Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Last Airbender directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

What do you think of the movie? What did you think of the series? Do you think this movie will fail along with other live action shows, or will this one succeed?

Express your basic opinion of the movie.

If you've never heard of this movie you go to their main site here: The Last Airbender

Or watch their Theatrical Trailer (in 1080p): Theatrical Trailer

Or watch their Superbowl Trailer (in 1080p): Superbowl Trailer

Or watch their first trailer: Teaser Trailer

Or go to a wiki site for more on the series & the live action movie: Live Action Movie Wiki & TV Series Wiki

Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
not going with the name avatar I see
I can't cuz everyone would think its James Cameron's Avatar.

QUOTE(Advice Dog @ Feb 7 2010, 06:33 PM) is that from the old nickelodeon show? from Shayamalan?

WHAT A TWEEST
Yeup, the series was amazing and won hellah awards (look on the TV Series Wiki) Hopefully Shyamalan keeps it good.

Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well we know a couple of things about the movie. We WILL get to see Appa. (Top right in the Super bowl vid, 0:09) We WILL see the Avatar State. (see Super Bowl vid, 0:25 - 0:26) No sign of Momo D: He was my favorite character!! So far so good, I guess.

Aang's tattoo on his back tho looks like a dragon.... (see Super Bowl vid, 0:05-0:07)

Invalidrobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
M. Night Shyamalan is a terrible director, and has no experience in the fantasty/child film genre, so bad, bad idea to hire him.

The cartoon has some of the most well developed characters in cartoon history, and I hate to see them poorly portrayed in some lousy summer flick. I have very little hopes for this film, and will see just how much I dislike it once I take my daughter to see it.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tropicana said:
Am I the only one that thinks the show went downhill from the mid point of the second season?

I understand what you mean, but I don't think I'd say it went downhill.
It just wasn't as refreshing.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loved the series but I'm a bit hesitant about watching the movie. Like Dragonball Z, the actors portraying these characters aren't even Asian (or well, some are Indian, but I'm not talking about ASIA asian, you know?) so I don't expect it to be a great turnout. Not saying I won't be happy if it does though. I'm probably going to wait and see what other people say before wasting spending $10 on a movie ticket.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel sorry that they had to change the name. They should have trademarked Avatar first before Cameron did.
Plus, it's gonna fail just like Dragonball.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this horribly sucks. We (Wife® and I) are stoked for this flick. She's loves the show, and i'm not the biggest Shammalammadingdong fan, but i'm hella curious to see his take on it.

Not only that, but a good friend of ours is one of the Water Tribe members (not a name in the movie, but one of the focused extras)... one hell of a martial artist btw.

What sucks... it's opening Feb 21st. That is 2 weeks before the Kid®s due date... and when we went to see Sherlock Holmes (xmas day) she had a hard enough time sitting through that, due to being preggers, and she's horribly upset that we cant go see this, because there's no chance in hell she'd be able to manage that long in a theater seat.

Well, let us know how it is. We'll be snagging it as soon as it's out (in all manners
tongue.gif
, and yes, that includes a purchase as soon as available).

ninchya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol i hope not i loved the cartoon growing!!! whats not cool about a asian monk who beats people up with kung fu and air??? IT BETTER NOT FAIL WITH NONE ASIAN ACTORS!!!!!!

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Well this horribly sucks. We (Wife® and I) are stoked for this flick. She's loves the show, and i'm not the biggest Shammalammadingdong fan, but i'm hella curious to see his take on it.

Not only that, but a good friend of ours is one of the Water Tribe members (not a name in the movie, but one of the focused extras)... one hell of a martial artist btw.

What sucks... it's opening Feb 21st. That is 2 weeks before the Kid®s due date... and when we went to see Sherlock Holmes (xmas day) she had a hard enough time sitting through that, due to being preggers, and she's horribly upset that we cant go see this, because there's no chance in hell she'd be able to manage that long in a theater seat.

Well, let us know how it is. We'll be snagging it as soon as it's out (in all manners
tongue.gif
, and yes, that includes a purchase as soon as available).

Wait...I thought it was coming out this summer...

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. What difference does it make if the actors are asian or not? As long as it stays true to the cartoon and the actors /special effects can make the bending believable (which from the trailers looks quite promising) who cares what race they are?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: