games to work on it.

I've tried with just normal firmware from r4ultra.com, YSmenu (though I might've done that wrong), WAIO -> R4 Wood (even if that was mainly for R4 SDHC, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try), and AKAIO 1.5.1

The closest I've gotten to getting it to work is with AKAIO, in which I get the same screen that would normally pop up on no$gba without the AR code. Is there any way that I can get that code onto the game, and see if it somehow magically fixes my issue? Or anything like that? Or will I just have to wait, hope and pray for a patch that'll work for my card?

I'd buy myself a Supercard DSTWO, if I had the funds for 20 dollar shipping so I could get it soon, but I'd rather not buy a 35 dollar card, when there actually was a way to play it on the one I have now, if it comes up in the next week or two.
You could just buy an AK2i.

cloudxsword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I could, but I'd like to see if there's some way to get it to work on the one I've got now.

I'm pretty desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins