OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here's what's going on for me.

Stuck in pre-loader
Can not access system menu, even when settings for both autoboot and return to are set to system menu.

Can not access homebrew channel, it tells me I that title is not installed.

bottom left screen says i have IOS v50
System Menu V0

How the fack do I have system menu v0

alright, what to do now?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can still use preloader to boot homebrew to fix your wii. i would start by having it install dopmii and then run that. from there, you can check out what is actually on your wii. most likely, you need to install IOS 50 and patch it with identify. but without knowing what is in your wii, i cant say for sure.

wolfei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
you can still use preloader to boot homebrew to fix your wii. i would start by having it install dopmii and then run that. from there, you can check out what is actually on your wii. most likely, you need to install IOS 50 and patch it with identify. but without knowing what is in your wii, i cant say for sure.

But I just mentioned that I have have no access to my homebrew channel from preloader. It gives me an error and statement that
"the title does not exist are you sure it is installed"

jkashuba07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I got a similar problem before, somehow I lost my entire system menu.. if you put a boot.dol on root of your SD card preloader will find it and boot it for you. What I did was use wankiko safe fw installer to install system menu again, and wala back to normal... you can try something like that ^.^

wolfei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jkashuba07 said:
Hi, I got a similar problem before, somehow I lost my entire system menu.. if you put a boot.dol on root of your SD card preloader will find it and boot it for you. What I did was use wankiko safe fw installer to install system menu again, and wala back to normal... you can try something like that ^.^

Now, is this the boot.dol for the whole softmii itself. Or the boot.dol for something else?
Any specific guides for this problem?
and when this happened to you, did your preloader's bottom left corner say your system menu was v0?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You installed preloader on 3.4, this is a classic blunder. Not sure how your mucked it into v0, but you need to install ios60-v6174, then SM 4.1, then priiloader

This method should be good for you

QUOTE said:
Preloader/Priiloader Brick Fix

"Error autobooting system menu! Ticket not found!"
"System Files are Corrupted"
Other errors

Sometimes you will find yourself semi-bricked with preloader/priiloader. This usually occurs following the installation of preloader/priiloader onto an unsupported system menu, or results from a corrupted installation of unknown origin. It can also occur following a failed system menu update, or system ios install. If you find your self booting to a system error or black screen following the above scenario, but have a functional preloader/priiloader, this could fix you.

Most common cause- Installing preloader/priiloader on 3.4, shame on you.
Less common cause- Corrupted installation of preloader/priiloader.

Warnings:
If you recently installed a wad, usually for a custom channel of some sort, WiiWare, or VC title, do not follow this guide. You are likely bannerbricked, and this is not for you. If you can see the health screen, you are likely bannerbricked as well. You must uninstall the bad banner to fix your issue.

The following procedure will reinstall your system ios and system menu, removing preloader/priiloader in the process. Dop-Mii will backup and restore priiloader after the System Menu install. Preloader will be removed by this method- before reboot we must reinstall Priiloader if it was not restored by dop-mii. Restart of the wii without Priiloader install could result in a wii without Priilaoder.

Backup and format your sd-card
Extract Dop-Mii_v12_CB2_BB2.zip to sd:\

Load Dop-Mii
Load dop-mii from HBC, or-
Load from priiloader load/install, load the boot.dol, or
You can use HBC-Loader to start HBC if needed, then load dop-mii
Dop-mii starts

Select ios249, press A (249 fails?, try 250, 222/223, 36, others, try try try again)
Select ios, mios, bc, press A
Install IOS60-64-v6174 with all patches
Install from NUS if online
From SD if offline- place all needed wads in sd:\wad
IOS60-64-v6174.zip
Press B to back out the main menu

Select System Menu, press A
Select System Menu 4.1 (u, e, j, k) for your region
Install from NUS if online, or offline from SD- place all needed wads in sd:\wad
4.1u-System Menu-NUS-v449.zip = NTSC-U USA
4.1e-System Menu-NUS-v450.zip = PAL Euro
4.1j-System Menu-NUS-v448.zip= NTSC-J JAPAN
4.1k-System Menu-NUS-v454.zip = NTSC-K KOREA
Install System Menu 4.1
Backup and Restore priiloader when prompted (very important),
Preloader will be removed
Exit to HBC
DO NOT REBOOT WII

Restore Priiloader
If you have priiloader, dop-mii should have offered to backup/restore it-
If Priiloader was restored by dop-mii, go to below hacks.ini
If you have preloader, it will be removed
If you had preloader, or if priiloader was not restored for some reason
Extract Priiloader_0.4_BB2.zip to sd:\
Install priiloader from HBC,
-Read the instructions, and hold down B, and press + to use ios249. This will install priiloader.

Enable mandatory Priiloader Hacks
Extract hacks.ini.zip to sd:\
Hold reset and boot into priiloader
Click hacks, enable "block disk updates" and "block online updates"

Warning: This process is well tested and very very safe, but like all thing there are risks and this could brick your wii.

wolfei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
You installed preloader on 3.4, this is a classic blunder. Not sure how your mucked it into v0, but you need to install ios60-v6174, then SM 4.1, then priiloader

This method should be good for you

QUOTE said:

well holy god beans.
If this works...I'm gonna give you such a massive hand job....of applause!
Early thanks if this works. I'll post back a reply if it works.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need HBC to start homebrew. i said use preloader to run it. theres only like 5 things you can do in preloader. i bet you can figure out how to boot a dol with it.

jkashuba07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome news wolf, sorry i didnt get back earlier but that boot.dol i was talking bout was the wankiko fw installer, i just renamed it to boot.dol and it booted into the installer.

Glad you got it working again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet