Complex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi to everyone!

I'm having a problem...and i would like to have some help, i've seen some suggestions in other topics, but they didn't solve my problem...

So here it goes, I have a wii with 4.2E firmware, i did all the softmod and got it all working correctly, homebrew went with no probs, i used neogamma r8 RC1 to load the backups i have in a usb external drive, everything ok until here.

Then i wanted to make some backups on my wii, and so i followed a tutorial that explained everything, and also mentioned to install cIOS rev 10,
i wasn't sure if i had it so i proceeded as if i already had it, i had some problems detecting the drive to dump, so i thought this could be related with
not having the cIOS rev 10 installed and installed it, using NUSD 1.3 to download the wad needed, everything went ok.

Right after i tried to run the dump wad, and it didn't work...even though it had previously worked...tried 2 or 3 times, and then gave up,
better download the backups from the web...but then when i tried to run neo gamma, it freezed...and after more analysis all the wads froze...

To try and solve this i tried to install cIOS 17, so that it would overwrite the rev 10...once more I downloaded the wad using NUSD 1.3,
and then ran the installer, confirmed by pressing A, and it blocked, tried once more and no success...
I've seen here in the forum people having problems with memory cards so i tried with a different one...but always the same result...

I would like to have a suggestion on how to solve this, so that i can use backups, because it was for that that i started this softmod thing...

Just to clear things, i cannot connect my wii to wifi, and I have bootmii as IOS and also a nand backup, but no classic controller...
I'm thinking of trying to restore the nand, but this seems a drastic solution, no?

I think that i can't consider the wii to be bricked...It works perfectly with original games.

Thank you for your support!
wacko.gif

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
you are WAAAAAYYYYY confused here...

you cant download the rev 10 or 17 using nus... you are installing IOS 10 or 17.... completely different things... you might do better to rtead a little before you totally brick your Wii

Complex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
HI! Thanks for checking my post, but i might have over explained,

I know what NUSD is for, I've downloaded the files required by the cIOS installation, that if you know NUSD,
can be downloaded as a WAD.

So having cleared this, i would like to have a suggestion to my problem...if you have it!
rolleyes.gif

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
wiistarter said:
you are WAAAAAYYYYY confused here...

you cant download the rev 10 or 17 using nus... you are installing IOS 10 or 17.... completely different things... you might do better to rtead a little before you totally brick your Wii
Idiot.

Now back to the question, Cios rev 10 is outdated, Cios rev 17 is the newest one (works great, mario kart works now
smile.gif
)

Also, on 4.2 you need to run any title deleter to delete the stubbed IOS,

Then, Install, heres a guide:

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/waninkoko

Complex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well...the freezing happens also with the Any Title Deleter...It loads, I confirm by pressing (A) and then just freezes and i have to turn it off manually... :S

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry Complex for misreading the post... But you should have a read of the sticky in this forum for modding anyway, it will help a lot.

Davess said:

Not really mate....

I may have read his post wrong but doing like I suggested, READING would have told him he would need to delete any stubbs if his machine was on 4.2 when he got it or if he updated using NINTY so my advice was still sound.... Maybe if people used the guide here instead of others posted all over the place then we wouldnt have to be the ones constantly cleaning up others messes. They always seem to find this place when things go tits up for them

If he is missing important steps like that then it is obvious he is not reading things correctly and thats where mistakes are made.

Nice of you to hit out with name calling though no wonder this forum continually get a great name from others with all the excellent people on it.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Complex... Try Dop IOS MOD... Im sure that has a stub remover built in...Just remember to read the instructions about it so you dont make any mistakes and dont delete the System menu or IOS it needs

Complex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No problem...
But when you start doing softmod, at least me I didn't know where to look for the best answers...and so this happened and I would like to know how to solve it...and the solution presented by Davess doesn't seem to work...

I'm thinking of the NAND recovery through Bootmii but the warning makes me think a lot...

Complex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WEEEEE, or should i say WIIIIIII? Thank very much to you Wiistarter and Davess!!!! This is why I love forums! Dop IOS MOD solved the problem!
New Super Mario Wii is running as I'm writing this post!

Complex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I'm able to load through uLoader, but neogamma keeps freezing...and also does wad manager...any idea of what his might be?

poppa0808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complex: In my own experience, even when you follow a guide perfectly the nature of homebrew is that sometimes things just don't work as expected. I'm in a similar boat; NeoGamma has never worked on my wii. CUSBLoader works just fine. As far as I can tell they are using the same cIOS (17) and both are latest version but one works every time and the other never has.

Long story short, if uLoader works for you, I wouldn't question it. Is there anything you really need from NeoGamma that uLoader doesn't provide?

Complex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi poppa, you're right, if it works, why should I worry...but the thing is that now i can only use uLoader, but I'm not able to install any more wads or even make changes to the existing ones...

So i'm stuck with cIOS rev 10...I'm not even able to install rev 14...just freezes...I should be able to erase it, no?

Complex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After a lot of hours tying to change cIOS, I got to the conclusion that the DOP IOS MOD is the only thing running without any problems, can i try (or better will i be able to) to "erase" the cIOS or restore the stub IOS 249 with it? By this solving my problem, and then afterwards install cIOS rev 14 like i had before?

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
wiistarter said:
Sorry Complex for misreading the post... But you should have a read of the sticky in this forum for modding anyway, it will help a lot.

Davess said:
Idiot.

Not really mate....

I may have read his post wrong but doing like I suggested, READING would have told him he would need to delete any stubbs if his machine was on 4.2 when he got it or if he updated using NINTY so my advice was still sound.... Maybe if people used the guide here instead of others posted all over the place then we wouldnt have to be the ones constantly cleaning up others messes. They always seem to find this place when things go tits up for them

If he is missing important steps like that then it is obvious he is not reading things correctly and thats where mistakes are made.

Nice of you to hit out with name calling though no wonder this forum continually get a great name from others with all the excellent people on it.

Sorry, I just came back from my friends, he softmodded his wii, everytime he turns it on, he either emails me : Is mY WiI Bricked?!?, or *Spam Spam*

*Hand shake?*

Davess

Posts merged

QUOTE(Complex @ Jan 27 2010, 05:13 AM)
Well I'm able to load through uLoader, but neogamma keeps freezing...and also does wad manager...any idea of what his might be?
Have you ran TBR?

Complex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes i used Dop IOS MOD and TBR...they both run without any problem!
But when i try to run anything else besides those two, as for example wad manager, cIOS 2.0 installer, Any Title Deleter, it just freezes...
huh.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Complex said:
Yes i used Dop IOS MOD and TBR...they both run without any problem!
But when i try to run anything else besides those two, as for example wad manager, cIOS 2.0 installer, Any Title Deleter, it just freezes...
huh.gif
Are you running them with IOS249?
If thats the case, try IOS36

Complex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Isn't that more dangerous? I had the idea that using the 249 was safer since is not a system essential IOS... Or more or less this... At least this is what i understood...not to mess with IOS below the 200's

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Complex said:
Isn't that more dangerous? I had the idea that using the 249 was safer since is not a system essential IOS... Or more or less this... At least this is what i understood...not to mess with IOS below the 200's
1) IOS36 isn't system essential either
2) You're not messing with it, you just use it to load one of those apps

wink.gif

Complex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I can use IOS36 in the cIOS installer 2.0 instead of IOS249? Will it replace the previous cIOS rev 10 and give the same results as if i chose IOS 249 during install?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte