Hacking I think my Wii is done

Nuke85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brawl Problem (Video)

I'll edit my post later on with my Wii Specs, thanks in advance if any one can help with this problem.

This always happens during the stage select screen. Doesn't happen on any other game. I've been playing other Wii games for a while now (Wii sports, Wii fit, SMG2 etc..), also been playing ssbm. No problems at all with these games. As far as I know my (legit) brawl doesn't have any problems with the disk. Could this be the end of my Wii?

Edit : My Wii version is 4.1U I have a Wiikey 2, homebrew and bootmii2. That's all I can think of what I've done to my Wii. I also bought my Wii on release date (maybe the laser is dying or something? getting old possibly)

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
Could be struggling to read dual layers. My Wii laser struggles to read shit now... and it's slowed down loading times. Not long before mine gives out.

Nuke85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vegemikee said:
Could be struggling to read dual layers. My Wii laser struggles to read shit now... and it's slowed down loading times. Not long before mine gives out.

Does any one know of any other dual layer games? I could possibly test them out. Thanks for the input
smile.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep, that's correct. The wii drive and the laser are NOT build to read dual layer DVD's like Brawl and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I can remember that Nintendo repair broken drives.

Nuke85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Yep, that's correct. The wii drive and the laser are NOT build to read dual layer DVD's like Brawl and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I can remember that Nintendo repair broken drives.

Well I doubt that I can simply repair it now. Warranty is most likely lost because of soldering in my WiiKey 2, I could possibly buy a new drive and replace it. Such a waste though, buying a new drive for just maybe 2 or 3 games? I can't even think of many dual layer games.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can also replace the laser if it's needed. But it's ok for now, only when the wii won't read games anymore. You could create a DVD5 (single layer) version of Brawl, google it. This would be better for the drive.

Nuke85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
You can also replace the laser if it's needed. But it's ok for now, only when the wii won't read games anymore. You could create a DVD5 (single layer) version of Brawl, google it. This would be better for the drive.

Yeah I'm already downloading a DVD5 for the game. The problem I'm running into though is how do I get a 100% complete save file? Since I won't have the full game of the DVD5 version then how do I get the characters etc.. I've read up that you can't transfer brawl save files any way to by pass this? Thanks in advance.

Edit : I know the save file for brawl saves on the wii and not the disk (not dumb lol) Just never really liked brawl too much until I saw project m that's another story though. Hence why I need the save file for brawl
frown.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The difference between the DVD5 and the normal version is that the video's in the Subspace Emissary are removed, you can still play everything like in the normal version!

Nuke85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
The difference between the DVD5 and the normal version is that the video's in the Subspace Emissary are removed, you can still play everything like in the normal version!

Ah I thought you needed to play the SSE to get some of the characters. Oh well just looked up on gamefaqs and cool just gotta play a crap load of matches ;0

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also use it for that reason. I didn't know a dual layered game would wear the laser out faster than a single layered game, though. Why was it that some Wiis wouldn't read them in the first place? Laser wasn't strong enough?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dronesplitter said:
I also use it for that reason. I didn't know a dual layered game would wear the laser out faster than a single layered game, though. Why was it that some Wiis wouldn't read them in the first place? Laser wasn't strong enough?
Yep, the laser is not build for this. The laser is only build for 4,7GB single layer and 1,35GB mini DVD's.
I'm also only playing from USB, it's MUCH faster and safer.

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
dronesplitter said:
Yep, the laser is not build for this. The laser is only build for 4,7GB single layer and 1,35GB mini DVD's.
I'm also only playing from USB, it's MUCH faster and safer.

Yea I agree on it being faster and safer lol

My friend once put his ssd in a enclosure and plugged it in his wii and the games that was on it started instantly, dont get me started on how long it took to get the game on it lol

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
FIX94 said:

This is exactly what I did a few days ago. My len´s wii laser is completely new, an average usage of 4 or 5 month before i got it. However, since I got a retail copy Super Smash Brawl somehow I always knew Wii´s laser aren´t designed to read DL`s DVD frecuently, as it gets stressed too much. Then I came across here, look and build up a DVD5 Smash Bros Brawl. This way you´re using the wii´s lens to read single layer discs, since it was designed to.

--

Your wii´s laser must be replaced then, but just "teh laser piece", not the whole wii system.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like others, I don't agree that your wii is dead, I think you are actually going to be treating it right by getting a usb loader
wink.gif

In all seriousness, since the legit disc of brawl seems to work, you have excluded many different possibilities. The iso that is burned onto the disc may be damaged or considering you are using DL-R and that requires a bit stronger laser, it may be the laser is dying. In all the cases, it could be remedied by a USB loader. Faster loadings and minimally-invasive approaches to install it. The only alter on the original system files is to enable a trucha bug to allow the installation of a CIOS which is far off from your original system files.

Good luck

Nuke85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:
Like others, I don't agree that your wii is dead, I think you are actually going to be treating it right by getting a usb loader
wink.gif

In all seriousness, since the legit disc of brawl seems to work, you have excluded many different possibilities. The iso that is burned onto the disc may be damaged or considering you are using DL-R and that requires a bit stronger laser, it may be the laser is dying. In all the cases, it could be remedied by a USB loader. Faster loadings and minimally-invasive approaches to install it. The only alter on the original system files is to enable a trucha bug to allow the installation of a CIOS which is far off from your original system files.

Good luck

Well this is what I've gotten down to..

Put in my legit brawl freezes during stage selection screen. I downloaded a DVD5 Brawl version and burnt it on a dvd-r (Sony) and the same problem still happened.. So I'm not sure if it's the laser or possibly hardware. I might do a usb loader, could some one possibly give me a link to get me started on a usb loader? I'm not sure on the whole thing since I've had a WiiKey 2 for so long. I'm out the hacking loop you could say.

Thanks for all your help, all your posts were very informative. Thanks again.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The noise you are getting is a pretty similar noise I get when I freeze the ram using geckodotnet/wiird. I also get that noise when I was trying to insert custom textures/coding into brawl and for some reason didn't allow the game to load properly past the stage.

Do you have any other software installed? Have you ever used cheats on brawl?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: