wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
mascot.gif
SuperCard DSTWO Official Review
NEW GBATemp Review!
01_supercardds2_review_header.png

GBATemp is proud to announce the publication of the official SuperCard DSTWO review! This review would not have been possible without the generous help of a few individuals (all given proper thanks at the end). Take some of your free time to read through the review. Please post any comments or questions in the discussion thread linked below.

The missing 3 features (SNES EMU, E-book reader, drag/drop video support) will be reviewed after their releases and the SCDS2 review will be amended to include any additional information.

For any typos or misspelled words, I kindly ask that you PM me. Please do not clutter this thread with those comments.

icon11.gif
 SCDS2 Review
discuss.png
 Discuss

LINK289

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just finished reading, great review! Well written (as usual) I just hope nobody will be turned off purchasing the card because of the way you talk about the build quality (I can understand why you have to mention it in a review though).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i said in there that if they treat it like an adult it won't cause issues. but when i popped it out of the package i saw the corner come apart and was like, what the hell? i've never had a cart that you could pull apart like that. it’s more of a cautionary statement for users who might purchase it for their children.

-another world

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i said in there that if they treat it like an adult it won't cause issues. but when i popped it out of the package i saw the corner come apart and was like, what the hell? i've never had a cart that you could pull apart like that. it’s more of a cautionary statement for users who might purchase it for their children.

-another world

Well, when I was tearing up the DHL Bags and Box and opened the SCDS2 box, the flash cart already came out of its place and dropped onto the floor. Luckily, there was no damage to the flash cart (the flash cart falling apart). I've had no problems with its build quality. I'm just annoyed that I have to put the Micro SD all the way down into the flash cart as if I'm going to break it.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the incredibly in depth review. I was hoping to get out a preview/minireview in a Tempcast before this dropped, but due to circumstances not of my own control, I was unable to do that. A future episode of the Tempcast will still include a review of what is offered thus far, and episodes following that will be updated with further impressions as new features are finally released, and as improvements are made as well.

cowboycoder77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent review. Many thanks for the time and effort that went into it.

I had already given into temptation and ordered a DSTWO before reading it. As much out of curiosity as anything. I'm pretty confident that the promised functions will come, it's just a question of how robust they are. The build quality sounds disappointing though as that is something that cannot be resolved by software updates. If the card is too flimsy or a major pain to insert/remove then I'll probably not end up using it as my main card. Hopefully will still be fun to mess around with and the plugins are a nice touch.

Thanks again for a quality review.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know if it's just me but I find the built quality to be pretty decent compared to the acekard and ddst anyway.I agree with everything else you said though! good review.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow Fabulous review AnotherWorld! There sure are lot's of pros and cons for this one, eh. Can't wait for the DivX playback!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
thegame07 said:
I don't know if it's just me but I find the built quality to be pretty decent compared to the acekard and ddst anyway.I agree with everything else you said though! good review.

you can pull almost the entire card apart into halves just using a fingernail. the shell is the same as the acetel ak2i, but instead of clips they went with 1 miniature screw which does nothing. i'm sorry but the build quality is far from decent. i would consider a decent card to be the ak2.1 with the clips, not the best design but decent enough to support the shell. the card will last if you simply take it in and out of your nds, but i could not ignore the fact that it had no clips or glue, and that the screw was improperly placed.

this same type of 1 screw no clip or glue design was used on the original r4. cards have come a long way since then and i would have expected to see a better design for $40. especially considering the fact that you can get a flash kit that plays roms and homebrew for as little as $6 these days.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: