Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My thread is going to be disappered from memory...

Now I have selectloader X bootlib test.
Former selectloader uses boot library in reset_mse_06b_for_ak2 (the same as RPGS.nds/R4DS.nds). But it is reported not to work on some cards such as EZVi.
So here is new version: [use top post]

### DSTT/AK2i users should use former version; this version prevents ROMs from being loaded.

Launch /_MENU_*.NDS along with the button held.
/_MENU_A.NDS A
/_MENU_B.NDS B
/_MENU_X.NDS X
/_MENU_Y.NDS Y
/_MENU_L.NDS L
/_MENU_R.NDS R
/_MENU_ST.NDS Start
/_MENU_SE.NDS Select
/_MENU_.NDS None

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
twiztidsinz said:
Xenon++ said:
coolness said:
i Accept my Fate
it failed every Time
Tell me error message
I think coolness has FAR more issues than you could help with.
I swear I see new posts by him every week asking for help with something on his card(s).

you know your self ;)
tongue.gif

bannockburn1314

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ im trying to get moonshell 2.10 to boot on start up and be able to launch my nds games from moonshell using this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149734 is this what your talking about here?.I managed using that guide to get moonshell 2.10 to boot on start up but when i try to start a game from moonshell i get a error message saying format not supported or corrupt files.Im desperate to get it set up this way so my daughter will be able to operate her ds by herself,can you help please.The guide above i cant make out what im supposed to do quote #Along with Link Launcher, ysloader which accepts multibyte and dlditool public domain below.

I have created a workaround to load commercial ROMs in MoonShell >=2.07.
Firstly make a link template homebrew.
Nextly overwrite the template area with desired filename (we call it link file (Link Launcher)).
Then execute it in Adapter.
The link file reads the template area, writes down /moonshl2/extlink.dat, then executes what was extlink loader.
#The link file is actually only a homebrew so launchable from MoonShell2.

As it uses link file, we call this ndslink method.

i have an original r4 card and would be grateful for any help.Thanks

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bannockburn1314 said:
Xenon++ im trying to get moonshell 2.10 to boot on start up and be able to launch my nds games from moonshell using this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149734 is this what your talking about here?.I managed using that guide to get moonshell 2.10 to boot on start up but when i try to start a game from moonshell i get a error message saying format not supported or corrupt files.Im desperate to get it set up this way so my daughter will be able to operate her ds by herself,can you help please.The guide above i cant make out what im supposed to do quote #Along with Link Launcher, ysloader which accepts multibyte and dlditool public domain below.

I have created a workaround to load commercial ROMs in MoonShell >=2.07.
Firstly make a link template homebrew.
Nextly overwrite the template area with desired filename (we call it link file (Link Launcher)).
Then execute it in Adapter.
The link file reads the template area, writes down /moonshl2/extlink.dat, then executes what was extlink loader.
#The link file is actually only a homebrew so launchable from MoonShell2.

As it uses link file, we call this ndslink method.

i have an original r4 card and would be grateful for any help.Thanks

This video might be able to help you out (takes a little bit to see, but if you follow the steps, it should be simple):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdofItOLzdo

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you for introducing but actually this video is wrong a little.
You must put nds.*.nds OTHER than /moonshl2/extlink/
The rest procedures are OK.

I hid the theory in "spoiler". You should read only "How to install".

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
4. Put mshl2wrap.ini to /moonshl2/extlink and modify it for "loader=" (your desired loader filename. in default /nds.akaio.nds)
I don't know what you mean by "modify it for "loader=" (your desired loader filename. in default /nds.akaio.nds)".
Do you think you could explain it differently?

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Freudian Lemur said:
I don't know what you mean by "modify it for "loader=" (your desired loader filename. in default /nds.akaio.nds)".
Do you think you could explain it differently?
So in default:
Code:
loader = /nds.akaio.nds
If you want to put nds.yslaunch.nds in /moonshl2, write:
CODEloader = /moonshl2/nds.yslaunch.nds

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just as a quick question Xenon++ (since I don't have a working DS anymore and I can't test anything), what does the SelectLoader do exactly?
I mean I get that it allows you to select a loader, but are you selecting a loader similar to M3SakuraDLDI with its hold x/y autoboot feature, or am I correct in inferring that it works along the lines of
Code:
load selectloader interface ---> press button ---> loader setting saved to mshl2wrap ---> softreset back to moonshell2

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Just as a quick question Xenon++ (since I don't have a working DS anymore and I can't test anything), what does the SelectLoader do exactly?
SelectLoader works like defaultx/defaulty.nds. So if you hold X /_MENU_X.NDS launched. A for /_MENU_A.NDS, Start for /_MENU_ST.NDS and so on. Only launching, won't write anything.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Warning: Anyway if someone messes gbatemp about ysmenu/moonshell, I might have to add authentification in mshl2tools(only to read document and add proper phrase to ini. So easy)

I have decided if any nds.*.nds other than nds.mshl2wrap.nds exists in /moonshl2/extlink, Link Launcher will halt in next release. Very sorry.
Feel free to burn lightyear.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was about to distribute ysmenu resource protect remover (which will enable to make U2Core 090327), but I have to give it up...

Anyway next release might contain many things... Possibly major update(0.25).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night