Hacking problems with castlevania portrait of ruins

DCG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oke, I am using a m3 ds real with a 2gb kingston micro sd. the only game I am (up till now) experiecing problems with is castlevania PoR. The intro plays perfectly (even better than DoS) but ingame when I accuire a item and equipt it my game crashes when I re-open the menu or enter another room.

Does anyone know a fix for this problem?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well try getting a different dump
The back up your card
Try reformatting it with this program or this one (I have only used this one, but most say try the other one now)
Then see how it works.
If there is any other problems, try another SD card

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Face it guys M3 sucks. The game works perfectly on my Acekard 2i and have the same MIcroSD as you.
Sorry G6Team but you guys need to work on all the glitches your cart has.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
Face it guys M3 sucks. The game works perfectly on my Acekard 2i and have the same MIcroSD as you.

You do realize there's TONS of other flashcarts with this same exact problem?

Stop being an ignorant bull shitting troll Jakob. Seriously, trolling and BSing like this is against the rules.

You know the M3 isn't a shit cart, you're just butt hurt that you're too cheap to pay for a micro sd that isn't some crappy Chinese fake.

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:

Does that have anything to do with this topic? Or help the subject? No. And most carts had problems without updating firmware or patching the rom.
Anyways, try this patch
http://www.kenghot.com/forum/uploads/CastleVaniaPor-Patcher.zip

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin is one of the "problem" games for flashcarts. It requires a microSD that has a 0.7ms response time or better, or so I have been told. It crashes for most people that don't have a microSD that fast. The patch that ARP1 posted will help by removing a few sounds from the game that have been found to be part of the crashing/freezing, but may not completely eliminate the problem.

If you really like the game and NEED to play it, I suggest trying to find a copy in a store somewhere and play it from the retail cart, or buy a stupid-fast microSD.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Princess Rozalin said:
Wait what kind of Micro SD? I have 8 GB SDHC card and Potrait of Ruin still Crashes on me.My Flashcart is Acekard AKAIO 1.5.1
One I found that works the best is Kingston, it never crashed on my cards using that one. I am not sure if it's the best on the market since there are only 3 brands of MircoSD cards sold in my area (Kingston, Sandisk, and some other brand that doesn't work on any of my cards so I ignore it)

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Princess Rozalin said:
Wait what kind of Micro SD? I have 8 GB SDHC card and Potrait of Ruin still Crashes on me.My Flashcart is Acekard AKAIO 1.5.1
One I found that works the best is Kingston, it never crashed on my cards using that one. I am not sure if it's the best on the market since there are only 3 brands of MircoSD cards sound in my area (Kingston, Sandisk, and some other brand that doesn't work on any of my cards so I ignore it)
I see...I think the One i have is Sandisk.I see if i can get a Kingston 8 GB.Thanks Cat Boy ^^

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think people are getting confused here, it's not the brand or the size it's the speed of the memory card. Cards come in three different classes that relates to how fast they can transfer data, I think as Rayder said you need a card with fast class to be able to play this rom on some DS carts.

DCG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, buying a new sd card is no option ( those things cost almost 70 euro here in holland for a 32 gb class 6).
I will try the patch and see if it works.
but still, I am mostley confused about the fact that DoS works perfectly (exept for the intro) and the intro of PoR works exelent but the game crashes once I equipt a item or enter the first map thingy

edit. does anyone know which rom works best? the US or the EUR ???
edit2. forgot to say. the rts is off, even in download play the game crashes.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Princess Rozalin said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Princess Rozalin said:
One I found that works the best is Kingston, it never crashed on my cards using that one. I am not sure if it's the best on the market since there are only 3 brands of MircoSD cards sound in my area (Kingston, Sandisk, and some other brand that doesn't work on any of my cards so I ignore it)
I see...I think the One i have is Sandisk.I see if i can get a Kingston 8 GB.Thanks Cat Boy ^^
Your welcome ^-^ I hope it works for you as well

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DCG said:
Okay, so I tried the patch on the EU version. it sayd Invalid source........
If I am correct it's only for the US version, unless you like need to rename the rom to it's original dump's name, in that case the patch normally tells you.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
uhh cat-guy the patch didnt work proporly on acekard 2i all the sounds are gone!
frown.gif

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Soma Cruz said:
uhh cat-guy the patch didnt work proporly on acekard 2i all the sounds are gone!
frown.gif

Ummm, well that's an interesting side-effect
Well it turns out that was one of the side-effects >.>

QUOTEThis is a patch developed by Nitk (I did nothing but found the patch and upload it here)..
So ALL credit for this goes to Nitk!!

It removes some music and sound effects from the game but reduces freezing possibility drastically!!
Your best shot is not to push START button too much during the game, and also try to use portal room very much....

I've used this patch and it works..

Download it, unzip the pack, run the Patch, choose the clean ROM dump (NOT trimmed or used by any flash cart)..
Patcher will also trim your ROM while patching....

Enjoy..
Source: http://filetrip.net/f2395-Castlevania--Por...g-Patch%29.html
Sorry about that, I never used the patch before, I just got annoyed and put it into my M3 Lite which works fine with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr