Review Eric's Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing First Impression Review.

ericling

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
960425_125305_front.jpg

-Introduction
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing is a kart racing game featuring characters from the Sonic series as well as Samba De Amigo, Super Monkey Ball and Crazy Taxi.

-Gameplay 8/10
Obviously a Mario Kart's clone but Sega made some changes of course.
First of all,
a)some items/weapon changes.
Green Turtle Shell:Boxing Gloves
Red Turtle Shell:Rockets
Boosting Mushroom:Sonic's sneakers
Banana Peels:Traffic Cones

Left refer to Mario Kart and right refer to Sega All Stars Racing

b)Weapons/items explanation:
Furthermore, there are bunch of cool item and weapons. Each character has specific "All Star Move"-such as Sonic's Super Sonic, Tail's Tornado etc. The all star move makes the game more thrilling.
biggrin.gif
Great job by Sega this time.There's very little time for you to see the rocket shooting at you. (almost like no alert at all. Maybe 1-2sec of alert) So usually your car will suddenly got shot, and turn/spin/lost control. Ruin the fun.

c)Controls:
The drift seems to be very easy. But not really that fun. The control is quite sharp but I hate it when I bang into the wall or something, the car will spin/lost control.

-Sound
The sound is way too soft. I tried in earphone, the engine sound is very loud. But it sounds okay with normal DS speakers.The voice acting is different compared to Mario Kart. In Mario Kart, when you hit your opponent/ you get hit, there'll be voices from opponent/you .But the voice by each character in Sega All Stars Racing are quite little.Guess I dun have to write long review on sound since it does not have much voice acting and cut scenes. 7/10

-Graphics
It is quite messy ,not as smooth like Mario Kart's graphic.
But still, it's on the par. Remember, it's Nintendo Dual-Screen(NDS)
unsure.gif

The tracks is much more creative compared to Mario Kart. But usually you will go to wrong way due to the complicating tracks. And the cart design, it is completely based on the character/ fully compatible with the characters. It is great job. 7.5/10

-Lasting Appeal
Lots of addictive challenges in the game.They make the game more exiting and players will wan to play it more and more and more and....
biggrin.gif
Nice job. 8/10

Closing comment:
As you can see, my whole review contain alot of "creative". Conclusion: This game is totally creative. Since this game seems to be the biggest competitor for Mario Kart, I compare a lot with Mario Kart.

Overall:8/10

This is my debut attempt on writting a review..
I am not a profesional in commenting the graphic part. So please give some comments and advises.Thanks
rolleyes.gif

And this is my 350th post in Gbatemp. Thanks to all the users that accompanied me along the way and have a nice weekend!

EDIT: Since I wrote this review too fast yesterday, I corrected some words and grammatical mistakes in this post. Thanks Gamesoul for your reminding. =D

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This might be the game that will get the dust off my DS. Thanks for the review! Also, not trying to be an ass, but you should work on your english more for future reviews.

ericling

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
GameSoul said:
This might be the game that will get the dust off my DS. Thanks for the review! Also, not trying to be an ass, but you should work on your english more for future reviews.

I corrected some words and grammatical mistakes in this post. Thanks for your reminding. =D And hope this game will get the dust off your DS.
yaywii.gif

o0ICE0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a non- native English speaker, the grammar is quite good.
(My Spanish is atrocious)

...This game looks neat.
Thank you for the review!
happy.gif

ericling

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
o0ICE0o said:

...This game looks neat.
happy.gif

Ahaha. Thanks for your comment
biggrin.gif

I am from Malaysia and I'm a Chinese, just same with elixirdream
tongue.gif

(elixir,dun mind I use your name right ? =P)

o0ICE0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ericling said:
o0ICE0o said:

...This game looks neat.
happy.gif

Ahaha. Thanks for your comment
biggrin.gif

I am from Malaysia and I'm a Chinese, just same with elixirdream
tongue.gif

(elixir,dun mind I use your name right ? =P)
I know - I just used Spanish as an example because it is the only other language I know well enough to complain about my grammar.
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end