Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
new wave x (as suspected it would happen) ... ix 1.51 users will be able to boot fine.
ix 1.6 users need to use "activate.iso" to bypass the strict tests performed.

We have had info that it is a new wave as expected would happen, and to get this to run under ix 1.6 you need to run the "activate.iso" disk that was supplied with ix 1.6

People under ix 1.51 will have no problems booting the disk.

Microsoft would do this before ACII and MW2 come out...and I forgot what firmware I was on. Anyone know of a way I can possibly check?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so 1.51 users and below do not need to update or do anything?
hitachi users dont really have a choice as they never released 1.6 :|

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WTF...

so the older firmware has better compatibility than the new one?....huh.

Did they take something out of 1.6 to make room for the 0800 method for backing up?

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work on 1.51 because it doesn't check the PFI which is where the waves are. To get the new games to work on 1.6 you have to burn the activate.iso supplied with iXtreme 1.6 to the first layer of a dual layer dvd. Then put the disc into your Xbox 360 and wait for 30 secs or something). Eject the disc and put in your 4th wave game and it will run (because the stealth checks will be disabled).

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you're disabling a security feature to play the game. Is that safe?

I might just wait out and see if there's an update with the ixtreme firmware.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jiggah said:
It sounds like you're disabling a security feature to play the game. Is that safe?

I might just wait out and see if there's an update with the ixtreme firmware.

The activate discs just disables the checks. Once done it will boot any game, it's safe as long as the copy is good.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WTF??!! What´s your source?, a random quoute isn´t anything.

And if the "source" is legit, why was there even a 1.6 release, if 1.51 is working fine as is?

Something just doesn´t add up here.

(edit) okay looks legit, but how often are we gonna have to open our consoles?!!

HTMLhttp://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-152/wa...eleased-806500/

If this link breaks any rules, please just delete.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This could well get annoying... fortunately with the tweaks to 1.6 and at the time no update to jungleflasher I had to "settle" for 1.51. Unfortunately my friend was not quite so fortunate by the time we came to doing his.

@Rock Raiyu there is no simple way to check as far as I know.

Others, I know it was not asked but I fairly sure it will be; if you have a 7 series liteon and it is flashed then it will be able to give up the key without the need for a probe (you should have a copy from when you flashed it but for the foolish/ripped off you are lucky).

@callmebob 1.51 and 1.6 were the response to the third wave. 1.51 was a "simple" tweak to get games to boot again while 1.6 represents a more profound change along with the third wave support, 1.6 also introduced stronger checks on games that 1.51 does not have and this new tweak on the disc format trips those checks. Anticipating something like this the iextreme people bundled an iso file with the firmware that you can burn which disables the checks as a one time thing (I get the impression it was more intended for any new "nonstandard" games rather than something like this so this is more of a happy side effect).

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
When you say "disables the checks as a one time thing", do you mean you only have to do it once then checks are down for good, or just that the checks are down to play the game, but afterwards they'll be back up again?

I was just about to flash the xbox I resurrected the other day, so I could keep my xbox unopened and untampered. Was also thinking about getting homebrew running on it, except I don't even know what homebrew exists that's worth running.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From the 1.6 release notes:
http://www.xbins.org/nfo.php?file=xboxnfo1712.nfo

"One shot boot mode allows you to boot a Wave X or non stealth game by using the activate.iso disk as a flag. Just insert the activate disc and the next disc inserted will boot without any strict checks. This will still utilise full stealth if available. As soon as that disc is booted the flag is cleared, and you will have to re-insert the activate disk again to enable one shot boot. As always use with caution."

Hopefully there are not too many people stuck with 8 series liteons seen as there is only 1.6 available for them.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
That's the sense I got from afterdawn - just your phraseology confused me ;p

It seems like there's only 1 game that has wave 4 at the moment, so for someone like me who has no intention of playing the new games any time soon, I should be fine just using iX1.6 to play older games, and by the time I work my way up to the new wave 4 games, iX1.7 should be available... or I can just use the activate disk.

Thanks for the heads up
biggrin.gif

Hermessz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
thats bullshit :/

But still, where can I download the activate.iso?
I flashed my xbox on a store, and its pretty shit now because I got 1.6.

Is this activate.iso safe to ban hammer etc? And again, where can I download it and get "how-to-use-instructions"

thx in advance.
Hope 4th wave wont be on upcomming MW2 and AC2.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually I do not know sweenish (OK maybe those two specifically as they are out a bit later), I imagine most pressing plants are fairly busy right now (the few I know of certainly are) so we may have a mild reprieve for a few weeks.

Back on topic liteon drives can cough up their serial in fairly short order once they have been flashed once; no need for a probe second time around. Also you people need to find some better flashing shops if they did not provide your key.

"Where to find the iso to burn?"
In the iextreme 1.6 download; it compresses to hardly anything so it comes bundled.
Those new to these 360 circles the vast majority of xbox (original and 360) stuff is legally fuzzy at best so there is a semi private FTP network that hosts it all called xbins (the link I provided in the my last post up above was for the web frontend to it that just says what is new on the site).
To access it you need to join an IRC channel, request access via PM (it is automated enough) and then fire up an FTP client with the credentials you have just been provided.
Alternatively there is an automated method in the form of easyxbins:
http://www.360mods.net/index.php?name=Down...tails&id=29

You can find it in the "/XBOX 360/firmware/hacked firmware/LiteOn DG-16D2S/" directory. Grab LiteOn_iXtreme-THX_v1.6.REPACK.rar and it will be in there (the other rar file in that directory is for the 8 series liteon and the 0800 directory is for the version that turns your drive into a full time dumping drive).

The "_old" folder in there houses 1.51 ( Lite-on_iXtreme_v1.51-FINAL.rar ) which you can use to build a firmware compatible with wave 4 until such a time as 1.61 or 1.7 appear with wave 4 compatibility.
8 series liteon users are not so lucky (there is only 1.6 for you) although you do have the activate.iso option.

As for how safe: it disables checks although if stealth is available it will use it. Basically continue checking games with ABGX360

Also regarding it being useless now you do realise the 360 has been out for the better part of 4 years with nigh on 2000 releases of which only one you are unable to "simply" run.

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is disappointing news. I am glad to know in advance though. It seems strange that an older firmware will be more compatible with the new wave.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: