Gaming Need help unbricking my psp

pkl2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i tried unbricking my psp what i did was i made a mms and pandoras battery using my friends psp and hellcats recovery.i hold in the left trigger and press X to install CFW but once it finsihes installing all i get is my psp screen flashing away. i dont know what this means but could someone please help.

EDIT:ok now i know why its the screen is flashing although i still cant unbrick my psp each time i try to reflash my psp it is still bricked

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Flashing away? What actually happens? When you flash a new firmware you should get lines of text detailing what's happening and then a prompt to reboot/shutdown.

So assuming it gives you that info as you reflash the firmware what happens next?

pkl2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i reflash my firmware and when it shutsdown i put in a normal battery but it's still bricked(turns on then off straight away).

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried with an alternative MMS tool? Additionally if that doesn't work repartition lflash using the nand option in DCv8 and then try again.

pkl2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive already tried 3 differrent mms tools and i tired repartitioning the lflash but still nothing

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Might i ask what sort of PSP you have and how you actually bricked it? Because at this point it sounds more like a hardware issue.

pkl2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its a psp-1000 and i turned it on one morning and it bricked on itself and it was on CFW GEN-D3

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't get to the recovery menu either? And even with just the AC Power adapter it shuts off? Have you tried alternative memory sticks for the MMS?

Don't suppose you made a nand dump from a previous firmware did you?

1337 post dedicated to Princess Rozalin
laugh.gif

pkl2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i didnt make a nand backup because i didnt realize that i needed one.but is there a way to fix it still?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally i think it's borked....if you've never had any possible hardware damaging issues, hadn't messed with any dodgy plugins and not fiddled with flash0 then this is an example of a firmware bug killing a PSP.

If you've tried EVERYTHING ELSE (and i do mean everything...all the various reflashers and tools associated like keycleaners and repartioners, a different Memory stick for the apps) it's possible for you to regenerate the Nand using DCv8. The Magic Gate key isn't regenerated, and i'm not sure if the wifi one is either although i can't actually remember, but it's effectively to be used as a last resort.

pkl2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks for your help i still try to look around for any possible help but i guess for now it broken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::bow:HAPPY HOLLIDAY BIRTHDAY Psi ! :bow::grog::toot::hrth: +1