DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can't wait to get the game. I heard that Capcom is making dedicated servers for this game so hopefully no lag. But something I cannot wait for this game is the online, might need to get WiiSpeak for faster interaction with the other players instead of having my USB Keyboard ontop of my lap lol...

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
Sooooo looking forward to this, and I don't often go crazy over game releases heh.
I've played the Japanese version, English Demo and PSP games after hearing about MHTri (which was the first MH I ever heard of xD) and it's really a blast, it's quickly become one of my favorite game series!
Can't wait to play it online with some good mates. (Give me a shout later if anyone wants to play! _o/)
I really like how you can't just smash buttons and expect to slay a monster, you need to doge just right and run away at the right time etc. really nice stuff...
The Multiplayer doesn't sync frames like some other Wii games either, it just sends player positions and stuff directly... which means there won't be any delay in the controls, like there is in Brawl and FFC Echoes of Time.

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
I've never played a Monster Hunter game before, but with the inclusion of online play i'm planning on trying it out.

Am I right in thinking that this is similar to PSO?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I'd try out Monster Hunter for once to see if it was any good. I "obtained" Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and threw that on my PSP. I was rather disappointed.

It seems pretty boring. Run around, kill monsters, repeat. I mean, I'm still early in the game, but I don't know if I want to go any further. I was expecting some epic combat here, not mindless hacking and slashing. Maybe it's just that when I think "big monster fights" I think of epicness like God of War or whatever.

I'll probably try it when it's out (if I'm not playing something else by that time), but whether or not it'll be any good for me is a different matter.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I thought I'd try out Monster Hunter for once to see if it was any good. I "obtained" Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and threw that on my PSP. I was rather disappointed.

It seems pretty boring. Run around, kill monsters, repeat. I mean, I'm still early in the game, but I don't know if I want to go any further. I was expecting some epic combat here, not mindless hacking and slashing. Maybe it's just that when I think "big monster fights" I think of epicness like God of War or whatever.

I'll probably try it when it's out (if I'm not playing something else by that time), but whether or not it'll be any good for me is a different matter.

One of the reasons why MH3 is fun is because you play with friends; I'd say that's where the main focus is about actually. That's why Japan charges for online fees and yet, the japanese are willing to pay just to play with others. You don't have that option in God of War so you can't really compare the two.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:

it takes time to actually get into monster hunter, the more fun quests begin with the 2* elder quests. at first its just what you said, kill x amount of monsters, gather a couple things. pretty easy and boring start. for most the challenge begins with the kut-ku and the next hurdle usually being the khezu, thats when its really starts to get fun.

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a hype thread, not a whine-about-why-you-don't-like-it thread! (no disrespect)
Plus, Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is old, go check out Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and get some friends together.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hezkore said:
This is a hype thread, not a whine-about-why-you-don't-like-it thread! (no disrespect)
Plus, Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is old, go check out Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and get some friends together.

Last time I checked this was a "Share your MH3 feelings" type of thread not "Let's all scream 'MH3!!!!!' to each other" thread.

Killing monsters with friends and killing monsters alone is still just killing monsters TBH. I wouldn't really have any friends to play this with so I guess that appeal is lost on me.

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I guess you need some friends to play this game... oh well, tough luck...
MONSTER HUNTER TRIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! *Nintendo 64 kid scream*

blackflag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I preordered the version with the classic controller pro. I can't wait. I just really hope I'll be able to play the actual release on my nodded wii. Hoping there's nothing in there that'll stop it. I assume I'll at least have to update from 4.1 to 4.2 but I hope not. My wii works great the way it is set up now.

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think there will be any problem... I've played the Japanese retail version and it's worked great sofar, even got online with it heh

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Safavid said:
For the love of god I pray that this game will allow usb loaders to go online with the game

of course it will, the only thing you have to watch out for is hackers online, although i know capcom are waving the ban hammer on hackers so we are pretty safe anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night