OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Wii-like Channels Thread
Yay, more Wii channels! These channels are guaranteed to be 100% like the real Wii channels in all aspects! Except the real Wii channels can't load games from USB xD Anyway, the idea of these channels is to have the same blue/white glossy style Wii channels have. Hope you like them
smile.gif
Here's how to install these channels if you don't know how to.

Wii-like channels feature:
Design that blends with other Wii Menu channels
Channel names in all of the avaliable Wii languages
4:3 and 16:9 ratio versions avaliable for all channels
Each channel has been tested as brick-proof and working*
Photoshop files used are included
100% legal wads!

NeoGamma

NeoGammaR8Wii-likedavidsl_128.png

Forwarder (loads SD:\apps\NeoGamma\boot.dol):
Download
Title ID: XDLA

Autoboot R8 Final, made by xflak40 (xflak40 thread here):
Download
Title ID: XNLA
Change settings by tapping any button during startup. You need an SD card to save these settings.

Autoboot R7, made by Victory144 (Victory144 thread):
Download
Title ID: XNGA
Change settings by holding 1 on startup (also needs SD card to save). Forces your Wii's video configuration by default.

USB Loader

Preview-1.png

Download Forwarder (loads SD:\apps\USBLoader\boot.dol):
With the "mount drive" text
Without the "mount drive" text
Title ID: XULA

Wii64

Preview-2.png

Download Forwarder by xflak40 (see included readme for details)):
With the "insert drive" text
Without the "insert drive" text
Title ID: X64A

Multi-Mod Manager

Preview-5.png

Forwarder (loads SD:\apps\MMM\boot.dol):
Download

Title ID: XMMM

WiiMC

WiiMCWii-Likedavidsl_128.png

Forwarder (loads SD:\apps\wiimc\boot.dol) (WiiMC Site):
Download

Title ID: XWLC

Preview-3.png

Download

Title ID: XWBC

WiiMCWiiWaredavidsl_128.png

Download

Title ID: XWMC

Official Channel by wilsoff. You may want to check it out
smile.gif

WiiWare-like Super Mario War Wii

smw.png

Version 1.3 (WiiBrew Page)
Download

Title ID: XSMW

*Warning: even though the channels have been tested, any kind of mod can be dangerous. I recommend that you install BootMii as boot2 or Priiloader before you attempt to install a channel, because if any damage is made to any Wii because of these channels, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IT. Play safe!

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
mousex said:
Wouldn't a Mplayer symbol fit better than a Windows Media Player symbol?
tongue.gif
Yeah... but there are tons of MPlayer channels already, so I thought of putting a generic media icon instead (yeah I didn't know that was the Windows Media icon when I made the channel, I use Windows XP and it looks different XD)

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Would be cool for the NeoGamma loader for the banner to have the discs spin like the actually channel! That would be cool! Never the less great work!

toicy4ya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup Everyone,

Im new to the forum. I tried a seach on how to install these types of channels on NeoGamma R7 but couldnt find anything. Can someone offer me a link or instructions on how to install this?

Thanks

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
How to install a Wii-like Channel
or any wad for that matter

1- To install a wad you need either the Homebrew Channel or Bannerbomb. If you don't have one of them, install the HBC using xzxero's simplistic mod guide first.

2- In your SD card, make a folder and call it "wad" without the "". Put the channel .wad that you want to install here. You should have "SD:\wad\(your wad file)"

3- Create another folder in the SD card, call it "apps" (you don't need to if you already have it). In this folder create another folder, call it Wad Manager.

4- In the Wad Manager folder, copy the WAD Manager .dol file (download it here if you don't have it; there's a new version, but I use this one and it works fine) and rename it to "boot.dol". In the end, you should have "SD:\apps\WAD Manager\boot.dol"

5- Load the Homebrew Channel, and select the Wad Manager app from the list. If you have many apps on the list, it will be one of the last ones. Alternatively, you can put the Wad Manager .dol in the SD card folder and use BannerBomb to run it.

6- Follow the instructions to install the WAD you want, and make sure to choose the one for your screen ratio (for example NeoGamma.wad for 4:3 TVs, and NeoGammaWide.wad for 16:9/widescreen TVs).

Note: when choosing which IOS to use in Wad Manager, you should use IOS249. If 249 doesn't appear on the list, install it using Waninkoko's cIOS Installer. You need IOS249 to use the Loader channels.

EDIT: If you don't need a loader channel and/or don't want to install cIOS, you can use DOP-Mii to install an IOS36 that allows fake-signing, and use that instead of IOS249.

Hope this helped
biggrin.gif
If you still need help send me a PM.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
LxTrix said:
no neogamma forwarder?
Well since it's the channel many people use the most, I thought it'd be best if an SD card wasn't needed every time you use it. Still, if you have a forwarder .dol I could inject it in the channel, if you want
biggrin.gif

toicy4ya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii_128,

I followed your instructions, however im not sure which ios version i need to select, how do i determine this?

Thanks

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
toicy4ya said:
Wii_128,

I followed your instructions, however im not sure which ios version i need to select, how do i determine this?

Thanks
Use IOS249. If you don't have it install it first, since you'll need it to load backups anyway.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no sources included with these channels and there should be as they all use open source code that has strict rules.
This would also allow others to make their own and stop so much requesting for these type channels to be made for people.

Anyway, I must say I do like the look of them myself, sometimes less is more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it