Hacking RawkSD customs working on ULoader

granberro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

It is possible, yes. It's a fully manual process but I think it's worth to follow. The procedure is valid for NTSC Rock Band 2.

Greetings:
  • Hermes: The best USBLoader, although, probably, not the fanciest
    nyanya.gif
  • AerialX and tueidj: For making RB2 customs possible.
  • tueidj: For providing smart clues regarding DLC.
  • xorloader: For it's genial Arktool.
  • parannoyed: For his DLC tools, although I do not use them.
    nyanya.gif
  • secamfr: For huge improvement
    grog.gif
Tools:The procedure is fully manual and requires previous knowledge of all the tools involved. I suggest you to test using one of the spare NANDs slots provided by ULoader. Let's go:
Preliminary:[*]Access your Wii NAND and get a copy of the file ticket/0010005/63524241.tik[*]Hex edit it, replacing cRBA with sZXE and save it as 735a5845.tik[*]Hed edit file RawkSD 3 configuration file (rawkswf.conf) replacing cRBA with sZXE.Old method steps:
[*]Start ULoader and copy Rock Band 2 save to one of the available nands.[*]Open folder title/00010000/535a4145/data inside the nand you picked in previous step and get a copy of file rockbnd2.dat[*]Prepare a SD card with RawkSD/RawkSD 3 beta on your Wii.[*]Copy the content of the SD card to a folder in your pc. I will call it SDPC later on.[*]Start RawkSD/RawkSD 3 beta, select OPEN SD CARD and point to folder SDPC.[*]Click Customs->Install and install your customs.[*]Copy file rockbnd2.dat to folder \rawk\rb2 inside SDPC and rename it as data.[*]This step is f* tedious
wacko.gif
: In folder \rawk\rb2\customs inside SDPC, there is a folder containing a file called data for every song. Edit all files replacing cRBA with sZXE.[*]If your are using RawkSD3 beta close it and open RawkSD 2.0[*]Click Customs->Update SD Save. You can close RawkSD app.[*]Get a copy of data file in folder \rawk\rb2 inside SDPC, rename it as rockbnd2.dat and replace file on folder in step 2.[*]Copy all files .bin in folder \private\wii\data\cRBA inside SDPC and copy them where you have installed DLC packer/unpacker tools (follow carefully installation instructions).[*]Decrypt all files from a DOS window executing for %f in (*.bin) do dlcunpack %f[*]When finished there will be a folder named 0001000563524241. Rename file tmd inside as title.tmd, edit it and replace cRBA with sZXE.[*]Go to folder title/00010005/ inside the nand slot you chose and create the following folders 735a5845 735a5845/content and 735a5845/data[*]Copy the files from step 13 to folder 735a5845/content.[*]Copy file 735a5845.tik to folder ticket/00010005/ inside the nand slot you chose.
Improved method teps:
[*]Start ULoader and copy Rock Band 2 save to one of the available nands.[*]Open folder title/00010000/535a4145/data inside the nand you picked in previous step and get a copy of file rockbnd2.dat[*]Prepare a SD card with RawkSD/RawkSD 3 beta on your Wii.[*]Copy the content of the SD card to a folder in your pc. I will call it SDPC later on.[*]Start RawkSD 3 beta, select OPEN SD CARD and point to folder SDPC.[*]Click Customs->Install and install your customs.[*]Copy file rockbnd2.dat to folder \rawk\rb2 inside SDPC and rename it as data.[*]Close RawkSD3 beta and open RawkSD 2[*]Click Customs->Update SD Save. You can close RawkSD now.[*]Get a copy of data file in folder \rawk\rb2 inside SDPC, rename it as rockbnd2.dat and replace file on folder in step 2.[*]Copy all files .bin in folder \private\wii\data\sZXE inside SDPC to the folder you have installed DLC packer/unpacker tools (follow carefully installation instructions).[*]Decrypt all files from a DOS window executing for %f in (*.bin) do dlcunpack %f[*]When finished there will be a folder named 00010005735a5845. Rename file tmd inside as title.tmd.[*]Go to folder title/00010005/ inside the nand slot you chose and create the following folders 735a5845 735a5845/content and 735a5845/data[*]Copy the files from step 13 to folder 735a5845/content.[*]Copy file 735a5845.tik to folder ticket/00010005/ inside the nand slot you chose.

Troubleshooting/improvements
marcd2009 said:
63 tells you how to improve loading speed, though won't be of use if you have downloaded all the music store songs
83 tells you how to import more than 255 songs into RB2 as each DLC "generation" can only hold 255 songs
89 tells you how to import songs which don't appear in RawkSD2 after you've ripped them from disc

Enjoy!

graNBerro

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use Uloader atm for all my DLC in RB2. Won't this screw up all my previous DLC?

Seems tedious if u ask me, but if it works, i'll go with it
smile.gif

granberro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Xras said:
I use Uloader atm for all my DLC in RB2. Won't this screw up all my previous DLC?

Seems tedious if u ask me, but if it works, i'll go with it
smile.gif

It won't... well I can not assure 100%. During testing worst case scenario was that customs did not appear. Furthermore you can tests with one of the nand slots ULoader provides.

fubka said:
so the DLC and game is all playing off of a USB HD?
Plus RawkSD customs

QUOTE(vexing @ Aug 9 2010, 09:29 PM)
does uloader still take like 10 minutes to start the game?

Short answer yes...

Long answer no. First of all, it is not a ULoader issue. First of all libfat is pretty buggy and caches are not reliable, second Harmonix/Pi studios look for DLC up to four times. The workaround consists in removing from tmds the dlc you do not own.

graNBerro

vexing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granberro said:
Long answer no. First of all, it is not a ULoader issue. First of all libfat is pretty buggy and caches are not reliable, second Harmonix/Pi studios look for DLC up to four times. The workaround consists in removing from tmds the dlc you do not own.

oops, i didn't mean to imply it was uloader causing the delay, i figured it was a rb2 issue as the beatles rockband loads instantaneously in uloader.

how fast is your load time with modified tmds?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granberro said:
The workaround consists in removing from tmds the dlc you do not own.

Is that possible if you have ALL of the DLC available? Or should it read "removing from tmds the dlc you do not LEGALLY own"?

Edit: Step 8 = batch rename
smile.gif

vexing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
smile.gif
he's saying hexedit the files, but there are no doubt some programs that could find/replace text strings in binary files... or it'd take a minute to write one.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
vexing said:
D34DL1N3R said:
smile.gif
he's saying hexedit the files, but there are no doubt some programs that could find/replace text strings in binary files... or it'd take a minute to write one.
Id try unixs sed (its in cygwin)
with something like " sed -i 's/sRBA/sZXE/g' "

granberro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vexing said:
granberro said:

oops, i didn't mean to imply it was uloader causing the delay, i figured it was a rb2 issue as the beatles rockband loads instantaneously in uloader.

how fast is your load time with modified tmds?

Didn't mean to be rude
rolleyes.gif

I've made a couple of test and those are the results. I have measured full load time since launching the game to access to main menu:

43 songs 1' 30
212 songs 2' 35

Judge yourself.

Just in case, below is the program I wrote to trim down tmds. tools.h and tools.c can be found at http://code.google.com/p/wii-fsck/source/b.../wii-fsck/?r=74
CODE#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include "tools.h"

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
FILE *ftmd;
FILE *fapp;
u8 *tmd;
u32 len_tmd;
u32 len_tmd_nb;
u16 num_app;
char name[17];
u16 i;
u16 j;
u64 temp;

if (argc != 2)
{
fatal("Usage: trim_dlctmd ");
}

if (strcmp(argv[1], "title.tmd")==0)
{
fatal("tmd filename can not be title.tmd");
}

ftmd = fopen(argv[1], "rb");
if (!ftmd)
{
fatal("can not find %s\n",argv[1]);
}

temp = getfilesize(ftmd);
len_tmd_nb = temp;
len_tmd = round_up(temp, 0x40);
tmd = malloc(len_tmd);
memset(tmd, 0, len_tmd);
fread(tmd, temp, 1, ftmd);
num_app = be16(tmd + 0x01de);
fclose(ftmd);

printf("There are %d files described on the TMD.\n", num_app);

j=0;
for (i=0;i

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked great. One thing you should note is on step 12 you need to decrypt 000.bin last to ensure the title.tmd has all the songs listed.

granberro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
toazron1 said:
will this method work with sneek?

It should. Sneek and Uloader use the same file structure and I believe sneek patches hash and signature checkings as well.

Give it a try with just one song and let us know
yay.gif

vexing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
granberro said:
Give it a try with just one song and let us know
yay.gif

Or... try it with ALL of the songs and tell us the loading time compared to the same songs using uLoader.
smile.gif

if i recall correctly you can't use usb instruments with uneek, and sneek seemed pretty slow in general with sdhc... and most people haven't got 32gb sdhc cards anyway.

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You can import all the Rawksd3 beta (i try LRB & RBGD successfully), just change this step :

5. Start RawkSD3 beta, select OPEN SD CARD and point to folder SDPC.

9. Close RawkSD3 beta, Start RawkSD, select OPEN SD CARD and point to folder SDPC, Click Customs->Update SD Save. You can close RawkSD app.

Enjoy!
yay.gif

granberro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
secamfr said:
You can import all the Rawksd3 beta (i try LRB & RBGD successfully), just change this step :

5. Start RawkSD3 beta, select OPEN SD CARD and point to folder SDPC.

9. Close RawkSD3 beta, Start RawkSD, select OPEN SD CARD and point to folder SDPC, Click Customs->Update SD Save. You can close RawkSD app.

Enjoy!
yay.gif
Excellent, mon ami
smile.gif

I have updated the guide.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my experience RB2 takes about 10 min to load with uloader when using usb nand emulation,
regardless of dlc. I have tried with no dlc loaded on the hdd and it still took about 10 min.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb