Hacking pussieLoader

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What is it?
it is a rebooter & system menu patcher that should be run from bannerbomb for people too pussie to install the homebrew channel or patch an IOS so they can use better tools.

Why is it?
there was a post from a dude wanting to copy protected saves without installing any cIOS or homebrew. so that got me wondering why nobody has made something like that yet. so here is my first attempt.

Where is it?
v1http://www.multiupload.com/FBLGGQEZV8
v2http://www.multiupload.com/NILEOJUKIF

what system menus does it work on?
it SHOULD work on every system menu that has a SD card menu. even if it does start from the old bannerbomb, the system menu will most likely freeze when you reboot it and try to copy a save. i have just taken the "remove copy protection" hacks from wiibrew. so any of the 4.X system menus there should be working.

is it safe?
yes. there is no code here that writes anything to the nand, SD card, usb drive, network or anywhere but the RAM.

does it have bugs?
yes. its only been tested on 1 wii so far... mine.

its got a some issues that im not sure if i can get rid of. maybe one day.
in an attempt not to use any DI_Verify() related stuff, ive also left out any IOS reload stuff. that makes sure that it will do what it does no matter if you have a patched IOS or not. it also is the cause of many possible issues since it is not a great idea.

the IOS is left in the state that it was in when you run bannerbomb to crash the system menu.
apparently if you have already gone to the "Data Management" in the settings before you do bannerbomb to run this, and then you try to go there after you have restarted the system menu, it will freeze. because of the fact that the IOS has already been doing other stuff before this program is run and then it loads the system menu again without resetting the IOS, it really is in an unstable state. and because of that, there can be random crashes once the system menu has bee restarted.

why can't I use this with the old bannerbomb?
as stated already, the IOS is left in the state it was when bannerbomb did its thing. so my best guess is that the following happens...
you start the system menu and go to the data management screen to use bannerbomb.
the system menu does the equivalent of
CODEfor( int i = 0; i < ALL_THESE_CHANNELS; i++ )
FILE* fp = fopen( someimportantfile, rb);
then you crash the system menu with bannerbomb. and since those files were never closed, the system menu cannot open them when it tries.

why does it tell me to eject the dvd and try again?
if there was a dvd in the drive, it will be identified as the dvd and not the system menu

how do i use it?
use system menu 4.0 or higher
put the boot.dol on the root of your sd card and the bannerbomb private foder.
remove any dvd from the wii's vagina
go to the sd card menu.
load the dol.
it should restart your system menu and you will be able to copy saves using the "Data Management" in the settings.
even if the "copy" button looks disabled, click it anyways.
if the system menu freezes at any time, just hold the power button till the light goes red, then turn on your wii and try again
I don't recommend back-to-back usage. Aside from there being no benefit, you add to the chance that this will crash from "stacking" it back to back. Instead, use this to restart the system menu. Then press reset or home->wii menu befor you try it again.

i would like some feedback.
does this work for you?
if it crashes 3/4 times, i count that as working.

if it NEVER works, what system menu do you have?

does it reboot but you are still unable to copy saves?

does it work great?

do you have preloader installed?

changelog
v1. initial release

v2. changed from ISFS_ to ES_
changed entrypoint
suppress most debug output. people using this wont have a usb gecko anyways
lots of little changes under the hood
tested and verified working on my wii with 4.0u, 4.1u, and 4.2u with official and correct IOSes
ive just 50 tests in a row with no freezing or crashes (4.1u).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice. If you have a disc in the drive and run something from bannerbomb you are identified as the disc and without disc you are identified as system menu? That's a bit strange.

If you want something to do, you can also do an AnyTitle Deleter for bannerbomb. And i'm not sure if Daco finally did, you can try to write a priiloader installer that doesn't require a patched IOS. Well i don't know if you can write the system menu files if you are identified as system menu. Oh and of course only if you want to.

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you get the ticket with the current unpatched IOSes and running from bannerbomb? i thought that was one issue with preloader needing patches and stuff.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
giantpune said:
can you get the ticket with the current unpatched IOSes and running from bannerbomb? i thought that was one issue with preloader needing patches and stuff.

When being identified as system menu you should be able to read the tmd, ticket and contents of the system menu, but i'm not sure about writing. Maybe it's better to not touch it if it runs as unstable as you described.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mhm...isn't this basicly Banana Patcher? Seems like it...only with Code that you won't need an IOS with Trucha (I think you have to remove the IOS Reload from an App, that it get's the "Bannerbomb-Permission", right? EDIT: Yup, I was right
tongue.gif
. Reading the whole post is always a win xD.
).

But yeah...much better name
tongue.gif
. And still great work, as always
smile.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
laugh.gif

This loader has the best name ever! If I ever meet you in real life, remind me that I owe you a huge amount of drinks, GiantPune.
yaywii.gif

I can already see how conversations will go:

guy: help! I tried to move some protected files around for fun, but my wii won't let me.
community: ok...have you tried ?
guy: no...it won't have me do some things I don't know anything about, will it? I'm a bit noobish.
community: erm...it's just an app that runs off the homebrew channel.
guy: app? homebrew channel? runs?
wacko.gif
Waaaah! Don't get all technical with me! I'm an average gbatemp user! I just want to do stuff!
community: well...the homebrew channel is a program that allows you to easily run all sorts of other programs. If you just install it...
guy: I don't want to make any changes! I'm too scared that nintendo ever finds out anything.
community: ...
community: in that case, you can try pussieloader. It won't make any changes in your system whatsoever. It's MADE for people like you!
smile.gif

guy: well...and you're sure it's not going to brick my wii? I think I've read something about someone ever bricking a wii, and I don't want that to happen to me.
community: trust us: we're random guys from the internet...OF COURSE you're not going to brick your wii.
smile.gif

guy: okay...

guy: ey! this thing crashes on me!
mad.gif

community: yep. That's normal. Sorry, but if you don't want to make changes to your wii whatsoever, you're going to have to deal with it that it may crash about...3 times out of 4. Just keep trying.
smile.gif

guy: ...
guy: I hate this community.
hate2.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for that application
smile.gif

I tested it with 3.2E (for the fun, I know I can use menuLoader), but I got only a blackscreen.

edit for Xflak : I know it need 4.x, it was just for testing purpose and see the result.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Cyan said:
I tested it with 3.2E (for the fun, I know I can use menuLoader), but I got only a blackscreen.QUOTEwhat system menus does it work on?
it SHOULD work on every system menu that has a SD card menu. even if it does start from the old bannerbomb, the system menu will most likely freeze when you reboot it and try to copy a save. i have just taken the "remove copy protection" hacks from wiibrew. so any of the 4.X system menus there should be working.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad I caused something productive to happen.

I HAVE A HACKED WII

with Homebrew Channel
with cIOS
with USB Loader GX
with cMIOS
etc., etc., etc.!!!!!!!!

All of my questions were about how feasable it would be getting an Endless Ocean save file from someone over the Internet. That same someone does not have a hacked Wii, is over 40, and probably hates change.

If any of you smart, smart GBAtemp users (besides Giantpune, you're awesome) would like to provide a complete Endless Ocean save file for me, great. That is all I want for my

ALREADY HACKED with HBC etc..... Wii.

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to get all defensive. I don't think anyone here said anything to imply you didn't know what you were doing.

GiantPune said:

QUOTE said:
there was a post from a dude wanting to copy protected saves without installing any cIOS or homebrew

Which only says you were looking for something like, not necessarily for yourself.

And Wever created a hypothetical situation set in the future, and not a conversation he was expecting you to be a part of.

As you said yourself, be happy you brought forward the idea for a useful tool. Nobody said YOU needed it
wink.gif

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lee Zappetta said:
http://www.wiisave.com/index.php?cid=230

There's a complete Endless Ocean game save for ya (or so it says).

Google, son. Two clicks.

Lee
I'll try it. Actually "complete" is a simplification, I want a game in the spring season. (You start in summer and have to go through the rest of the seasons to get to spring)

Also, I tried the loader 5 times, worked 0 times. 4.2 U, Priiloader installed but disabled. Bootmii installed as boot2. cIOS rev 17[?].

edit 2: Lawl - The USA save is one I posted myself to GameFAQs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: