OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New God of War For PSP
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
One of the best modern franchises from Sony is making a return to the PSP later this year! God of War: Ghost of Sparta will be the fifth title in the series and second title for the PSP.

QUOTE said:
God of War: Ghost of Sparta is headed to the Playstation Portable later this year and the best part, it's being developed by the folks who made the first, fantastic God of War PSP title.

The title will be a collaborative effort between Ready at Dawn and Sony Computer Entertainment's Santa Monica Studio.

"Excitement for the God of War franchise is at an all-time high and we're thrilled to continue that momentum with God of War: Ghost of Sparta," said Scott A. Steinberg, vice president, product marketing, SCEA. "This new adventure will showcase Kratos on PSP like never before in an experience that fans and newcomers can enjoy on the go, anytime, anywhere."

Set in the realm of Greek mythology, God of War: Ghost of Sparta is a single-player game that allows players to take on the powerful role of Spartan warrior Kratos. This new adventure picks up after God of War® concludes, telling the story of Kratos' ascension to power as the God of War. In his quest to rid himself of the nightmares that haunt him, Kratos must embark on a journey that will reveal the origins of lost worlds, and finally answer long-awaited questions about his dark past. Armed with the deadly chained Blades of Chaos, he will have to overcome armies of mythological monsters, legions of undead soldiers, and amazingly dangerous and brutal landscapes throughout his merciless quest.

Utilizing state-of-the-art visual technologies, the development team has made significant strides to give players a realistic feel that has never been seen before on PSP or any other portable platform. The game showcases higher quality environments and characters, giving an unmistakable realism to Kratos' newest quest. Providing over 25% more gameplay, God of War: Ghost of Sparta will feature fluid, life-like characters, a robust weapon system, new magical powers, weapons and navigational abilities, many more enemies on screen, and a greater number of boss encounters, truly bringing the experience to life, all while on the go.

Source (reposting kotaku news ftw!)
First Screens
Discuss

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YEAAAHHHH

yay.gif

GOW never fails to impress, maybe one of the few modern franchises im liking so far, along with AC

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
Awesome i really was not expecting this.. cannot wait, im so hyped for this and kh now
biggrin.gif
It's been rumoured for some time as has a PSP Uncharted title.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
Rockstar said:
Awesome i really was not expecting this.. cannot wait, im so hyped for this and kh now
biggrin.gif

That would make me extremely happy, as i don't have a PS3, and i REALLY want to learn the marvels of Nathan Drake's life.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gaydrian said:
Rockstar said:
biggrin.gif
Well if the uncharted thing is true and they give us resident evil portable then I guess I can buy the 3ds a bit late as the psp will be good enough for portable gaming
biggrin.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Really doubting about buying a second hand PSP soon, could buy one for about 50 euros, incredibly cheap if you see the amount of classics on it....
If I find one in a good state, I'll do it
smile.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Ooh, the screenshots are marvelous!

The first GOW for PSP did a fantastic job, so this should give the PSP a quick jolt again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1